Poll: What do Listeners want to hear more?

Hear more of??

• Dj Live sets @ Afterhours.fm

Votes: 216 46.9%
  • Fresh Singles

Votes: 41 8.9%
  • 50 / 50 singles and live sets

Votes: 204 44.3%

• Total voters
I principally want to hear as much uplifting trance as possible. I don't want to hear sets that mix up prog and uplift because if it starts off prog then i'm thinking oh it must be a prog set so I might leave this set. Imo the mixing up of the two genres is a mess and for me very irritating.

And ofcause it makes voting at the end more difficult because if i'm voting say massive then it gives the impression that I loved the entire set which if it contained prog parts would most likely not be the case.

To make an example on a recent Majai set they started playing prog and I commented in the thread it was not my style. But the second half of the set was uplift which I commented in the thread was massive. Majai were not particularly excited by me saying the prog was not my style because they like to play both styles together. So you see the confusion going on. I only enjoyed half the set so how do I vote, Not My Style or Massive? You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
Humm.. I understand you Sunny.. yes, but like Majai I also try to begin progressive and finish up with some uplifting Trance.
It's great how you can build a progression in a DJ set. It would be easier just play 2 hours with tracks that have the same bpm... so I understand u but... that's just the way most part of DJs do, specially the top DJs.

Humm.. I understand you Sunny.. yes, but like Majai I also try to begin progressive and finish up with some uplifting Trance.
It's great how you can build a progression in a DJ set. It would be easier just play 2 hours with tracks that have the same bpm... so I understand u but... that's just the way most part of DJs do, specially the top DJs.

Hello anbrok:hug:Thanks for answering my post:grinning:. The point i'm trying to make is if say I give a massive vote to a set that I only partly enjoyed then that gives a distorted impression to the dj that I enjoyed the entire set which may not be the case. I'm not against prog. I enjoy some of it. But some I definately don't. We are encouraged to vote at the end of a set and I think the djs appreciate the feedback from it but making a descision when the set is split down the middle is not so easy. But anyway, that's my feeling:smile1:.

I love the idea of sets on the top of the hour, so we can tune in when we know it'll start. great for those obsessed with scheduling, too (like me). I don't want you to get rid of the big dj's, though. There's a reason they're big. They're good. I've tried to get my friends to listen, and it's easy when I can say stuff like, "Armin Van Buren is on it." Not so easy when there's no one they can identify with. I think to grow listeners, you need to keep the heavyweights on. Of course, I love hearing the freshest stuff, too. :) Just, don't throw out the big names - they're important.

I love the idea of sets on the top of the hour, so we can tune in when we know it'll start. great for those obsessed with scheduling, too (like me). I don't want you to get rid of the big dj's, though. There's a reason they're big. They're good. I've tried to get my friends to listen, and it's easy when I can say stuff like, "Armin Van Buren is on it." Not so easy when there's no one they can identify with. I think to grow listeners, you need to keep the heavyweights on. Of course, I love hearing the freshest stuff, too. :) Just, don't throw out the big names - they're important.

Hello hardsilver;:hug:welcome:grinning: Nice to meet you. You need to get all your mates to come on here and have a good listen to some of the great talent we got on here. In my opinion more than a match for Armin and co. The fact that they are not as well known as Armin and the others doesn't mean they are not as good. Until I came on here at the end of last year I had never heared of any of these guys and gals. But now Armin and his mates barely get a look in:)

thanks for the warm welcome! I have a lot of faith that plenty of talent lies in dj's i've never heard of or from. That's one reason I continue to listen. I've been in Vegas many a time, drunk off my butt, going, "damn, this dj is amazing. I haven't stopped dancing from the moment I set foot in the room." You'll usually never get the name of a dj like this - there's so many of them in vegas. And I know there's probably a ton of great unknowns here, too.

I also know there's a ton of crappy techno and trance and electronica out there (especially on the net) and without the draw of someone 'known', most people would write off this site, without a second glance. I don't want that to happen, ya know? There's a lot to be discovered once the lure has worked. :) I don't think I need to keep on - I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from.

Anyway, thx for the reply. I'll be directing people here for a loooong time, I'm sure.

p.s. love your name. My sister's real name is Sunshine, and we always call her Sunny.

thanks for the warm welcome! I have a lot of faith that plenty of talent lies in dj's i've never heard of or from. That's one reason I continue to listen. I've been in Vegas many a time, drunk off my butt, going, "damn, this dj is amazing. I haven't stopped dancing from the moment I set foot in the room." You'll usually never get the name of a dj like this - there's so many of them in vegas. And I know there's probably a ton of great unknowns here, too.

I also know there's a ton of crappy techno and trance and electronica out there (especially on the net) and without the draw of someone 'known', most people would write off this site, without a second glance. I don't want that to happen, ya know? There's a lot to be discovered once the lure has worked. :) I don't think I need to keep on - I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from.

Anyway, thx for the reply. I'll be directing people here for a loooong time, I'm sure.

p.s. love your name. My sister's real name is Sunshine, and we always call her Sunny.

I :love: Vegas...

Do you go to the Godskitchen Wednesdays @ Body English?

Haven't stepped foot inside the Hard Rock in forever. Last time I was inside their club, it had only just changed to Body English from Baby's. Looong time ago. It was good then - couldn't tell you now. Last time I was in Vegas, we hit Lavo - it's new, inside the Palazzo. Upscale, expensive, REALLY fun. Good dj. We also went to Moon, which was good, but not great. I take it back - after 2 drinks, I was having a wonderful time. ;)

I also like Rain (only VIP - the main floor is crushing) and I :love: Blush, inside the Wynn. It's fun there - smaller - and I've always heard great mixing. Tryst is supposed to be great too, but usually it's too crowded to even try.

yeah i know that, but he should have a weekly show:music:or have his sets replayed everyday,:)

I don't know about having his sets replayed every day :blink:, but yeah, he's great. Outstanding, in fact. :bravo::grinning::cat:

Hi Guys!!! Live sets are great!!!!!!!!!!

Muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Definitely live sets :p Djs are playing the most of fresh tunes ...and I have other idea ;) I just thought that would be better if djs who have more listeners then the other could have two hours show :super: Amount of listeners would be greatest then
It's easy to decide when you're looking at results of voting after show

50/50 would be nice. that way you can discover new music without having to check out the site (useful when in school or listening on your cell phone)

DJ sets, of course.. and especially when there are some specials.. like Italy or Brazil day!
I´ll be checking the yearmixes this end of 2008.
:):)

i'll go for 50/50 :) it's cool to re-run those dj sets in here , but put some singles in between too;)

That's a good point :)

Yesterday evening some shows started earlier then sceduled... would be nice to see those gaps filled with singles!

Back