Server Upgrade

So over the next few days / weeks you might see small slowdowns on the forum and some changes... most visible will be the next5 last5... that system is really old and will be removed.

So is there any way to see what's going to play next? (the calendar doesn't count)

Last edited:
So is there any way to see what's going to play next? That feature was my main reason for using the site at all. :(

Yes we will have next on air next show but not next 5...

Amazing job Dan :grinning:

So that's why currently played, previous and upcoming sets are missing from the main page. I started to flip out a little. ;) Good luck with that upgrade, hope it goes smoothly and without any "adventures".

So, you got rid of next 5/ last 5. Since December 2007 when I first came here it has worked perfectly well for me. It tells me what has been and what is to come or if there is a change of plan or a replay. Now it’s gone. Never coming back? Leaving me currently with what? LiveSets, which tells me the current set and that’s it. At least I know where to find that link. But others, especially newcomers will not be so well informed. People like to have what’s happening or happened right in front of their eyes, not to have to go searching around for it. In my opinion it’s a poor move getting rid of useful information such as next 5/last5. <o:p></o:p>

So, you got rid of next 5/ last 5. Since December 2007 when I first came here it has worked perfectly well for me. It tells me what has been and what is to come or if there is a change of plan or a replay. Now it’s gone. Never coming back? Leaving me currently with what? LiveSets, which tells me the current set and that’s it. At least I know where to find that link. But others, especially newcomers will not be so well informed. People like to have what’s happening or happened right in front of their eyes, not to have to go searching around for it. In my opinion it’s a poor move getting rid of useful information such as next 5/last5. <o:p></o:p>

yeah i told Dan about that, now i read your post i'm thinking what do we gonna have for today? I said to Dan at least put "Playing Now" and "Playing Next" in a more visible way.

I totally agree that removing something this useful is a mistake.... quite a huge one. I never ever experienced any problems with that script. Worked like a charm every time.

I totally agree that removing something this useful is a mistake.... quite a huge one. I never ever experienced any problems with that script. Worked like a charm every time.

Yes I agree it was useful, but also it was old (6 years old) in these years lots of have changes, technology changes etc...

I never said it is all gone for ever, new banner is being created, ON AIR and Next On Air will be implemented...

Yes I agree it was useful, but also it was old (6 years old) in these years lots of have changes, technology changes etc...

I never said it is all gone for ever, new banner is being created, ON AIR and Next On Air will be implemented...

in mean time as i type the "Now Playing" is blank, don't know if is me or not i do refresh and still blank, just to let you know Dan, i like to help :)

LOL now it appears

I fail to understand how this is important. Sun is also old and it works pretty well so far :D Am I missing a bigger picture here Dan? :)

I fail to understand how this is important. Sun is also old and it works pretty well so far :D Am I missing a bigger picture here Dan? :)

Some old code does not work with new code and is deprecated with new server, also I think having ON AIR and Next on AIR will be sufficient... no need for NEXT5 or next30 :)

Like i said bare with us for next 1-2 weeks till new banner is done... so next on air and on air now will be visible on all pages of the forum and not only on main page. I still did not move the server to the new one... doing it all very carefully step at a time :p

Some old code does not work with new code and is deprecated with new server, also I think having ON AIR and Next on AIR will be sufficient... no need for NEXT5 or next30 :)

another idea Dan i don't know if this can put in practice is putting the shows for "the day" like you do on facebook, a list of the show for the day, but i believe in facebook is automatic? maybe here can't be automatic and will cause a lot of work

OK fair point, old code which doesn't get along nicely with new one. Got it. However I still can't understand why You don't wanna make all new with new code. What's wrong with having next 5 shows? Da hell with 5 next, the more important thing is 5 previous! I'm listening to the radio even on smartphone and I don't always check what is palying currently but I remember the time so I can check it later. Please don't tell me You are getting rid of this too.

EDIT: 500th post celebration! :rave::beer2::bike:

in mean time as i type the "Now Playing" is blank, don't know if is me or not i do refresh and still blank, just to let you know Dan, i like to help :)

LOL now it appears

fixed thanks

OK fair point, old code which doesn't get along nicely with new one. Got it. However I still can't understand why You don't wanna make all new with new code. What's wrong with having next 5 shows? Da hell with 5 next, the more important thing is 5 previous! I'm listening to the radio even on smartphone and I don't always check what is palying currently but I remember the time so I can check it later. Please don't tell me You are getting rid of this too.

If you like something you hear you can see whats playing ... we have a schedule on mobile for whole month its all there... we see no point in having next5 last 5 on main page of the site ... were redoing many things... id rather use that space for upcoming special live broadcasts, or special events or contests... sorry but Next on AIR and on air now is enough.

btw Dan the AH.FM app for iphone works on the iOS 7? i didn't update yet i will wait some weeks before going to that.

btw Dan the AH.FM app for iphone works on the iOS 7? i didn't update yet i will wait some weeks before going to that.

hey mate, were rebuilding both android and iphone app.. but the the in the market should work no problem.

Back