A False Act about AFTERHOURS.FM from Sense.FM

:dnfnoob: :lolz:
lol my two favs

edit- btw dan thanx for the new tag
AH Sr. member =)

Last edited:
^^^
Nice rant i must say but theres too many thing wrong with your letter of idiocy.
by exclusive Dan means that they are only live on AH at this point and time, yes you are right that some DJs were not founded here, but out of the 80+ we have here how many have been founded here. Although i cant justify anything Dan said, i know that there is a reason so many DJs are switching to AH, even though they arent getting paid.
About this "broadcast license" im currently working on a CCTV project in my HS, and i suggest you research some terms before you point them out. Since everyrthing on AH is mixed or the very few mp3s that Dan has playing at 4AM there is no need for royalties. Why do you think so many Podcasts and small television stations have prospered.

"
Please have a look at the SenseGenerate.FM website and you will find a link to the SWCast Network (swcast.net) where we are legalized to stream audio content. SenseGenerate.FM has a 6,000 listener slot capacity including an up to 500kbps in and out connection both on audio and video."

nobody cares about your website, if you came to advertise, thats a bit pointless seeing as AH listeners stay loyal to the great music this amazing website provides.

and usually when people post these kinds of things its fueled by jealousy.

ps-im srry for my horrible typing but im working on a project and i coudlnt read this and just say nothing, although Ivan most likely spent about 2 days on that in microsoft word.
and one last thing, at least you're smart enough to check out the competitions forums, and take a look at what you'll never be able to beat.

:ah: :dnfnoob: :ah:
and if you ant aware Ivan your 192k stream uing WMP doesnt work if you are using firefox

Hi guys. I got pointed to this thread by someone saying that AF.fm was trying to take credit for some ETN shows, and I can clearly see from the whole thread and show descriptions that that isn't the case, which is nice :) I've never heard anything but good things about Afterhours.fm, and I've never heard about them trying to recruit or steal DJs from other stations. For the record, Ivan from Sensegenerate has also always been cool. I just wanted to chip in real quick and help somebody out who obviously dosen't know the definition of the word "exclusive" (and possibly "syndicated").

In the online radio world, referring to a show as "exclusive" clearly means that you're the only station carrying the show, period. It does NOT mean "I'm the only one carrying it at this timeslot". I have read some of the show descriptions (like RVG's RAW show) and it clearly says in the show description that it's on other stations, and even lists those stations! most stations don't give that courtesy... ETN dosen't list all the other stations I share shows with because 1) I honestly don't know and 2) we don't have a suitable location for that. "Syndicated" refers to any show that is an identical show played on multiple stations. Sensegenerate.fm listed a few like Playground, RAW, Phased out Phriday... and I bet M.I.D.O.R., Mark Norman, Michael Splint's, and possibly a few others are shared also. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, as long as a station isn't trying to claim they're exclusive that's just bad form. I have had to change many show titles over the years from "exclusively on ETN.fm" to "live on ETN.fm" because I found out they've gotten the show on other stations.

when you say "where a show originated" consider this... there is always a first station that carried the show but the show originates from the DJ. many bigger/professional DJs have figured out the power of internet radio, and from their perspective it makes very little sense to only reach ONE station's audience, they want to reach the audience of MANY stations and reach as many people as possible. I and ETN consider the show to be the intellectual property of the ARTIST, not the station (the station owns the broadcast... it's complicated). Unless you're like, say DI which makes DJs sign exclusivity CONTRACTS then the artist should be free to shop his show around to as many stations as they want. This is of course assuming there's no money or contracts involved. But the internet is still a free market... just because a DJ left one station or went to an addition station.. well that's their perrogative isn't it?

This isn't just meant for the Afterhours.fm admins, though it might apply to someone (and I'm not saying it does), but to anybody who runs an internet radio: If you have a totally exclusive show, be proud as hell about it. If it's not, be proud you're a member of the syndication. Choose your words carefully and don't misrepresent yourself, the internet audience as a whole is very unforgiving :)

I've told Ari this many times, the internet is a HUGE place and I think there's plenty of room for all of us. Cheers to anyone who takes the time & effort to run a radio station, especially a not-for-profit one, for love of the music. You do a hell of a lot more good for the scene than any flaming forum trawler :)

^^ im glad there are some people that can speak without any sort of bias, some very goodpoint you brought up will.

Well, this happened exactly just as I suspected that it would. Dan never understood the fact that this argument was never over the performance of two stations.

This was totally over the performance of your station and my, in our conversation few days back you have mentioned as i quote

"[22:17] Ivan | SenseGenerate.FM - Check out Mainstream & Diversity Channels at www.sensegenerate.com!: I busted my ass to create a station for other to enjoy and then have people like you come and benefit from me?"
Thats very clear to me, it shows a false statement and at the same time jealousy.

When I spoke with Dan I simply wanted him to understand the face and the meaning of the word "syndicated" which apparenlty he does not. He claimed that just about all of the show on AH.fm were "exclusive". I begged to differ knowing that most of your guy's shows air on ETN or DI first since I have been in this scene along longer than Dan has.

I will agree you with you on one thing Ivan, that is the fact "yes" we have a few shows that are same "name" from previous radios that have aired it. For example Ronald Van Gelderen started I believe a show on ETN called R.A.W. well that show has been cancelled by Ronald and we agreed for him to plat here with carrying on the same name "R.A.W." I believe this show does play on another european station BUT its played here weekly and first before any station.

This is a similar case to a few other DJ's such as Macarius, Revel, Elucidate, and I might have forgotten others. But 90% of DJ's are exclusive shows I will name a few:

Aly & Fila
M.I.D.O.R
Tenthu
Hydroid
Hawk
Manuel Le Saux
Under Sun
Michael Splint
Blake Jarrell
XiJaro
Vision84
Nitrous Oxide
Pascal Bennung
Ilya Malyuev
Underwater
Eco
Total Digital Recordings ( agency )

Plus many many other djs, and they can post here to clarify that its ONLY for this station. So I ask you to go over my schedule http://www.AH.fm/schedule.htm and compare who plays where before you speak.

Just to give a prime example of some of the shows that I was telling about...

1. Danjo & Styles - Playground (not exclusive to AH, airs on ETN first)
2. Ronal Van Gelderen - RAW (not exclusive, airs on ETN first)
3. Sean Tyas - Phased out Friday (also airs on ETN first, then ah)
4. Elucidate - Deep In Vocal Euphoria (first on DI, then on SENSEGENERATE.FM, then ah)

Will explain in same order you did:
1. Danjo & Styles on ETN ( Playground every 1st Tuesday on the trance channel.) on AH.fm ( 1st Sunday every month ) so depending on which of these falls in first its played there first.
2. Ronald van Gelderen used to play on ETN before he cancelled his show there, he does play here now weekly.
3. Sean Tyas has a show on ETN "Frequently Friday" and a show here "phased out fridays" Phased out is exclusive to AH.FM.
4. Elucidate Plays on di.fm ( Tuesday ) then followed by on sensegenerate ( wednesday ) then AH.fm on ( Thursday ) .

My point is it may be plays on 100 radios as long as it gets played

These are some examples of some of the shows that Dan thinks are exclusive shows to AH. Now, I could make a full list of ALL the shows that Dan thinks are exclusive but are really syndicated but that's not exactly what i'm trying to say here.

Mentioned above about exclusive to AH.FM only

I've also saved the convesation I had with Dan on MSN where he said so many things that are untrue about AH.fm and I would be more than happy to post it all around the internet if i felt to be a huge *******.

I have exact same log ( hence we spoke ) and there is nothing in any way or shape of form said negative about any other radio or djs. On the otehr hand ivan ... I have logs of you calling AH.fm djs "babies" calling one specific DJ that has left your station very disturbing names ( log available )

Dan does not preserve the originality and give credit to those Djs that have been found at other stations. I could care less if any of my old residents were on AH.fm, which some they are such as Dj Eco, Paulo Der Munoz, Mark Ottiz....and these guys would not be around if it wasn't for SENSEGENERATE.FM where they started off.

I never knew where they were, DJ eco left ETN and joined AH thats all I know, as far as Paulo well you kicked him out due to a very stupid reason why I wont mention on here due to you might losing more DJ's ( Paulo can comment on this very well if youd like Ivan ) Mark Ottiz came to me for a spot and I offered it to him. So please dont put the quilt on me cause djs are leaving your station to join another one, ( Its djs choice what he chooses and where he chooses to play at, I dont steal ANYONE from ANYWHERE its DJ's own will to choose what he wants and what makes him most comfortable )

My last question to Dan is.....Where is your broadcast license? You had claimed that you were Incorporated and you had a broadcast license?! I do not see anything on the AH website that states you are legally authorized to broadcast audio on the internet, in other words you're not paying royalties.

Please look into Canada and its own streaming laws BEFORE you open your mouth. I still dont see how this is on topic "me trying to steal your djs or benefiting from your station"

Please have a look at the SenseGenerate.FM website and you will find a link to the SWCast Network (swcast.net) where we are legalized to stream audio content. SenseGenerate.FM has a 6,000 listener slot capacity including an up to 500kbps in and out connection both on audio and video.

Im really happy for you and I hope your station will be a great place to tune into.

I know that this will only start up more controversy but could care less because I'm seriously tired of supporting bedroom Djs that afterwards have to go and downgrade my station after all that we could have done.

DJ's speak for themselves mate, I do not make anything up, its how you treat them, they will treat you same way back.

P.S. Dan, I do not see links to any of the BIG labels and recording companies you mentioned about that are behing Afterhours. Where are they?

Thats your research :) you think AH would get this far by just me? your wrong, its a group effort.

Thank You for your time!

Sincerely,
Ivan
Owner & Founder
SenseGenerate.FM

Just to add to all this, what Ivan had to say still does not reflect anything about me trying to steal his DJ's, its more of a personal issue with DJ's leaving his radio and coming here. I have done nothing wrong to any Radio or any DJ. I just hope we could leave all this BS behind and move on with giving the best shows, highest quality possible so the community grows, DJ's get their names out and get the most promotion possible.

Just read Will ETN's post and will comment on it:

Let me start off by syaing Thank you for registering, I believe we have never spoken before, I added you to msn but you did not reply. Anyhow reading your post really shows how of a nice guy you are and just understanding. I would also like to say great job on ETN, I know how much work is involved and I really have alot of respect for you on what you created, you and ARI ( di.fm ). I could not agree with you more on what you have said, it does not matter where the shows air out, but the fact that they do and listeners enjoy the music. Keep up the great work mate, respect!!

I have build this radio station with one purpose and that is to have the biggest djs and amateur ones play great music, give them a nice "home" feeling and at the same time give all the listeners the freedom to listen to the great shows for free. This is not a business but more of a hobby due to the love for music of EDM, keep the scene running and growing.

So to Ivan, once again lets leave all your grief and jealousy behind and move on, try to provide the best for all DJ's and listeners. Its not easy work, but Im sure your a nice guy on the inside and want the best for the EDM scene. I just wanted to make things clear for everyone to know that AFTERHOURS.FM has done nothing bad to anyone and DJ's can speak and back AFTERHOURS.FM on that 100%.

cheers and let te music play ! :)
/me hands a beer to everyone reading this

Last edited:
There has been a discussion and rumor about us (AfterHours.FM) being thieves that take DJs from other particular EDM radio stations on the internet, such as SENSEGENERATE.FM. These assumptions are false and misguided. AfterHours.FM does not actively recruit DJ's from other stations in any matter. All afterhours.fm DJ's are here on their own free will.

Afterhours.FM is here to serve the EDM community. Afterhours.FM supports all DJ's & producers of the dance music scene and encourages DJ's & producers to make up their own mind, and excercise their best judgement when confronted with false statements and facts about this station

If you hear anything about Afterhours.FM that may concern you, or worries you - please PM a moderator or email info@afterhours.fm to discuss the matter further and for clarification on the issue.

Logs on False accusing acts are available

Afterhours Founder
Dan

this are commentaries from short mind people, don´t worry about it Dan, as you say in your short but very good post, this digital radio station is for everyone who wants to joint. (Producers, Dj´s and listeners...!

keep on my friend, The Force is with you...:)

If I hear that Ivan kid start stupidity for the most immature reason again, watch what I'm going to do. The guy thinks he can come here and cause problems off of jealousy, buddy, MISUNDERSTANDING WHAT? Stop trying to cause choas on a internet radio that has been growing faster then your Senses Garbage Gate radio. Get the **** out of here and don't come back, I'll ban you. People like you piss me off.

Last edited:
AND YES ALL OF THE SHOWS ARE EXCLUSIVE, WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Jesus Christ you're a waste of time, and yes I'm acting immature right now because you deserve attention. That's all you're trying to get right now, get the **** out of here man.

just to clear it up, I do 2 shows yea, Phased Out Phriday on AH.fm and Frequency Friday on etn. They are of course similar shows, the opening house is usually Ryan Tyas on each show, sometimes different. But each show has a differet show, though the tracks are of course going to coincide quite often. I wont play new tracks just because they are new, just basically playing what i play out.

But yea, as far as I know, as long as I never mixed and sets up, Both etn and AH both get unique sets from me, not to mention 95% of my guest mixes are all done unique to a station when they ask..

Was there a particular show in question?

Specific show "Phased out Fridays" was in question, Ivan said it airs out on ETN also, but once again he was wrong.

Thank You Sean for clearing it up :)

cheers mate and keep up the great work.

Nice to see that this finally coming to an end..seems that Ivan doesnt really know what he´s talking about..
And Tyas must say im a big fan of your work (no matter where its played =)
Later

Thanks Sean for clearing this bullshit up. Ivan, where are you now? Might as well throw your garbage mouth away to people who believe you. Do me a favour:

Don't come back
Leave us alone
Learn more about "misunderstanding"
Grow up
Never speak again

To add to what have been said, Dan never asked me to have Spiritual moment or future sound of Egypt on AH.FM , he only asked for a possibility of having a brand new show and exclusive for AH.FM and i think that clears things up ;)

:ah:

To add to what have been said, Dan never asked me to have Spiritual moment or future sound of Egypt on AH.FM , he only asked for a possibility of having a brand new show and exclusive for AH.FM and i think that clears things up ;)

:ah:

Thank you brother for kind words :) much respect

Isn't our goal to just spread the music we love to anyone who's interested in listening to it. Your audience will decide what they want to hear and the more music that is out there, the better.

That's my thoughts about this.

Don't worry about this Dan. I think you're doing the Dance Community good by getting so many quality shows on AH.FM

Back