New AH Player + comment system

very easily just hit stop on the player .. and you can change threads etc no problem :)

A few questions

Where can I follow the current show? Having big trouble following what is playing.
Will the previous and next show tab come back? That was handy
Also the login window when not logged in is hanging partially in the forum.

but I guess that is being fixed :wink:

very easily just hit stop on the player .. and you can change threads etc no problem :)

Suppose I restart my browser with 50 ah.fm tabs open? That's 50 times I have to hit stop.

Last edited:
for commenting on new player you need to go to https://disqus.com/ register there using twitter facebook and later use disqus username or email name on www.ah.fm/player via disqus option

Re-

First, positive remark : good looking, moden feel new website/player

* I hate this autoplay ... been jumping on my chair more than 2 times at work today because the sound was sooo loud in my headset. (Don't worry, I hate all autoplay on all site as much :) )
Couldn't you just set the autoplay on pause ? or ask the user and store the setting locally ?
* using Disqu is just a no-go for me. One more site to register one, with either again new credentials, or the same as before (ie more spam/...)
Using my AH.fm credentials was just great imho.
* suppose I want to check last month Daniel Kandi's comments ... it's not easy atm.
* using such a tiny bit of screen width is just sad. On my work 15" laptop, the new site uses ~50% of the screen estate :(

Thank Dan & all for the good work anyway, and the will to have a better ah.fm site :)

Cheers,
T_g

Re-

First, positive remark : good looking, moden feel new website/player

* I hate this autoplay ... been jumping on my chair more than 2 times at work today because the sound was sooo loud in my headset. (Don't worry, I hate all autoplay on all site as much :) )
Couldn't you just set the autoplay on pause ? or ask the user and store the setting locally ?
* using Disqu is just a no-go for me. One more site to register one, with either again new credentials, or the same as before (ie more spam/...)
Using my AH.fm credentials was just great imho.
* suppose I want to check last month Daniel Kandi's comments ... it's not easy atm.
* using such a tiny bit of screen width is just sad. On my work 15" laptop, the new site uses ~50% of the screen estate :(

Thank Dan & all for the good work anyway, and the will to have a better ah.fm site :)

Cheers,
T_g

thanks for feedback.. as were adding in vol bar ill ask the dev to remove auto play ..

archive search feature is also coming ... forums are for old time hardcore people :) new users dont like forums they like to have some easy way to comment using their facebook account or twitter...

And where is the choice?

I have always chosen not to have Facebook nor twitter or any other type of that ##

And where is the choice?

I have always chosen not to have Facebook nor twitter or any other type of that ##

If I might say:) you don't have to join Facebook or twitter to leave comments. You can simply open an account with Disqus and then leave comments in the comments section in the player section. The color scheme is unattractive and there are no emoticons, but at least you can leave your comments there if you want too. Personally I'm against this radical change. I loved the forum system from the day I first joined and I'm unable to see any real reason why the change has been made. Only a select amount of people ever used the forums anyway apart end of year countdowns and special events. But it was always a fun experience. And I personally will miss posting in the forums very much.:friends:

Last edited:
Good Idea Dan,. prob mean more listeners as those with media player problems can tune in.

(I still prefer listening through the player though.... prob through force of habit)

Been offline for 2 weeks following PC upgrade - glad to see the forum is still here in the format Im used to haha

Sorry but I cannot get the hang of this. I want to listen and see the tracklist and download the best for later relistening. Like Mark Sherry just now - came in on the tail end, but by the time I found how to work the new system it was on the next DJ. I found one comment - no tracklist yet! I usually leave the page open and when the tracklist and download link comes I can save the list and download. BTW I listen using Rhythmbox in Linux and see the forum in Firefox. I dislike Facebook though I use it for a couple of special groups and do not use Twitter. I love ah.fm and listen when I can - some of the music is outstanding and so very enjoyable.

so Dan that means we can't comment the show in live sets in the forum anymore? so the fun is over i imagine the EOYC without a thread in the forum to follow it, but ok change is a change we need to get used to it.

If I might say:) you don't have to join Facebook or twitter to leave comments. You can simply open an account with Disqus and then leave comments in the comments section in the player section. The color scheme is unattractive and there are no emoticons, but at least you can leave your comments there if you want too. Personally I'm against this radical change. I loved the forum system from the day I first joined and I'm unable to see any real reason why the change has been made. Only a select amount of people ever used the forums anyway apart end of year countdowns and special events. But it was always a fun experience. And I personally will miss posting in the forums very much.:friends:

I agree with that the interaction between the members is more personalized and i met in the past several members personally thanks to the AH forum but now with this new system is more cold and empty and not so personal.

But in another way i understand why the move, because in the forum moderators is needed and that is a huge time consuming to someone try to moderate a live thread and keep it clean from spam and hackers attack and maybe some moderators doesn't have time anymore in theirs lives to be in the forums. So the move is understandable.

Last edited:
It' just a stupid new Liveset thread posting system. :spank::wall:
I don't want everybody to see who I am on facebook! :thumbsdown:
AH seems to WAS the best radio station + forum for me... :mask:

Goodbye forum
wavecry.gif

Last edited:
It' just a stupid new Liveset thread posting system. :spank::wall:
I don't want everybody to see who I am on facebook! :thumbsdown:
AH seems to WAS the best radio station + forum for me... :mask:

Goodbye forum :wavecry:

How will people know who you are on twitter or facebook? you just creating a login on disqus nothing is displayed who you are ...

modding a forum is very time consuming, many users dont wanna use forums ... on their mobile, tablets etc .. that is why a easy system had to be created so users can easily fast comment using any device ... forums are really out dated .. its for hardcore users .. we will have the forum as we have been just shows are now going to be on player ...

Yes were all used to the forums its been 8 years now .. but i think it was time for change, broaden us up little bit... many new features will come to the player.. its still in early stages...

New website will also go up, we all will have a nice news sections, dj profiles, info and much more .. we believe the change is needed and will make our lifes and way of communicating much easier...

As for special events and EOYC it will be also on the player, also with new player the spam level is cut down by 90% ...

So please understand this was not created to make anyone mad at us, but to make things easier and more vibrant.

MMM, this needs a lot of improvement. i dont want to play it automatic!, and its hard to skip to other shows for TL and comments.
Dont know if this flasy thing is gonna work for me!

Back