Who's job is harder? DJ's or Producer's

Whats harder to do?

• DJing

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Producing

Votes: 89 90.8%

• Total voters
producing is harder , as u have to come up with something new and different all the time , to sooth the masses

Both are done out of the love for music, but producing is much harder indeed. I just started producing (read attempting :lolz:) few months ago. All I can say is wow!! respect for the producers sometimes creating such beauties!

DJing is like doing the dishes.. but instead your doing the discs.. :D
Producing is like a forever long search for the perfect sounding synth, then it takes another forever to build a lead that is both never-heard before and groundbreaking, but when it all comes down to it: both are not hard if you love what you do. If you see it as a job then try a real job where you for example have to be on a phone all day or build some heavy buildings, or taking care of older people. Well, it can also depend on your personality, if you can take much responsibility you can deal with both having a job and doing some music while running the the clubs with the latest bought music. If that is your passion.

Much Love // Aurastream

In my opinion, producing is harder. It requires knowledge, inspiration and a lot of free time. Producing cannot be learnt, it's like an impulse, or this is how I find it... while DJ-ing can be learnt and improved over the time.

When I see a Producer that goes slowly for the commercial music... I know that his inspiration just got over, or is about to end soon. From that moment on... he just stops creating good music. (I'm talking about trance music/producers here).
Anyway, this is just my opinion.

I am trying to do both, and Production is a million times more difficult. At least for me

Having done both (to an extent) I have found producing to be faaaaaar more work. I base that on the fact that I was drunk during the entirety of my DJ training, which was really just hanging out with mates on the weekend playing music which lead to unpaid club gigs. Learning to produce however has been a long and expensive ride involving Ableton, piano and music theory classes for over a year (still going) and practice every day. Very very enjoyable however and I recommend for anyone with the time and patience.

Back