AH.FM On Demand *feedback needed*

would you be interested in this service?

• don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You removed the AH.FM massive celebration 2nd year. Which is completely legal....doh :p

You removed the AH.FM massive celebration 2nd year. Which is completely legal....doh :p

There was something wrong with it. I have to recreate that file and a coupe of others. I don't know why it does that sometimes. It was okay for a long time and then suddenly it wasn't. Weird. :blink::cat:

Don't trackers have some kind of expiry date after someone doesn't download them for a while?

I'm not sure...I haven't worked with torrent uploads before..

Don't trackers have some kind of expiry date after someone doesn't download them for a while?

I'm not sure...I haven't worked with torrent uploads before..

We took that out the code :)

I think this On Demand service is pretty fair and simple.:smile: On Demand means upfront access for people who want more than free! Or in other words, they want something special.:wink: Meaning that its exclusive only to its users who subscribe to it. And its pretty obvious that with such a service is something that would be on subscription for a period of time. I think the best way to put it is, if you want something thats beyond Afterhours.FM! Then there is an option for everyone for at a price!:wink: Pretty much like you are VIP member or something! And as far as the subscription goes, a 3 month subscription period I think would be most appropriate. I figure 3 months because music gets released on a daily basis. So that means that if you want something thats upfront & on Demand music thats been released within the past 3 months. Of course, the service has every show within the past 12 months. So you could probably option the subscriptions anywhere from 1, 3 or 6 months varying on your budget.

Im just kind of throwing out some ideas!:smile:

Last edited:
I must say after read some posts.

First, i think thats its great idea. i'm not sure that i will subscribe to this but to get some great stuff for payment is great BUT!!!

DO NOT do it like on DI, get 96k for free and the rest : 128k, 196k for money.
maybe you can do 256k stream for payment...

about the price, i dont know... DAN, you should see whats going to be the costs and after you get it ask ppl if they would pay it. ppl saying that they will pay $10-$20, maybe its not enough, you MUST do calculate and see the costs!!!
i like this station and i dont want to see you lose your money for wrong pricing.

This isn't for streaming - this is for gettting a hold of sets after they have aired AFAIK

This isn't for streaming - this is for gettting a hold of sets after they have aired AFAIK

It's for streaming, too. You could stream any set and if you LOVED it, download it for your iPod and car. That was my understanding of the thing. :grinning::cat:

i meant for streaming regular sets at 196k for money, i sew posts about it and didnt like it.

BUT about streaming special set that you want to hear/DL, i think that its ok to get pay for that. i cant say that i will pay but i dont see any prob to take money.

hehehe

Hello everyone,

Many of you ask when is that on demand system coming, well I have some more news for you all and also i wanted some feedback from you :) First off a little about the on demand system, it will consist of 12 months of sets/special events/ that includes "in the mix" "dejavu" "ladies night" "eoyc" "yamc", that means you will be able to stream any set in last 12 months @ 192k. Also there is a chance of a "download" feature that might be available, Im in the process of getting more info from a lawyer in canada, if your wondering why canada? well thats where AH.FM is based out of.

So you're wondering "yayy that sounds very nice" you will be able to listen and download favorite shows onto your ipod, iphone etc... with all these nice things there comes the running costs, and startup costs to get this thing up and running. That includes paying for the person who will design and code the whole application, I have to buy a server with lots of data storage, royalty fees, and of course monthly bandwidth fees for the streaming and downloads. Also as always there is the extra costs that always come up, such as new hardware being replaced/upgraded.

So I would like to get some feedback from you guys on this, I created a poll. If you guys would be interested in this kind of feature and willing to subscribe with a monthly fee & what would be a reasonable fee a month. Reason why I would like to see feedback is I don't want to get a loan and get this whole thing running and have no one to be using it. So thank you for reading this long post, and I appreciate all the feedback.

:friends:

Thx!!! rs

i think that live sets should be inclusive in this project and have live shows from our locations at random intervals ... combined with the on demand ... that would be kickass

i'm up for that, i'll donate some cash, english £££££'s for your project, royalties are important for the existing and up & coming artists.
keep us informed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back