PC vs Mac...which shall I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudes, I bought an iMac a year ago and i think it rocks! It operates so much better than PC. Although, PC specs are better for the same price, iMacs work just as well as the top spec PCs... How this is done...i don't know.... iMacs are so worth the money... My mate told me, before i bought mine, once you get a Mac, you will neber go back! 100% correct!

That's just my 5 cents....

Mac or PC is really a personal choice and Macs are great being that they are fairly maintenance free since apple doesn't let you keep your warranty if you mess with the system yourself to save money. I personally like PCs simply because I'm comfortable with them and I'm used to building my own.

I did consider using apple for a very long time because of programs like Logic and garage band but after looking around a little more i found other programs that I like just as much such as Ableton live. I also like the ability to upgrade when i feel the need instead of having to go either buy a new system or see if i can send my existing system back for upgrades to be plugged into slots for an added fee on top of the parts cost.

Bottom line if you are buying the system for specific mac only options head to a store and see if they have places to demo the software you're looking for. Also check around online and see if you can find other programs you like just as much that may only be for PC, and of course if a free demo or trial is offered check into it. If you still feel that the mac software is more then sufficient for your needs then you're all set.

Keep in mind that Using a mac you can dual boot windows so if you have some mac only software, and some PC only software, and aren't really comfortable with computers that might be the way to go since when it comes time for maintenance, upgrading or even building it for the first time you may need to either pay someone to do it or figure it out on your own.

If you feel like using a PC but still feel like some of the programs offered by apple for mac only are the better way to go then you might have some problems unless you feel very comfortable working on and modifying PCs to make yourself a hackintosh or have deep pockets to have both a PC and mac.

Last edited:
Mac or PC is really a personal choice and Macs are great being that they are fairly maintenance free since apple doesn't let you keep your warranty if you mess with the system yourself to save money. I personally like PCs simply because I'm comfortable with them and I'm used to building my own.

I did consider using apple for a very long time because of programs like Logic and garage band but after looking around a little more i found other programs that I like just as much such as Ableton live. I also like the ability to upgrade when i feel the need instead of having to go either buy a new system or see if i can send my existing system back for upgrades to be plugged into slots for an added fee on top of the parts cost.

Bottom line if you are buying the system for specific mac only options head to a store and see if they have places to demo the software you're looking for. Also check around online and see if you can find other programs you like just as much that may only be for PC, and of course if a free demo or trial is offered check into it. If you still feel that the mac software is more then sufficient for your needs then you're all set.

Keep in mind that Using a mac you can dual boot windows so if you have some mac only software, and some PC only software, and aren't really comfortable with computers that might be the way to go since when it comes time for maintenance, upgrading or even building it for the first time you may need to either pay someone to do it or figure it out on your own.

If you feel like using a PC but still feel like some of the programs offered by apple for mac only are the better way to go then you might have some problems unless you feel very comfortable working on and modifying PCs to make yourself a hackintosh or have deep pockets to have both a PC and mac.

VERY WELL SAID! :)

as far as i remember, hackintosh only works on intel based architectures, so if you buy, buy an intel cpu system just incase u deside to play with the oses.

im a 100% linux user, so personally id say your better off with macs, if u want stability and the works, and it seems most needed apps are available for macs too :) also u can dual boot with mac, and the set up is super easy from what i heard.

and macs are sleek and sexy ;-) ofc the stability is what is most impressive.

for some decent specks today, id say about 3-4gb ram, and a core2duo with a 3mb l2 cache.

personal peference, but i usually love to work in the dark, so i made sure i got my self one of those lappies that have backlit keyboards, to i can work in pitch darkness :), also a led back lit screen gives u more vibrant colour display.

but also look at the warentee and stuff, who has more years.

dells are strong pcs, unlikely to just stop working, macs idk, but if u have warentee that shoulnt concern you much in your decision making (most of the 'just stoped working' usually happens in the warentee period).

ive heard bad thing about hp, quite a number actually, but, ah like i said, if u have warentee, that should comfort u a lil.

for me when i was choosing it was dell xps or mac book, but i finally chose xps, as i got more specks for MUCH LESS.

i came with vista, and in like 4 days it crashed and blue/red screens...ahh i got rid of vista and put on debian, soo much happier now...:) and if i desperatly need to use a windows app, i simulate windows in debian one desktop two.

if u have any questions or want to know somthing else, ill try explain to the best of my knoledge :)

I´m working with Apple Macintosh for over 10 years or so , I´ve never changed to PC.

I love my Mac :)

But...... go to an Apple shop or a Media Markt ( which have Macs too ) and try it :)

The best: MacOSX10 with Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back