AH.FM On Demand *feedback needed*

would you be interested in this service?

• don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wee, i don't need music on demand, either i can get it or i listen to stream(s) available.
And there are many streams in "our" world wide web!

i'm not being negative here Dan, just a bit real, i think there will not have enough "demand" to cover the expanses, i see nowadays people wants everything by free, if they want free they have the streaming radio already and it's not easy to run it.

I think you remember our conversation in Vienna, the most important is you first try to get a sponsor like google or coca-cola, like America on line sponsors ETN radio:wink:

its all about marketing... need to make donating desirable... creating it as a nice picture :smile:

for example would u donate $30 if u would get ah AH T-shirt and some AH Dj exclusive compilation cd in return? :wink: i would

i'm not being negative here Dan, just a bit real, i think there will not have enough "demand" to cover the expanses, i see nowadays people wants everything by free, if they want free they have the streaming radio already and it's not easy to run it.

I think you remember our conversation in Vienna, the most important is you first try to get a sponsor like google or coca-cola, like America on line sponsors ETN radio:wink:

its all about marketing... need to make donating desirable... creating it as a nice picture :smile:

for example would u donate $30 if u would get ah AH T-shirt and some AH Dj exclusive compilation cd in return? :wink: i would

I read some of the posts in the thread but not all of it...

I might be willing to pay a reasonable fee (instead of donating once a while) if I will have the chance to listen to the whatever set I want whenever. Because you can't always have time to listen to the live sets or catch the replays.

I will also have to agree with picolli though. I don't think there will be enough demand to cover the expenses. some of the djs already provide the DL link for their sets, and it is not really hard to find any other set online anyways (even though it is not really legal).

And as ToT said, with some marketing, you can get more donations/subscribtions for sure.. Prize draws, or free give aways... :ee:

You can compare the number of people who currently donate to the number of people who might probably subscribe for an on demand service..

What is the % of AH supporters right now for example?

I read some of the posts in the thread but not all of it...

I might be willing to pay a reasonable fee (instead of donating once a while) if I will have the chance to listen to the whatever set I want whenever. Because you can't always have time to listen to the live sets or catch the replays.

I will also have to agree with picolli though. I don't think there will be enough demand to cover the expenses. some of the djs already provide the DL link for their sets, and it is not really hard to find any other set online anyways (even though it is not really legal).

And as ToT said, with some marketing, you can get more donations/subscribtions for sure.. Prize draws, or free give aways... :ee:

You can compare the number of people who currently donate to the number of people who might probably subscribe for an on demand service..

What is the % of AH supporters right now for example?

Hello thanks for feedback, there is a difference on having supporters that support AH once and get a supporter status in forum and someone who is a supporter and does it each month "subscription based" costs to run AH or this on demand system are monthly based.

To be honest as a few of you already stated I see no point in openning up this service cause its not cost effective & i don't need anymore ahfm debt :)

hugs mate

Why don't you limit supporter status to one year after a donation?

Unless you are a monthly supporter like some of us are. :grinning:

Although, I have to sadly report that I will have to stop that for a little while, I think. I need that money for things that are not luxuries. :cry:

AH is the most luxurious thing in my life. God, I love AH. :love::love::love::love::cat:

Hello thanks for feedback, there is a difference on having supporters that support AH once and get a supporter status in forum and someone who is a supporter and does it each month "subscription based" costs to run AH or this on demand system are monthly based.

To be honest as a few of you already stated I see no point in openning up this service cause its not cost effective & i don't need anymore ahfm debt :)

hugs mate

(??)

So ... does that mean you WON'T be doing it? Oh crap. :(

Maybe when the world gets back on its feet again, people won't be so hesitant. :(

Mhhhmm

So is there a short overview what all the cost are for on demand system ?? Mean what costs the HDD, the server, the service, etc...

so maybe some like to spend money for the setup itself...f.e. one person will spend the HDD

cheers

* Now Listening : 614 ~ Replay Talla 2XLC - Airport Sessions 003 on AH.FM 06-02-

Hello everyone,

.. .. ..

So I would like to get some feedback from you guys on this, I created a poll. If you guys would be interested in this kind of feature and willing to subscribe with a monthly fee & what would be a reasonable fee a month. Reason why I would like to see feedback is I don't want to get a loan and get this whole thing running and have no one to be using it. So thank you for reading this long post, and I appreciate all the feedback.

:friends:

Hi Dan :cap:

You're considering monthly costs and hence mention monthly incomes - by a monthly fee. Once an investment is made, the costs have to be equalled by incomes within some period of time. For me, time is lacking. Time for listening : streaming audio < 'live', replay or 'on-demand' > as well as for re-hearing off-line downloaded stuff. When you're introducing an 'On Demand' feature, I cóuld and probably will make some use of the opportunity. By exception. But not on a regular basis. Not 'large scale'. Because of the height of any fee ? No. These days simply because I don't have the time. I don't have the time to listen more as I already do now. If I was you, I would be considering the costs - and be very careful before entering yet another financial obligation :hmmm:

Mhhhmm

So is there a short overview what all the cost are for on demand system ?? Mean what costs the HDD, the server, the service, etc...

so maybe some like to spend money for the setup itself...f.e. one person will spend the HDD

cheers

server: 350 euro
disks: 85 euro each 500GB each in raid
to get the application built: 250 euro
monthly cost for servers colocation + bandwidth: 200 euro

So basically 800euro to just start... Like others said its not worth it.

Hi Dan :cap:

You're considering monthly costs and hence mention monthly incomes - by a monthly fee. Once an investment is made, the costs have to be equalled by incomes within some period of time. For me, time is lacking. Time for listening : streaming audio < 'live', replay or 'on-demand' > as well as for re-hearing off-line downloaded stuff. When you're introducing an 'On Demand' feature, I cóuld and probably will make some use of the opportunity. By exception. But not on a regular basis. Not 'large scale'. Because of the height of any fee ? No. These days simply because I don't have the time. I don't have the time to listen more as I already do now. If I was you, I would be considering the costs - and be very careful before entering yet another financial obligation :hmmm:

Thank you danmark, I gave alot of though and I dont need another financial obligation.

This thread will be locked after the weekend, there is no point in pushing this forward when most people want something that costs money FREE.

Thank you all for your feedback it was very nice and interesting to see all opinions.

server: 350 euro
disks: 85 euro each 500GB each in raid
to get the application built: 250 euro
monthly cost for servers colocation + bandwidth: 200 euro

So basically 800euro to just start... Like others said its not worth it.

Thank you danmark, I gave alot of though and I dont need another financial obligation.

This thread will be locked after the weekend, there is no point in pushing this forward when most people want something that costs money FREE.

Thank you all for your feedback it was very nice and interesting to see all opinions.

exactly Dan, see, who donates to the radio, hardly will subscribe for the ondemand system, so or one or other, personally i prefer donate for the radio than for the ondemand system and i'm speaking for my self, i am a donator for the radio i hardly would subscribe for the ondemand system.

Dan. Tell your monthly donators what you told me. That you wouldn't be double-dipping.

For me personally, this is a crushing, disappointing defeat. I really wanted this to go through. Dan, we have to talk. There has to be another way that we can do this. I mean it. And you know that I do. You know how I am. (kiss, kiss, kiss) Fierce-:hug::cat:

DAN!!!

I wouldnt close so fast...its just a few days and its just the meanings of a few hardcore members on ah....

i would do the following...make a nice Newsletter out of it...ask via that newsletter about and talk about the service itself...try to make an cost overview for the single user and what he gets for it...

if THAT didnt work and ppl are not interested THEN you can say RIP On Demand

just a thought how it could work ;)

DAN!!!

I wouldnt close so fast...its just a few days and its just the meanings of a few hardcore members on ah....

i would do the following...make a nice Newsletter out of it...ask via that newsletter about and talk about the service itself...try to make an cost overview for the single user and what he gets for it...

if THAT didnt work and ppl are not interested THEN you can say RIP On Demand

just a thought how it could work ;)

good idea :iagree: :music:

DAN!!!

but aren't the "hardcore members" that we count on?

while the Newsletter idea is good, i know that some opt out of receiving it, plus lest say there's 20, 30 even 50 ppl that would say "yes, i will subscribe"..who's to say that they actually will do so when the system is up and running?

IMO more important is the feedback from those "hardcore members", they are here every day, and most are supporters already, i don't see how the opinion of those that never visit the forum can be of any influence or be relied upon

while the Newsletter idea is good, i know that some opt out of receiving it, plus lest say there's 20, 30 even 50 ppl that would say "yes, i will subscribe"..who's to say that they actually will do so when the system is up and running?

IMO more important is the feedback from those "hardcore members", they are here every day, and most are supporters already, i don't see how the opinion of those that never visit the forum can be of any influence or be relied upon

very good point :yes: :book:

good point

BUT

we have also about over 1000 listeners each day:wink: but they are not in forums:wink: so maybe there are more than the 150 hardcorers will using it

I got an idea which I think it is possible to be implemented, with NO COST really, assuming that download is legal and agreed by DJs.<o:p></o:p>
Instead of<o:p></o:p>

* paying for coding and designing new website<o:p></o:p>
*paying for servers, HDD etc...,<o:p></o:p>

Why not host it on one of the available and very reliable web servers?! BOOOO, nothing to pay for! if there is cost, I am sure it is nothing comparing setting up a full server. and it can be easily covered by donations.<o:p></o:p>
Some hosting websites are offering direct link to the files with the option to embed if necessary.<o:p></o:p>

What I mean by direct link, is that one-click will immediately start playing/downloading! Which is pretty much acting as ON DEMAND system

The embedding will give the ability to present it in AH STYLE.<o:p></o:p>
By creating dedicated thread for it, with a little bit of organizing, it will make it perfect.<o:p></o:p>

Definitely, I know that this involves a lot of work/time to upload sets to the web servers. To be honest, I find it necessary for the events ONLY (in the mix,...etc) to be organized and hosted for downloading! for the regular shows, I can live with links posted by Djs for each show, Or:<o:p></o:p>

Create another dedicated thread for regular show, make it very organized (only titles and links) and searchable by DJ name/show name, then it is up to the DJ if they want to share their sets or not, and you can make an action button like the Report
report.gif
button, so any member can hit this button if wants that particular set but link is not posted, this reports directly to the DJ that a number of listeners would like to download his/her set. Make it easier for to get the sets.

I have found the all 300 EOYC sets hosted this way.

:iagree:
any extra service should be considered part of AH attracting listeners and creating donations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back