33s or 45s Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djFlux

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, just a quick question...

mixing between 33's and 45's... whats the difference in the speeds?
i'm trying to get the correct pitch from a 33 > 45 and 45 > 33

any suggestions? many thanks in an advance for your help

:music::music:

what exactly are you trying to do?

if I got your Q right...

difference in speeds is uhm, 33 revs per minute to 45 revs per minute - or 0.55 revs per sec for the first and 0.75 for the latter.
finding a "correct" pitch will be difficult as a lot of pitch sliders work in different increments - or are differently calibrated for that matter.
At least I think, it's been a while with vinyl.
the easiest way would be to have the same tracks pref one as a 6" for 45 and a 12" for 33. unlikely so take two tracks where you know they have same bpm and beat match.
look at your pitch slider and you should have "your" correct pitch.
Edit:
sorry the 45 running @ 33 rpm with adjusted pitch that is

Last edited:
difference in speeds is uhm, 33 revs per minute to 45 revs per minute - or 0.55 revs per sec for the first and 0.75 for the latter.
finding a "correct" pitch will be difficult as a lot of pitch sliders work in different increments - or are differently calibrated for that matter.
At least I think, it's been a while with vinyl.
the easiest way would be to have the same tracks pref one as a 6" for 45 and a 12" for 33. unlikely so take two tracks where you know they have same bpm and beat match.
look at your pitch slider and you should have "your" correct pitch.
Edit:
sorry the 45 running @ 33 rpm with adjusted pitch that is

I have just been trying to figure out a way to make the job easier
when trying to beat match between 33 to 45 and back again...

I'm using 2x Technics 1200mk2s decks, the pitch control seems
accurate enough (to me atleast), just takes a lot of fine tuning and
takes up too much time.

I will try running the 45s @ 33rpm and see how I go, the only concern
is the track may sound a little (or a lot) strange.

I'll let you know how it goes. Cheers again peepz. :music:
Any other suggestions or advice is appreciated. :)

Last edited:

takes up too much time.

i dont mean to seem mean at all, but if it takes that much fine tuning and too much time, id say you need to work a little more on training your ears, and also implement, if you dont already, using your hands to speed up or slow down the record to find the beat again, some do it that way some do it all by pitch fader and chase the beat so to speak!

so (and once again i dont mean any offence) if you cant beatmatch a record before you run out of time, whether it be 33 to 45 or the reverse, because the same rules apply, so just use your ears and get familiar with the changes in pitch! yes the speeds may be different but its something you just get used to the more time goes on, i can relate to what your saying when i was starting out, but i find the cueing process fun so as much as i would like it to be faster i dont really mind!

:) good luck :grinning:

takes up too much time.

i still don't really get the question... you can have 130 bpm on a 33 vinyl and also 130 bpm on a 45 vinyl. when you set the turntable to 33 and play the former, you'll get 130 bpm, and when you set the turntable to 45 and play the latter, you'll also get 130 bpm. the pitch slider will also work the same in both cases, so i don't see the difference?

or are you trying to play a 33 record at 45 speed or vice versa?

technically it's quite an interesting Q but I can't see any practical use.
Converting 45s gabber tracks into 33s chill out tunes, 33s progressive stuff into HHC 45s?

However, welcome back to these lil fellas...:)
returnofthechipmunksek4.jpg

i still don't really get the question... you can have 130 bpm on a 33 vinyl and also 130 bpm on a 45 vinyl. when you set the turntable to 33 and play the former, you'll get 130 bpm, and when you set the turntable to 45 and play the latter, you'll also get 130 bpm. the pitch slider will also work the same in both cases, so i don't see the difference?

or are you trying to play a 33 record at 45 speed or vice versa?

im with you there, i kinda also think maybe he means he is having an issue with the speed difference in general! Cueing perhaps also, letting go of the record which is a little different i guess, especially when its 45 rpm and pitch is high! :hmmm:

qn needs to be slightly streamlined i think!

Got everything sorted now. Problem fixed. The mixer wasnt showing the correct BPM's. Had to buy a new mixer. Sorry for the confuzzlement!

Got everything sorted now. Problem fixed. The mixer wasnt showing the correct BPM's. Had to buy a new mixer. Sorry for the confuzzlement!

i think i'm even more confused now, but what the hell :lol:

lol, dont ask me... the techy's said is was f*kd (technical term apparently) bought a new one and everything is fine now... *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back