Why did you start listen to trance?

I started listening to Trance not so long ago. My first Trance-album was imagine from armin v. b. and i was fascinated by the music in general, the feeling it delivers. But I also like the rythms and beats of trance, its very important for me that you can dance. Some time later I was recommended Afterhours.fm and since then Im listening to AH.FM as often as possible.....

I started listening to Trance not so long ago. My first Trance-album was imagine from armin v. b. and i was fascinated by the music in general, the feeling it delivers. But I also like the rythms and beats of trance, its very important for me that you can dance. Some time later I was recommended Afterhours.fm and since then Im listening to AH.FM as often as possible.....

hopefully we see you at Purity of sound event in austria dec 5th :)

Yeah, I think I`ll be there, its not too far away..
It would be an honor to be part of the first ah.fm event in austria :)

Unexplainable sensations of insatiable euphoria.

'nuff said

I think it was back in ~2000 that I was on a game called Starcraft [some of you may have heard of it] anyhu at that time I was ranked 7th on the ladder in the UK out of 10,000 + I had a friend who also played ranked at 10th. One night we were playing along as you do on VoIP [a program called Roger Wilco, dunno if anyone knows it] and he says he had to go out for a while but to save me getting lonely he stuck on some tunes.

He told me they were 'Digitally Imported', which at the time I thought he meant they came from other countries and were physically copies he had in his room. Did a bit of digging and came up with DI.FM :)

First track I ever listened to...probably Rank 1 feat shanokee - Symsonic ever since then its been on my mp3. I listen to trance for the pure energy or in other moments for the individuals emotions and thoughts relating to a tune or piece of euphorics. Nothing quite like it!

Tried to get my ex into EDM but she would always stick to screamo or metal :(

Last edited:
I'm fairly new to the scene. I started working with a charity that is closely connected with Trance music because of the DJs that are ambassadors for Dance4Life. Now I'm hooked but always on the look out for DJs I haven't heard of, anyone you can recommend I listen to?

I'm fairly new to the scene. I started working with a charity that is closely connected with Trance music because of the DJs that are ambassadors for Dance4Life. Now I'm hooked but always on the look out for DJs I haven't heard of, anyone you can recommend I listen to?
just stay tuned on here, you'll come across lots of DJs you will like :)

Tried to get my ex into EDM but she would always stick to screamo or metal :(

Ah screamo and metal. I've got LOADS of friends crazed on that. They complained that trance had no vocals..well most of it.

Screamo doesn't have vocals either.

I really like the storys here and how the thread develops :)

I also miss those tracks where you stand on the dancfloor and you are absolutely powerless against this awesome energy :super:

Hopefully i meet many of u @ Purity of Sound :super::drunk:

:thankyou: all for helping the community grow!

edit: i freakin' love those smilies ;)

Last edited:
My answer is simple to this question, I didn't find more magic sort of music than Trance, and which expresses so many emotions

Somebody has said sometime:
Music grows from affection but can't substitute them

Trance for me appeared in the late 90s.

Having not listened seriously to music for several years. One day my wife had the radio on and I remember in passing hearing a certain sound, a melody, beat, synth sound I hadn't heared before but it struck an immediate cord in me.

Suddenly I wanted to know what this music was. I went to record shops and checked out different genres of dance in hope of finding something the same as what I heared on the radio.

I didn't know if it was drum and bass or techno or what. I was really out of touch with the scene. But then one friday night I tuned into Pete Tong's Essential Selection show on Radio One uk. And suddenly I had found the music. It was trance. And I was hooked.

I began also listening to Danny Rampling and Judge Jules also on Radio One. And basically ive been hooked on trance eversince. The haunting melodies, the big synth sounds, and beautiful breakdowns and amazing female vocals of trance are now locked in my heart for always.

I know vocals in trance are not everybodies cup of tea. But for me they are an essential part of the genre and must never be lost. Nothing enhances the sound of a trance tune more for me than the sound of a beautiful female voice blending with the melodies.

oh well here is my story :

i was always into music generally and not into a spesific genre!i guess its my mother fault because she always turned on the radio even before i was even born that affect me i guess hehe!

anyway as a child i grow up with different genres such as pop,classic rock,new age,dance and greek music - believe it or not!I never had a problem listening to music generally but i always wanted to stick into ONE and only ONE genre!I guess i wanted to have my own identify style!

Anyway at 2002 i heard a track somewhere in irc and since i like it i asked from people there to suggest me more of this music!So the first trance song i head was Lethal Industry and i was hooked!I went online and search more and more and i guess one brings the other right?My first ever cd was the double version of In my memory - i still have it untouch from scratches aww - and my first part was at 2003 with Tiesto so..

Many years pass we are in 2008 now going to 2009 in less of one months and i am into EDM the last 6 years!Bought more and more cds went to more parties visited lost of countries saw more DJS and ofcource i met new people who has the the same taste of music!

I still cant believe how much fast these 6 years passed!I just look back sometimes and i think how much i changed how much i grow up in a way but i still have the same enthousiam with EDM and only EDM - oh well beside one name ofcource :blush:

But i cant really say i have forgot the past and the other genres i used to listen for example i always going to a nice cafes with rock music or to a spesific irish pub,i cant say no when bands like scorpions or linkin park or depeche mode is coming here and i cant denay to a night with classical rock ballads!

so thats my story :smile1:

I really like this topic :)

I have to say that I listen trance & progressive 90 % of my time, and it's maybe 5 or 6 hours a day minimum... My other favourite kind of music (5%), I listen to screamo or post hardcore ^^ because there is a lot of emotions into their shout and their guitar' riff so bands like Eyes Set To Kill, Dead Poetic, Underoath, Emery, Silverstein, Story Of The Year or Finch, I really like too. Other 5 % are some other kinds like Massive Attack, Prodigy, Faithless, some hardstyle sometimes when I'm bored at 3 am ^^ I'm really open mind, but trance is the music that make an effect I can't describe, it's just beautiful, energic and relaxing at same time and I think I'll never be bored of that.
2 years ago, I discovered trance and now I'm into it like the first day or no... I'm more into it day after day :)

Well, good topic and now i share my xperiences

To put it in a nutshell: since i've discovered it, i love it!!!
Why? the bass, the beats and the melody.. ehh? :)
Ye, frankly, the bass, the vocals, the chill-feeling..all of you know this.. :)

Of course i remember the great eurodance era in the 90's..my favors were 2Unlimited and Scooter.. Dj Bobo, Dr Alban, Mr President, lolll :) Dance, rave, and kinda trance were mixed that time.. and after about in 1998..ATB and Brooklyn Bounce..oh yesss :p

I "discovered" (or heard) trance (which was really trance and not simply dance) at the end of 2001 but let's say the beginning was the summer of 2002. End of my studies and from september i moved to a dormitory far away from home and one of my room-mate always listened to Tiesto :) ..sometimes Kai Tracid and of course dance stuffs (for ex. Dj's@Work, Rocco, Dream Dance 'n Club Rotation albums etc.).

I borrowed some musix and step by step i knew some really big names from trance scene like AvB (oh yes, Blue fear -my evergreen favourite by Armin, and of course Communication ), Paul van Dyk, Corsten, Blank n Jones (but it was familiar earlier -i remember the videoclip of Desire from 2002) later Oakey, Jon O'Bir, Fred Baker, Agnelli n Nelson, Thrillseekers, Lange, Airwave and sooooo on..

My 1st trance party was in 2003 in Hungary, when Blank n Jones and Agnelli n Nelson played, but my bud' and me were really drunk (damn, 38 celsius degree and it was open air...and our jagermeister.. :LMAO:) , i haven't so much memories from the party.. so after i promised myself i dont drink so much during a trance party.. red bullz and waters are enough for me. and in 2004, my 1st Tiesto party..and soooo on.. but it's another story.. :)

Anyway i've some original rock and pop albums.. and in this year i went to an Iron Maiden gig in Budapest.. i wore my iron maiden t-shirt of course.. :whistle:
And sometimes i listen to some drum n bass, goa, minimal, psy-gears, techno or just relaxing musix.

From about 2005 i listen to trance n prog music almost every day..my daily dose..
Ye, i need it... :)

Last edited:
Everything started when I was 13 years old. First thing about the music was the radio it self. I couldn't stop listnening to all that different types of music... Then the music with faster rhythms and drums started to attract me.

I think the first performer I was addicted to was scooter and ATB (I still know some songs directly from my had ;)) Then after time, house, dance and trance become my daily dose of music.

That was so long untill I went to a concert from Tiesto at Ambasada Gavioli in Slovenia. All that croud, music, lights, rhythms, noise etc...it was unbelievable. Since then trance is the music I really can't live without it.

I have to say that I can't imagine life without music...anywhere I came - in the house, car...first thing is to turn on the music...why trance? Because it is the best way to hear, fell and enjoy the music it self!

Trance is like air...you yust need it! ;)

good answer.

unfortunately many tracks and sets don't bring any energy these days. recently i was pointed to an article in an online magazine in which a well-known producer and DJ writes (excerpt from a longer article):

[quote from article]
which is quite true i think. (and he's isn't talking about SvD-style "buildups", btw)
That's true, but if you mix the home-listening uplift with the crazy club bangers..you get some amazing trance..amirite or amirite?

That's true, but if you mix the home-listening uplift with the crazy club bangers..you get some amazing trance..amirite or amirite?

Great uplift with great trance fans, what a party you'll make :p :super::super::super:

I used to listen rap , hip-hop before 2000 and i listened goa trance too, but after year 2000 rap and stuff like that gone to shit , so i am lstening only trance now cause it makes me feel very nice and strong :D
I like vocal trance very much but i have no problem with some artists from the new scene like electro house etc...

:super::super::super:Was a hiphop dj and producer.. always wanted a faster harder type of genre.one day i played sandstorm at a club and my friend came up to me and told me i should listen to this 'tyas' guy then i heard my first trance song 'LIFT'. and have been hooked ever since! now the only thing i dj is trance and the only thing i remix is trance ..in the matter of 3 years!!:super::super::super:

Because it's the best music in the world ;) I feel like I've listened to trance my whole life :) But seriously I don't even know why. It was probably the impact of tracks like For An Angel and Urban Train. But my real love to trance, i think, came when I watched a movie called "51st state" and I heard "Synaesthesia" :)

Back