ASOT Vs. Club Life

ASOT VS Club Life

• ASOT (Armin van Buuren)

Votes: 261 70.4%
  • Club Life (Tiesto)

Votes: 68 18.3%
  • Can't choose (haven't hear Tiesto's show yet)

Votes: 42 11.3%

• Total voters
Between ASOT and Club Life... I prefer ASOT. But in my opinion, there's a lot of shows that plays better trance music than them (I don't think that Tiësto runs a Trance radioshow), such as: FSOE, TATW, Tytanium Sessions, Rush Hour, Flightbook or my favourite... KEARNAGE (I(L) that Bryan's f***ing banging techno-trance sound)

Honestly, I think that Club Life beats ASOT, but i like both.:music::music:

I'm 50/50 on this one...lol...ASOT I think is over rated at times by the celebration events are INSANE!!! And club life is hit or miss :)

I voted "can't choose" because they are the same. Everytime i ask someone what is so special about dj's like armin, tiesto and guetta, no one can really answer that...:bully:

Seriously, what's all about this Armin and Tiesto worship? What do they have that is so special? If you all like djing and trance, why don't you speak about guys like Bryan Kearney, Eddie Halliwell or Indecent Noise???? At least, they are wayyyy more creative in the mix than than tiesto, armin and guetta.

I'm starting to think that the only place on earth that give real credit and discards the mediocre is the DMC contest. What is so special with mixing the outro of a song with the intro percurssion of another?!!! Gosh.

I remember the time that i "worshiped" tiesto. After i saw some Eddie Halliwell videos and sets, i changed my mind about trance djing. Why there are so many lazy dj's in trance???? Why can't they all be like many of Nu Disco DJ's????

Think about this instead of answering furiously, defending your "god".

Good djing shouldnt just be evaluated on what tracks did you play but how did you play and what did you have done with the tracks.

I voted "can't choose" because they are the same. Everytime i ask someone what is so special about dj's like armin, tiesto and guetta, no one can really answer that...:bully:

Seriously, what's all about this Armin and Tiesto worship? What do they have that is so special? If you all like djing and trance, why don't you speak about guys like Bryan Kearney, Eddie Halliwell or Indecent Noise???? At least, they are wayyyy more creative in the mix than than tiesto, armin and guetta.

I'm starting to think that the only place on earth that give real credit and discards the mediocre is the DMC contest. What is so special with mixing the outro of a song with the intro percurssion of another?!!! Gosh.

I remember the time that i "worshiped" tiesto. After i saw some Eddie Halliwell videos and sets, i changed my mind about trance djing. Why there are so many lazy dj's in trance???? Why can't they all be like many of Nu Disco DJ's????

Think about this instead of answering furiously, defending your "god".

I agree on that, but you can´t mix trance tracks the way you´re speaking, because they are much more complete than just a bunch of samples.

Anyway, djs are nothing compared to artists who can perform an instrument live, like i did in J4T or bands.

For me djs are just people who want to have money and fame by doing nothing, just playing tracks from artists they like.

And yeah, i have been thinking in what to do live on stage, how to give something unique instead of just mixing tracks, thats why you dont see me
touring at the moment with a midi controler and mixing on ableton live.

About the DMC thing, you´re right, they need a lot of practise and imagination, but they´re more like a freestyler, doing tricks. Entertainment can´t be compared to the emotion and the way you play and perform an instrument on a show.

You can put that in this way, when you own a car, and you put it on a track and then someone drives it trough the track, you feel good because its your brand that is racing, but its nothing compared if it´s you on the wheel, doing the turns, showing your style and interpretation of the track.

You can´t do that mixing, tracks are already done.

For me djing is just good to show my own productions, and give fun to people, but when you show something unique on stage, like i said before, that is another story.

For me djs are just people who want to have money and fame by doing nothing, just playing tracks from artists they like.

If you say stuff like that, you will end up being hated like deadmau5 is by many dj's.
So if i edit and remix tracks live, am i doing nothing????

About the DMC thing, you´re right, they need a lot of practise and imagination, but they´re more like a freestyler, doing tricks. Entertainment can´t be compared to the emotion and the way you play and perform an instrument on a show.

1º) you can use a CDJ or a turntable + mixer as an intrument. The only problem is that each Turntable/CDJ will only have one note at a time...

2º) i think that just playing an instrument or just track mixing is just too linear. Why not make both at the same live performance?

You can´t do that mixing, tracks are already done.
Why not? So what am i doing with my sets? Proving that i can reasemble them in the way i want.

Anyway, djs are nothing compared to artists who can perform an instrument live, like i did in J4T or bands.
There are mashups are mixes more complicated than most melodies of trance. If i play on piano, for example, "Strange world", "Airwave" or "Legacy" am i better than just making live mashups? What's is so difficult in playing such kind of melodies? Of course there are harder melodies to play but most trance ones are easy....

:mask:In conclusion, i like to build legos instead of building bricks. :mask:

Last edited:
If you say stuff like that, you will end up being hated like deadmau5 is by many dj's.
So if i edit and remix tracks live, am i doing nothing????

1º) you can use a CDJ or a turntable + mixer as an intrument. The only problem is that each Turntable/CDJ will only have one note at a time...

2º) i think that just playing an instrument or just track mixing is just too linear. Why not make both at the same live performance?

Why not? So what am i doing with my sets? Proving that i can reasemble them in the way i want.

There are mashups are mixes more complicated than most melodies of trance. If i play on piano, for example, "Strange world", "Airwave" or "Legacy" am i better than just making live mashups? What's is so difficult in playing such kind of melodies? Of course there are harder melodies to play but most trance ones are easy....

:mask:In conclusion, i like to build legos instead of building bricks. :mask:

It´s not how easy it is but how real it sounds.

Sometimes its better to hear a real peformance of a simple song than a bunch of edits of a song.

For me digital age sucks.

In my opinion, is better ASOT, Armin listen to broadcasts from five years, but all tiesto maybe a few times it happened but somehow not please me to taste it

I would have to say ASOT i mean i've been hearing it since bak when it came out and i love how Armin mixes and matches his choice of music. Although Club life is some what still new i like it but not as much as ASOT cuz Tiesto plays 2 much house and electro and techno which is not really my style

That's where the EDM scene is going unfortuneately... :(

I think better is ASOT becouse Armin played less comercial track :) Cheers.

There are some really good sets from Tiesto, which I really love and enjoy, but when it comes to choose between Club Life and A State Of Trance, I definitely choose ASOT. Lots and lots of good tracks in Armin's shows and fewer commercial tracks in ASOT compared to Club Life.
Also, the round numbers of A State Of Trance are simply amazing. Armin really knows how to keep trance alive (even if sometimes you can hear dubstep influences in some tracks... or cheasy sounds).

So I'll go with ASOT !

more interesting poll would be... Armin vs. Tiesto in 2002, which? they were both good then!

Back