TrancePodium 9th Year Anniversary on AH.FM 29-10-2015

What do you think of this show?

• Total voters
Great set by Menno De Jong :bow:
Now it's time for Mr.Simon Patterson :devil: :mml: :devil:

Hm thinking about Simon's sets. Has both psy & techno influences. I may have been completely talking out of my ass. Sorry s3baman. Must think more about this.

Hm thinking about Simon's sets. Has both psy & techno influences. I may have been completely talking out of my ass. Sorry s3baman. Must think more about this.

Simon, the DJ, is known for blending styles though - especially in extended sets.

The "Psy" genres have always been more about a mood and soundscapes than style cues to me. The mood tends to be a bit more fierce and in the face in the Psy based genres. It also tends to be riddled with snappy effects and chopped vocals. There sometimes is an element of heavy low-end bass groove, but they tend to be much faster than most genres.

Tech-Trance goes back to the earlier years of Leon Bolier's popularity, or further still, Marcel Woods and Marco V. There is a resurgence in this style recently - the bass line grooves tend to be very distinctive in Tech-Trance. However, the top parts tend to use House and Trance elements much more than "Psy" genres do.

Someone dare to define "progressive"?

"Progressive" in what sense? Progressive House has always been the domain of people like Darin Epsilon, Nathan Tate, the whole Border Community crew, and people like Remy & Roland Klinkenberg back in the day. Or if you like - a lost of Solarstone's first section ("Progressive Selection") in his radio show, or the Electronic Architecture series helps call out the genre.

Mainstage music =/= Progressive House. Most of it is just a variation of House with heavier bass lines and Trance synth leads structured in a House track format.

If you mean Progressive-Psy... well.. I'm no expert lol.

Simon, the DJ, is known for blending styles though - especially in extended sets.

The "Psy" genres have always been more about a mood and soundscapes than style cues to me. The mood tends to be a bit more fierce and in the face in the Psy based genres. It also tends to be riddled with snappy effects and chopped vocals. There sometimes is an element of heavy low-end bass groove, but they tend to be much faster than most genres.

Tech-Trance goes back to the earlier years of Leon Bolier's popularity, or further still, Marcel Woods and Marco V. There is a resurgence in this style recently - the bass line grooves tend to be very distinctive in Tech-Trance. However, the top parts tend to use House and Trance elements much more than "Psy" genres do.
Thanks. Few things I could ask about & maybe pick at, but I will stick to talking about what I know most, regular & euphoric trance.

Except: yes psy & goa are significantly faster than the other subgenres. Wiki says goa is "trippier" than psy. I would think trippy is slang for psychedelic. Ha, then what is psy trance?

"Progressive" in what sense? Progressive House has always been the domain of people like Darin Epsilon, Nathan Tate, the whole Border Community crew, and people like Remy & Roland Klinkenberg back in the day. Or if you like - a lost of Solarstone's first section ("Progressive Selection") in his radio show, or the Electronic Architecture series helps call out the genre.

Mainstage music =/= Progressive House. Most of it is just a variation of House with heavier bass lines and Trance synth leads structured in a House track format.

If you mean Progressive-Psy... well.. I'm no expert lol.
I mean the word itself relating to music. What is "progressing"?

Back