EOYC 2012 Community Contest Rules, Info & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
11. DJ Pavle - EOYC 2012 Contest
· The mood starts off excellent once you kick in your set – Energy out of the gate is really nice. The mix around 07:00 felt a little awkward – not sure if it was off key or just forced at the wrong time. The mixes felt a lot smoother as a whole afterwards, and the energy was a constant. I didn’t recognize a good number of the tracks which was a plus in my book as well, lending that you listen to diverse artists I don’t know myself.
Thanks for your opinion mate, really apprecciated :)

13. DJ Alex The Lion - EOYC 2012 Contest
· Your blurb about the genre being more commercial than 2005 was disheartening friend. Commercialization does not mean it went to “utter crap.” Frankly, in my own opinion, the attitude permeating so-called “true trance fans” about the stylistic changes across all sub-genres, and the growth of “crap trance” music, is saddening. Instead of simply loving the music you (generic here) love, we’ve resorted to bitter banter about the commercial success of artists whom may or may not have represented the genre in its “glory years.” The argument should be less about commercial success in my opinion, less to do with the genre as a whole, and more to do with the amount of crap out there. When labels got easy access and faster sales in the digital age, yes the quality of a release has dropped, less thought went into caring about a release and nurturing a career, and more important became the ability to turn profits quickly. If an artist really works hard and loves their music, who are we, as an audience, to say it is “crap.” It is their art, and art that gets put out there. Maybe you are upset that the top teir doesn’t love what you do, and that’s okay, it just means that your tastes don’t match those who are popular today.
· You asked what Trance is to me, well --- Trance is a feeling I get inside, a style of music I can lose myself in – be it techy, uplifting, euphoric, progressive, or anything else. Give me mood, melody and a good beat, and if I get lost in it, it may be trance. It may be Tech House or House too. BPM isn’t the be all and end all in my opinion. The style of a breakdown, the energy in a beat and bass line, those are elements of a trance song sure, but they aren’t TRANCE to me alone.
· The artists you list are all of a specific sound, one that personally tends to become very unemotional and static at times. They are, fortunately or unfortunately, a very niche part of the upper end of the BPM range of Trance these days. To be honest, I can only take so much of that in a set – which is why I’m not a huge fan of Aly & Fila or Christopher Lawrence these days. The sets blend into the same thing for two hours. I need a set with variety, sway, uniqueness, and ultimately identity. Many of the productions those artists you fight for in your statement put out very same sounding tune after tune, just like others who may be more “commercial.” Perhaps you like that; perhaps others don’t. It does not mean either are “utter crap,” it just means we have varying tastes.
· Your set has variety initially, and provides a sound that is emotional in its own way on the onset. The Trance community needs more songs like Korean Sunset in my opinion, but the sound is no longer club friendly, which is where the market has disappeared to these days. Halfway through your set, you suffer what I was mentioning above for me – the sound lacks emotion that was apparent earlier in the set. It’s got energy sure, but that’s all it has for me. Maybe I’m just too old school progressive house for this sound, but when all I hear is this sound, it leaves me empty.

Thanks for your opinion! It's very important to me.

only few days before the voting starts. good luck for contestants. I Hope the voting will be fair.

The thing is very complicated, there are many levels and great Dj, s, good luck to all

Impulsive - great uplifting set, expect the 1st track did not like much...Love the 5th track in your set,
my favorite uplifting tune so far at the moment
Reech - Sorry, not my style...
Sosenka - really nice set with pure uplifting tracks, 2nd track brings back memories
DJ John - another nice set, 1st tracks is amazing so, the last two, love old school tracks in your set
Kiddy - as previous ones, that one is amazing too

And if anyone missed my decent trance set here is a preview :)
http://www.mixcloud.com/am_dr_ey/dj-pavle-eoyc-2012-contest/

Thanks for support to everyone here!!

There are too many great uplifting sets. I can´t choose the best one :megacrazy:
Trancer

Massive update:

22. Sosenka - Eoyc 2012 Contest

• Great choices for different tracks I haven’t heard! The first mix caught me as a little too loud overall and I feel like I heard some distortion somewhere in it. Definitely watch the levels on your mixes, that’s really the only thing I can say. The tracks were fresh and interesting too, so good job mate!

23. Kiddy - EOYC 2012 Contest

• THIS! This right here is what I want to hear to end my ear. Great set, great track and good mixes! LOVE THIS ONE! Job well done mate. No glaring issues from my perspective!

24. Reech - EOYC 2012 Contest

• This set has a very Tritonal feel to it, and honestly, I can’t tell whether I like it for that or not. Your mixes are clean but sometimes really quick, which disrupts the mood (27:45 as an example for me). Overall, decent track selection but nothing in particularly grabbed me. Keep it up, the set was good, just not what I was looking for probably during the listen session.

25. Voodoo Child - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Decent set, but for the life of me nothing really grabbed me. I enjoyed the mixing; it was clean and without any major issues. The sounds just felt plain to me on this one. No clue to be honest as to why, it was a good listen, but not a great listen – which is honestly something I can say about a lot of sets out there. There were some classics in there, which were neat, but not enough to really grab me man. Good mixing and best of luck.

26. Impulsive - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Decent set that never really grabbed me. It may be mostly due to the fact I was doing Uber-runs on D3 while listening to the set, but at the same time, I just never heard a track grab my attention away from the stress of the battles, or one that matched the fevered pace of the battles. It wasn’t bad, and I noticed no bad aspects in the mixing, but I just didn’t get captured for whatever reason by the magic. Keep working on perfecting your sound!

27. Hesham van Seleem - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Your ASOT-like attempt of an intro made me chuckle. It was a bit long though. There were tons of known tunes in the mix, and the whole set was fast paced and mixed well. Lots of vocal tunes in there as well. There was something missing for me though. I can’t explain exactly what it is, but I just wasn’t falling into the set. Maybe it was the furious pacing, maybe it was just the tracks playing in the order they were – I’ve no clue. Good set, but there was something missing for me.

28. Protrapik - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Energetic right out of the gate – WOW. The energy keeps rocking hard from the start, and I’m three tracks in without a breathing point. The second mix was a little rough, in that it was a bit long so the fade was more noticeable. The effects around 27:00 are a bit distorted on the high end - not sure if that was the effects themselves, or the track production. Overall, I’ll say the set was enjoyable, but I didn’t really groove much to it. Decent job mate!

29. DJ Hike - EOYC 2012 Contest

• I liked seeing some more obscure labels on this set - Blue Soho, Sorcery, and Silent Shore are all great labels. The Armada / Garuda attack was also noticeable on this set, though you made good choices for those labels as well. The starting off with “How DO I know” is far too reminiscent of the Universal Religion CD for me though. Watch the levels on that first mix; the second track comes across way stronger than the first. AS I listened through the set, the only thing I really noticed was that the mixes were a little rough around the edges. Keep working on those. Track selection was okay; some of those unkowns really caught my ear.

30. Wolvy - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Very Balearic opening but the mixes really need some work here. The vibe becomes lost during the mixes even when the tracks rock. Another point off for me is Concrete Angel. The track wasn’t something I really liked when it came out, and is so oversaturated for me at this point, I’m no longer enjoying it. I follow FloE on Soundcloud, so it was cool to see others dig his sound as well. Keep working on the craft, you’ll get there.

31. Energetic Horizons - EOYC 2012 Contest

• So two classic tracks to open (Granted that the Flaming June remix is a new remix) - not bad, but waiting to hear where you are going. The set kind of doesn’t go anywhere for me. The songs are all good and well chosen, but the pace doesn’t pull me into it, nor does the emotion of the songs really tug at me. It does feel well mixed, but the overall package feels just like that a package, and not a set I’d dance out to.

32. Hamten - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Wow, parts of “A Day Without Rain” really remind me of Flaming June by BT. Cool track! Oh speak of Flaming June, lol, there it is. The tracks you selected work well together, but none of them really presented a concept or emotion to me as a whole. I sat here waiting to be pulled into the mix, to feel the beat running through me, but all I was really getting was the energy of a beat pattern, not the mix itself. I wish I could explain it better to you, but I can’t find the right words. Your tracks were really neat, but maybe the ordering didn’t work well for me. I’m not sure as nothing was glaring out at me as an issue. Head scratcher for sure!

33. Ole Petersson - EOYC 2012 Contest

• I love me some Leon - so great choice on your first track! The set unfolded nicely, and the tracks had that techy edge to them which was a nice switch up. That Cliff Coenraad remix was interesting, and the mix was a little slow coming out of it. It was also nice to hear you use effects tastefully - something I find is often lost on DJs these days. Definitely one of the more different mixes in this contest so far. Points off for Concerte Angel though. Tsk Tsk!

34. Mikey K. - EOYC 2012

• Well, you sir win a creativity and risk award for your set. That second mix was really rough (08:30) and made me want to switch after the insanely pitched up vocals of “Satellite.” I give you credit for trying something different, and doing something creative with the track you chose, but you also need to make sure they harmonically and sonically mix. The distortion in track three is horrible, and painful to listen to. REALLY REALLY watch your levels when doing mashups, especially if you choose to go and do them live (off the cuff). The bass drum is absolutely horrible sounding in that third track. Practice more, make those mixes clean, and who knows what could happen. Kudos on trying something different.

Massive update:
33. Ole Petersson - EOYC 2012 Contest

• I love me some Leon - so great choice on your first track! The set unfolded nicely, and the tracks had that techy edge to them which was a nice switch up. That Cliff Coenraad remix was interesting, and the mix was a little slow coming out of it. It was also nice to hear you use effects tastefully - something I find is often lost on DJs these days. Definitely one of the more different mixes in this contest so far. Points off for Concerte Angel though. Tsk Tsk!

Thank U so much Mate! :)

Massive update:

23. Kiddy - EOYC 2012 Contest

• THIS! This right here is what I want to hear to end my ear. Great set, great track and good mixes! LOVE THIS ONE! Job well done mate. No glaring issues from my perspective!

Thank you so much MyStro023, Cheers! :)

Massive update:

34. Mikey K. - EOYC 2012

• Well, you sir win a creativity and risk award for your set. That second mix was really rough (08:30) and made me want to switch after the insanely pitched up vocals of “Satellite.” I give you credit for trying something different, and doing something creative with the track you chose, but you also need to make sure they harmonically and sonically mix. The distortion in track three is horrible, and painful to listen to. REALLY REALLY watch your levels when doing mashups, especially if you choose to go and do them live (off the cuff). The bass drum is absolutely horrible sounding in that third track. Practice more, make those mixes clean, and who knows what could happen. Kudos on trying something different.

lol thanks. technicality wasnt something that i was always careful about. i know raising the pitch of the vocal drastically was an unconventional thing to do, and even as for the heavy clashing of the lower frequencies during a transition i found it ironically musical to my ears, but thanks for pointing that out that it sounds horrible. lol.

TOMORROW WE START VOING!!!

TOMORROW WE START VOTING

Don't forget MY OPINIONS !!!

OF COURSE THESE ARE NOT ANY SUGGESTIONS...

01 Metrostatic - EOYC 2012 Contest
Progressive. Coldharbour! good! 12:00 good tune! 43:43 love this track! Good interesting transitions without mistakes! Perfect. ++

02 Darxis - EOYC 2012 Contest
Relaxing start and all time tempo UP UP! 25:52 very small turnouts and too many melodies in the same time (noise). Letting Go EPIC TUNE!!! 55:40 too long transition you lose your GOOD tempo. But mix really GOOD! ++

03 Alfurez - EOYC 2012 Contest
Fast start! Uplifting! Like IT! Second transition wrong phrase! After PvD too long transition! You lose tempo. 44:26 wrong transition (phrase one bit more) Good music. good smooth transitions but not perfect! +

04 Galin Rashkov - EOYC 2012 Contest
good Uplifting! Tech also! And PSY! Bassline LIKE IT! Good transitions, no mistakes! smooth. Maybe sometimes in the mix there is too lous and to quiet, but small mistake! GREAT 1h +++

05 April Elyse - EOYC 2012 Contest
realxing start. But some transitions. 5:39 turnouts and wrong phrase! 16:00 / 43:20 small very small turnouts! OMG I don't like names jingles! 48:23 too many bassline, 46:43 too little. Good music but transitions very not perfect!

06 Lokki - EOYC 2012 Contest
Strong start! but 10:30 wrong transition (wrong phrase). 25:50 What a BPM!!! KILLER! OMG! and faster! Fast transition but sometimes wrong phrase just a little. Cool MIX! ++

07 Cold Rush - EOYC 2012 Contest
WOW Own productions! ALL TIME! Recpect! And really cool productions! 19:27 plays 2 track and I hear small turnouts! 42:40 / 56:15 small turnouts! Really good music! I appreciate THIS! ++

08 DJ K4N - EOYC 2012 Contest
Jingles hmmm. 100% certainty ? :p AMAZING Music. Really good! M.I.K.E. pres Plastic Boy - Chocolate Infusion big classic! All times FLOW! Legion Massive TUNE! Fast transitions just PERFECT! no mistakes! 2 times a row in EOYC no 3 times a row!!! +++

09 Agger - EOYC 2012 Contest
Good trance. Maybe not my perfect style but good! Second half better for me! 19:11 strange transition for me. Everythig good but little trebles and medium. OK smooth fast transitions Really cool! ++

10 Enviate - EOYC 2012 Contest
Looks Like D'n'B or PSY! Something between. WOW. Grat music! Different than other mixes! Cool. 23:12 not perfect transition. Just a little long. No mistakes in transition. Really good music. Great! very good position ++

11 DJ Pavle - EOYC 2012 Contest
Amazing tune on start! first transition too loud, 12:40 / 25:00 / 36:46 small turnouts and no correct. Really powerful mIX. LIKE IT! +

12 Distant Moon - EOYC 2012 Contest
Good start! 11:48 turnouts but later correct. Phobia there is KILLER! conception another KILLER! 55:15 very small turnouts! Good smooth transitions, Really good MIX! ++

13 DJ Alex The Lion - EOYC 2012 Contest
Wow. great INTRO! I don't like jingles with names of DJ. 17:55 very small turnouts but correct! Great music! 24:21 looks like turnouts but this is track i know. 37:22 maybe too long transition just a little. 54:41 small turnouts! But indecent has got exactly these tunes difficult tunes. Anyway GREAT MIX! +++

14 Lucas Deyong - EOYC 2012 Contest
Relaxing start. 30:18 too long transition 4 me. 45:11 too much noise. Last track too silent. But transitions very smooth! Really Good mix! ++

15 Isaias Cobos - EOYC 2012 Contest
Many many well known tunes! Good tunes! Perfect MATCH! Transition after Kandi's tune too long for me you lose your MASSIVE tempo! Gheorghe Zamfir - Lonely Sheperd (Cymatics Remix) LOVE THIS! EL CLASSICO in best uplifting form. Cymatics this GUY is incredible... Transitions very smooth LIKE IT! maybe 4 me sometimes too loud and too quiet, not balanced but MIX INCREDIBLE! +++

16 MiMaMix - EOYC 2012 Contest
Intro mmm. 10BPM MAssive real trance! Love IT! 13:00 massive... Gheorghe Zamfir - Lonely Sheperd (Cymatics Remix) another CHOON! all time choons! 23:23 this transition 4 me too long but nevermind! Alpha Force - Egyptian Legends (Pete Silver Remix) IMPRESSIVE! Blown my mind! Music like in my MIX! EMOTIONAL LOVE IT! 45:30 too long 4 me! thank for this 1h +++

17 Kimochi - EOYC 2012 Contest
UPLIFT. GREAT! but 8:08 small turnouts. 20:40 same. And too long transitions. You lose your massive tempo! 27:50 track just finish... :/ Really too long transitions. Music Massive 140bpm but medium transitions. Looks like live set on deck

18 Last Sunlight - EOYC 2012 Contest
good intro! 11:54 track just finish... too long transition. 36:00 same situation. You lose your great TEMPO! Overall is very gOOD very no turnouts ++

19 DJ Yutaka Viper - EOYC 2012
First sek. I listen WTF? But there is. I don't like any voices "in the mix". relaxing START! Transitoins very smooth but also too long 4 me. And too quiet. there is 5sek when i dont't hear any bass, little medium only trebles. Too quiet. OK. Later is really better. Second half MIX = perfect transitions + massive music! Overall VERY VERY Good ++

20 tranzLift - EOYC 2012 Contest
Here Is. One of MY BEST TRANCE PRODUCERS! This commentary will be so PRECISE because You are Perfect. so Let's GO! Why so silent on first 2 transitions? good smooth transitions but so quiet. KILLER after KILLER! EMotions after Emotions! transitions looks like there were NO BASS. ANDY BLUEMAN ! great! OK NOw good transition! After Andy... OMG! I'm flying! All time. Good transition And Lacrimosa! But between 8 and 9 too fast. OMG What a musi JourneY!! thank a lot! Some small mistakes but GREAT MIX!!! +++

21 Trancer - EOYC 2012 Contest
Uplift. GOOD! 15:00 turnouts. Massive 3rd tune! 3 tune too loud 5 too silent. Smooth transitions but sometimes too loud and too silent. Ver Very good position. Last Track I'm flying! ++

22 Sosenka - Eoyc 2012 Contest
Great uplifitng MIX! Cool tracks! Massive tunes! Smooth good transitions without mistakes. But sometimes I hear too much bass in melodies on transitions. Great +++

23 Kiddy - EOYC 2012 Contest
Really COOL music! My Best! All time flying! And ENIGMA MY FAVOURITE TUNE THIS YEAR! LOVE IT! Wow Lacrimosa.! OMG Really massive transitions, NO mistakes! Cool. Very Very good MIX +++

24 Reech - EOYC 2012 Contest
Well known tracks. But good tracks. Transitions very good very smooth. Maybe sometimes too quiet. Last transition worst. But Overall very GOOD! ++

25 Voodoo Child - EOYC 2012 Contest
Good progressive like Fleming style. Smooth transitions. But sometimes too loud and too silent. 40min -> faster. Communication pt. 3 Classic. 51:33 small turnouts. Great Mix ++

26 Impulsive - EOYC 2012 Contest
OMG! I'm flying! Simon O'Shine - Your Distand World (Original Mix) LOVE IT! GREAT MUSIC ALL TIME, Great transitions all time, no mistakes. MASSIVE! +++

27 Hesham van Seleem - EOYC 2012 Contest
MEGA MIX! MEGA MUSIC! Technique music all beatifull. So many works, so many hours. But where are uplifting productions?! :p My pleasure to listen THIS! GREAT JOB +++

28 Protrapik - EOYC 2012 Contest
Another PSY / uplifting! WoW. 12:17 too long transitions track just finish. 17:31 too quiet... But small mistake. Overall smooth transitions! All Set really MASSIVE! ++

29 DJ Hike - EOYC 2012 Contest
Good start but first transition 7:00 turnouts. 18:58 TURNOUTS! 35:30 Really good BASSLINE! 41:17 / 47:42 small turnouts WOW my loveing BEN GOLD! LOVE THIS SONG. Very good music, very good FLOW. But transitions only MEDIUM. Looks like live set on decks.

30 Wolvy - EOYC 2012 Contest
Good start but 2nd and 3rd transition too quiet. Sometimes too long transitions. Smooth but too long. 34:15 turnouts and VERY QUIET transition!!! Simon CHOON! All time too silent transitions! But mix Good!

31 Energetic Horizons - EOYC 2012 Contest
Another Massive MIX. Really Energetic! 3 and 4 tunes different level of volume! first transition and 39:47 too long transition you lose tempo. But a little. BRUTE MASSIVE RMX 4 ME BEST! Massive set. ! +++

32 Hamten - EOYC 2012 Contest
52:00 ?! Uplifting START and NEXT what? PSY! Massive music! But but... Transitions not perfect because sometimes is too quiet. Smooth transitions without mistakes but too little bass and medium. And one more... Beautiful things is quiet and next VERY VERY GOOD TUNE louder. Great MIX!

33 Ole Petersson - EOYC 2012 Contest
I don't like voices on Start! Interesting Mix. Music not my style. But interesting tunes and transitions! No mistakes. Mayby some very very little turnouts but really little. Great position ++

34 Mikey K. - EOYC 2012
Hmmm. Different style of music But OK! 8:20 / 14:22 /39:05 is NOT OK. Too many Bass too loud and turnouts. Something wrong with tracks... problem with recording too loud too many bass. 40:30 WOW club KILLER! Music not for me but I accepted this. Overall too LOUD and transitions only MEDIUM!

35 DJ VERDASTRO - EOYC 2012
Hmmm. Strange Music. Of course NOt. Intersting TRANCE. I dont't know nothing about this tracks from first half of MIX. Transitions Specific. Really specific not boring. But 22:22 / 28:00 turnouts. 42:11 club KILLER! 52:55 turnouts! not correct. Overall New type of trance! COOL. I'm open for THIS. But transitions not so good, maybe not perfect but I hear thst these transitions are really difficult so GOOD MIX +

36 DjJohn - EOYC 2012 Contest
Powerfull MUSIC! Good for ME. LIKE IT! 50/50 good and too long transitions! 29:50 really TOO LONG. You lose YOUR MASSIVE tempo! and next transition GOOD and and! RONNY K!!! onr of my best tunes EVER! THx 4 this! 44:04 too long and this cause that there is too quiet. REALLY GOOD MIX, but transitions NOT PERFECT no mistakes but 4 me too long! ++

37 Andromedha - EOYC 2012 Contest
OWN PRODUCTIONS!!! RESPECT! 15:45 / 20:05 small turnouts! Smooth transitions! Very good very small mistakes. NAother good MIX! ++ Massive progressive mix.

38 Replicate - EOYC 2012 Contest
Really good music. Transitions different. One time you doing transition very FAst another time too long YOu lose your good tempo. Previous track just finish and NOW JEB new tune! (31:26) but next transition GOOD + And 4 me MIX too quiet, liitle bass ?! Maybe recording or corverting problem.47:56 very small turnouts. BUT OVERALL very GOOD!

39 Gate of paradise - EOYC 2012 Contest
relaxing like Garuda start! 3 track = 3 good breaks! 43:36 looks like turnouts but I know this is track. 344 Episode WOW. respect. Smooth good transitions no mistakes. MASSIVE 1h +++

40 Mannie Kumar - EOYC 2012
Beautiful intro! 18:46 very little turnouts and PSY i remember this track was played by P. Oakenfold on 500 ASOT! in den Bosch. Whow what an amazing MUSIC! LOVE PSY same like Emotional / uplifting trance! 43:17 WOW GREAT SOUNDS! KILLER SET! +++

41 Ayham52 - EOYC 2012
strong start. 9:40 / 15:00 / 26:50 turnouts! And you dont't correct them. 35:30 good track! SECOND Half MIX! really better Better music and smooth transiotions without mistakes! Good MIX! POwer music.

42 Enlusion - EOYC 2012 Contest
Beautifull INTRO... Great MIX. great music. Relaxing intro, strong track in first half of set and uplift in second part. Transitions Good really, but... Sometimes you play 2 track when there is man theme of previous track and... Too many sounds and too loud. But this is little issue. Thank 4 MIX! ++

43 Curs3d - EOYC 2012 Contest
Good INTRO! Very Very Relaxing Balearic MUSIC! + good smooth transitions, maybe sometime little long 4 me BUT REALLY GOOD! No mistakes with turnouts! Really good really GOOD position ++

44 Quji - EOYC 2012 Contest
relaxing start. 11:00 / 23:12 / 28:40 / 43:00 / 50:50 track just finish too long! Good music good for warm-up but too long transitions for me...

45 DJ Jayz - EOYC 2012 Contest
INTRO! 26:39 LOVE THIS TUNE! All time a Thnkik that quality od some track is only 128kbps. Of couurse all has 320. And For me transitions little too long. Very good tunes and smooth transitions. GOOD MIX +

46 Cosmin Man - EOYC 2012 Contest
relaxing start. 5:34 small turnouts but I hear them. ICARUS! BIG TUNE! 34:24 small turnouts and too quiet transitions. BELTER!!! GOOD MUSIC and WHAT?! you doing LIve sets LIKE ME so mistakes ABOVE are small mistakeS!

47 Project Offset - EOYC 2012 Contest
Progressive Coldharbour MIX! GREAT! 20:00 Markus melodies. 26:13 / 47:41 these track don't play exactly the same! But small mistake very small. Great MIX. good for ClubS! Thanks! ++

48 Pulse Origin - EOYC 2012 Contest
AND WHAT? PSY! YEAH. Great music great TRANSITIONS! No mistakes. 43min OVER 140BPM. Beatifull. Massive finish! Super... +++

49 S.K.Y. - EOYC 2012 Contest
Good music! really and good transitions! really good! 44:20 nic melodies. Maybe sometimes too long transitions but Overall Massive! ++

50 TranceMitor (Stalvart John) - EOYC 2012 Contest
nice ORBION! many many well known TUNES! really GOOD tunes! transitions for me too long but only sometimes REST very good but also sometimes too quiet on transitions! 550 Senta LOVE THIS. 29:30 too quiet and long. Senta just finish and now Unity. the same SPELL. 48:00 small turnouts first and LAST Good mix but not perfect.

51 Mardouk - EOYC 2012 Contest
first half relaxing mix very good music, smooth transitions but sometimes too long for me, you lose tempo after long transitions, metanoia + second half PSY wow what a different style. but good something NEW (better transitions all time smooth) GOOD MIX really!

52 Alpha-Dog - EOYC 2012 Contest
HUGE FAST mix. different transitions, but very good you don't lose tempo! good 3rd track GOOD! music like in 2001-2003 years aaaa i like IT! Classics! Really like it! + 45min not good transitions really too loud. faster faster and finish. +++

53 John Senak - EOYC 2012 Contest
beauty intro! not bad not bad. Of course. MASSIVE MIX. really massive KILLER! very smooth transitions no mistakes good EQ operating really good. But 1 thing sometimes too loud sometimes to quiet. +++

54 Vel - EOYC 2012 Contest
relaxing start. 12:25 / 18:48 I hear small turnouts very small. 30:00 FASTER FASTER!!! and again small turnouts. I think this is live set on decks. And one more sometime louder... But overall is very good. Like IT!

55 Matii G - EOYC 2012 Contest
WHAT A MUSIC! REALLY COOL! MASSIVE! MY FEELINGS. transitions good but sometimes too fast. Headliner mmmm + 12:22 fast but good! 33:40 hmmm. too fast. next transition same situation. Transition to BRUTE COOL. But REMIX MASSIVE!!! 3 last tunes AWESOME!!! Massive mix. ++

56 DanceMission - EOYC 2012
Well known tracks. good music maybe not ideal my style but good technique. Sometimes small mistakes with EG but smooth transitions without tunouts... GOOD SET REALLY!

57 Trancepharaoh - EOYC 2012 Contest
good intro. Wow! Transitions: sometimes maybe too fast but nevermind! 20:50 bad 4 me... Ben Prestone mmm Love this track! 27:20 not do good... and next transitions also bad first part was better. 15sek max for 1 transition too fast... last 15min better. and better music 4 ME. oj oj oj 45:42 bad too fast... come on REALLY MASSIVE MIX but transitions not so good...

58 dj_waxi - EOYC 2012
Really good music REALLY. Transitions: too fast for me. there is: C Systems - Close My Eyes (Lemon And Einar K Remix) and 15sek quiet and NOW An Angels Love. But sounds good, not perfect. Small turnouts and we have MASSIVE REMEMBER LOVE. 19:44 it sounds BAD sorry. This is My opinion. really strange transitions but all sound GOOD, good tunes. Ohh Ramsterdam and I'm flying. Your transitions are NOW too long. NOT similar like in first part of this mix. Beauty Hides In The Deep -> "el classico" 53:30 this track just finish. Hmmm. I told 2 words MUSIC COOL. techinique MEDIUM. Overall GOOD!

59 Anton Karpoff - EOYC 2012 Contest
relaxing start. good sounds smooth transitions 10:00 , 27:30 small turnouts but small mistake. A little long transitions but really good. Very good mix! Very relaxing!

60 Starmack - EOYC Contest
Relaxing start. 30:00 small turnouts. Last tune massive KILLER! Good turnouts really GOOD! Good mix +

61 Alex Paun - EOYC 2012 Contest
Wow. Loud MIX. Progressive sounds. Good for warm-up in club! 31min not so good transition for me too many melodies in the same time. Little known tracks I like IT! 47min good track massive! killer! Overall smooth transitions very GOOD. Maybe mix too loud but good position!

62 Montenegrinnn - EOYC 2012 Contest
OK Music Good FAST POWER but sometimes too loud sometimes too quiet ;) Small mistake but I hear this. Fast transitions not so fast! Good But in transitions too many trebles so there is noise! sometimes too loud noise! 21:30 GOOD not too loud and massive bassline. 48:30 I don't like transitions when vocal still is. really good tracks, strong fast good transitions, but not good EQ.

63 Andy Elliass - EOYC 2012 Contest
Emotional / epic / uplifting TRANCE 3 words 1 felling really MASSIVE! Own productions. Very smooth transitions not so fast not so long. But 44:15 too long transitions you lose your massive TEMPO! 44:50 perfect bassline JEB JEB JEB. More Polish productions. Good country :p all time power + really good mix! Sometimes too many trebles but i think this is 192kbps and here is problem. +++

64 Bibhas - EOYC 2012 Contest
good music sometnihg like uplift something like pure. I'm relaxing. I hear sometimes small turnouts (first part of set) and too long transitions so you lose the tempo but all is very good! Like it. 39:15 too long transitions track finish and you go with new, you lose good tempo. And transitions that IT good fast (not so fast) good tempo! This is what I LIKE! GOOD set, not perfect but really good.

65 Karol - EOYC 2012 Contest
relaxing start and strong finish, good mix, good smooth transitions

66 Dj Surfer - EOYC Contest
1:12h ?! POWER POWER, massive tempo, killer. sometimes too fast for me, fast transitions but not impressive, too fast, and sometimes previous track too quietly... But mix massive

67 Gogy Di- EOYC 2012 Contest
good intro, good music, but not so good transitions, too long, you lose tempo, transitions quietly, turnouts... good mix and medium transitions

68 Bruno Alves - EOYC 2012 Contest
good music! relaxing start. But in transitions so quiet. too quiet. 37:05 too quiet! :/ looks like you cut medium sounds. But set really good relaxing and powerful finish

69 Chaim Mankoff - EOYC 2012 Contest
Headliner FLOW FLOW! ok ok... Really good music! and Specific transitions. Fast really fast. Smooth good EQ. 16:00 :/ for me bad. 26:30 small turnouts and too fast transition. 43:00 Bad and small turnouts. Your transitions are not bad but not perfect. Music really GOOD

70 Who Sam Van Rayes - EOYC Contest 2012
WOW Fusion! Massive... Start. 4:22 I LIKE IT! KILLER! CLUB KILLER! Mix looks like small MEGAMIX! 12:57 track not for me... next BOX KILLER! very good transition on Loops & Tings so different that 90% transitions in all mixes. No boring transitions maybe not perfect transitions but not too fast not too long very different very good. I'll Listen ~~~ You cut main theme. Really intersting position. ++

71 Garami - EYOC 2012 Contest
Very good relaxing MIX. Smooth transitions. Maybe very very little turnouts and sometimes too long. But all very good. Maybe not my style, but very good technique. Good JOB.

72 Darren Morfitt - EOYC 2012 Contest
WOW. sometimes TOO loud sometimes too quiet.transitions too quiet. 24:00 Massive ! FLOW! too quiet on transitions. good music good tracks, fast transitions. TIESTO FAN! ;) 40:30 this is massive tune! Club killer.second part of set better. Club mix really STRONG!

73 Derek Reese - EOYC 2012 Contest
13:30 WOW good track really good! 16:50 turnouts! 26:13 Ben Gold LOVE THIS SONG! so dancing 31:22 track don't play the same very small turnouts. same situation 36:00. Perfect Match for FINISH) VERY GOOD MIX. Looks like LIVE SET. VERY GOOD small mistakes but good smooth transitions. not too fast and too long.

74 Oguz Ton - EOYC 2012 Contest
power club mix! good smooth transitions! Maybe sometimes too many trebles. but very good technique. well known tracks. Maybe too ;) But this is YOUR Set. Very Good set. + BTW. I like Ben gold style. 8th track club killer. transition for headliner not so good but mix really +

75 DJ Cesar - EOYC 2012 Contest
first transition small turnouts. I hear them. 27:20 I'm flying... Really massvie music. 29:15 small turnouts but later good. 49:30 too long transition you lose tempo but not so much. OK finish. Really good music, good transitions several small mistakes but not important. REALLY COOL MIX MY MUSIC.

76 DJ iCORE - EOYC 2012 Contest
relaxing start. 16:00 turnouts. smooth transitions and WHAT? BEN GOLD YEAH! Good transitions good music small turnouts but nevermind MIX REALLY COOL! warm-up mix.

77 Alexander Ivanov - EOYC 2012 Contest
Love this 550Senta intro! 11:15 small turnouts. Smooth transitions medium EQ skills but sometimes too fast. 34:32 POWER! 36:30 OMG really BAD Transition WHY? All wrong Rayel + this track is really good. but too fast transition for him. Good tracks well known but I don't fell this flow... Bad transition for concrete angel. First part was better. Overall not so good But good track

78 Gab - EOYC 2012 Contest
This is TRANCE! massive music! i love uplifting. Good uplifting and good transitions. Good EQ skills. Smooth transitions. No mistakes. 39:40 CLASSIC. Cool SET. +++

79 I & H - EOYC 2012 Contest
140BPM UP YEAH! massive killer! phobia this is tune! but this transition not so good! last transition also not so good. too quiet. MIX REALLY POWERFULL! VER VERY GOOD ++

80 Kevin Schneider - EOYC 2012 Contest
relaxing music start really good, second half of set more powerful. good. BUT TRANSITIONS!!! ajajajaaj TURNOUTS! All time. and will be good mix but there is only MEDIUM very medium.

81 yURy - EOYC 2012 Contest
first MUSIC IDEAL FOR ME! But transitions!!! FIRST REALLY BAD! 13:00 track just finish. AND WHAT NOW MY ONE OF THE BEST TUNES EVER!!! From Somewhere! Thanks for this! I'm flying. 35:40 turnouts small but I hear this! 44:00 Very Bad Transition. MASSIVE Beautiful music, but music it's NOT enough in MIXES. Your technique very medium! It will be impressive mix but there is only MEDIUM...

82 Furqan - EOYC 2012 Contest
second TUNE WHOH CLASSIC! too long transitions you lose tempo. 17:25 / 31:06 turnouts. wow 33:30 really LOUD. Hmm this is not my genre of trance music. Set good but of course not very good 4 me.

83 Cloud 88 - EOYC 2012 Contest
1:34h ?! Looks like live set like ME. I hear all time turnouts? Why? Good music really good! And transitiosn 4 me sometimes too long, good but these turnouts :/ 25min really good song! if this was live set i understand these turnouts if no... but music really good. 1:08 to finish el clasico TIME, REALLY GOOD. Last track memories...

84 Fredstar Rocks - EOYC 2012 Contest
Strong mix. 11:34 too many NOISE! too many trebles! Good transitions maybe sometimes too loud! (trebleS) and sometimes too long. But good. 40:34 small turnouts... 44:04 specific transition by 4 me medium. 46:23 POWER!!! Transitions good but NOT PERFECT. Strong mix! and GOOD MIX!

85 Halfy - EOYC 2012 Contest
Second Chapter good tune! 23:01 / 29:13 too long transition 4 me. Coming Home! Massive! Well knows tunes good tunes. Good skills. No mistakes , no turnouts good mix! ++

86 Dawid Bielawski - EOYC 2012 Contest
warm-up progressive mix. Cool music! transitions: smooth long but not too long. Seond half faster. Sometimesvery small turnouts. very small but i hear them. Really good MIX! LIKE IT.

87 Kev Clerkin - EOYC 2012 Contest
really good sounds. 25:20 small turnouts between 2 tracks. 38.05 turnouts! but fixed! and MASSIVE TUNE! 38:45 THAT IS! POWER KILLER!!! sometimes I Hear small but i think this is LIVE SET. ?! If yes Small mistakes! REALLY GOOD MIX. ++

88 Da-Ruth Presents - EOYC 2012 Contest
MEGA MIX REALLY MEGA. Good music! great technique! Like megamix because I know how many works there is.! MASSIVE!. +++

89 John Feel - EOYC 2012 Contest
THIS IS MASSIVE MUSIC. Transitions good but... You play new track very quiet and BAMM loud. 15sek for transition for me too fast. But sometimes there is very good method! 27:50 exactly about this i write. but this is small mistake. 43:15 very small turnouts. very small. OH no these are not turnouts this is TRACK. SORRY! Good technique, small mistakes melodic MIX REALLY COOL! LIKE IT!

90 Mark Winstanley - EOYC 2012 Contest
relaxing first half mix! good music good smooth transitions but really too long 4 me You lose TEMPO previous track just finish and new track go too long. ALL TIME. and 18min small turnouts. Second half stronger! and better transitions not so long. Last transition look like track finish and new track go. Good music smooth but reallylong transitions. Good mix!

91 Sanyekk - EOYC 2012 Contest
WOW electro trance! Maybe not my Style but I also LIKE KILLER MIXES. 23:20 GOOD TUNE! So powerfull. 24:12 I hear turnouts. Small but there are! 33:40 good bassline! JEB JEB JEB! And second half also massive tech trance. 49:25 very small turnouts. But there is no problem. Indecent at the END! POWER KILLER. VERY VERY VERY GOOD MIX! ++

92 Tomexi - EOYC 2012 Contest
BEST OF THE BEST :p OF COURSE NOT :p LIVE SET!

93 Romeo - EOYC 2012 Contest
48min!? really good transitions maybe sometimes too long and too more trebles Music strong progressive. very good for warm-up. +

94 DJ Lab - EOYC 2012 Contest
34:41 ?! Good trance! But transitions only medium. Sometimes I hear smaller and bigger turnouts. Transitions too fast 4 me. And not so good EQ skills. But music Good Mix also!

95 Audioburst - EOYC 2012 Contest
Music hmmm. I don't fell it. But track not well known 24:30 MAssive TUNE. Transitions: all time i Hear small turnouts. smooth good but these turnouts... second half more power! good! better transitions. good mix really but these turnouts ~~~

96 Euphoric Nation - EOYC 2012 Contest
Strange MIX hmmm. Music not "me gusta" interesting transitions. not so fast not too long but i hear turnouts sometimes but there are. WOW 25:20 ELECTRO? hehe but good. 33:40 heh power. 51:00 JEB JEB JEB! club killer mix. not my music but good mix.

97 Carl van Gander - EOYC 2012 Contest
Relaxing start! smooth transitions in first half. 24:17 CLASSIC! 26:40 too quiet transition. 33:50 looks like small turnouts but This is Tiesto. He has really strange tunes for mixing. 41:04 medium transition (quiet). REALLY GOOD MIX. sometimes transitions too long. But a little. Good mix! LIKE IT!

98 Hazard - EOYC 2012 Contest
Fuckhouse THIS IS TUNE!!! too long transitions you lose TEMPO. but here there sounds good! 37:20 slow slow slow. 42:50 too long transition track almost finish RAMsterdam and I'm FLYING!!! and Bjoern no turnouts GOOD. Sometimes too LONG transitions 4 ME. VERY GOOD MIX VERY GOOD!

99 Westerman & Oostink - EOYC 2012 Contest
good bassline in set. Really good music! POwerful. 25min turnouts. good transitions but sometimes i Hear small turnouts. Nevermind. Techinque GOOD! Mix really good, so powerful I like it!

100 Number9 - EOYC 2012 Contest
Dubstep and Electro. of course not all time ;) I'm open for the new genres of trance. really good transitions. 34:30 small turnouts. Belter is so hard to mixing :/ but good transition. Last transition not so good, no trebles?! but MIX good STRONG. Maybe not my music but good!

GOODLUCK FOR EVERYONE!!! TRANCE WIN!!

More updated comments -- still planning to listen to them all!

35. DJ VERDASTRO - EOYC 2012

• Very massive type of sound right out of the gate - brings the air of peak time at big festivals to me. really enjoyed the back half with iRok and Belmont’s Revenge. I got more into that than the front, but I was rocking out in my chair doing D3 runs so good work!

36. DjJohn - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Your set didn’t do a whole lot for me mate. The mixes were nice and clean (even the cuts) which was excellent to hear. The mix around 18:30 though was a bit of a give me, simple crossfade. Good to see you mixing up styles, but that one was a bit simple and bland.. in fact, I felt the way it came across hurt the flow of the set.
  • I’ll say it again, there is no such thing as real trance. Its a very big genre, with good variety, some you like, some you don’t. The fact is, I see more than a fair share of uplifting fans complain about how “trance” has changed over the last 5 years. I’m saddened to see a genre growing and evolving is slammed by so many for it. Sure, not everything that comes out is great (a washed marketplace is the real blame for this), but the genre you love, or subgenre really, is still there. Who cares what people label it? Just love it and leave the rest where it is.

37. Andromedha - EOYC 2012 Contest

• The set was superbly mixed and really was a smooth listen. There was nothing technically wrong or anything, but I did admittedly find myself listening more to it as background sounds than as a radio show set that grabbed my attention. I can’t put my finger on why, but it may have been the similar sound throughout the set, though I do love the sound. The transition at about a quarter of the way through the set was neat, tidy, and grooved in all the right ways. I think the intro just kind of has a big lull in it, because the progress made later was really cool. Your set reminds me a lot of Mike Foyle and old Old Markus Schulz!

38. Replicate - EOYC 2012 Contest

• I can't say much about this one. Everything was just okay. The mixes themselves felt pretty clean, the track choices were okay but nothing stellar to me. I like “Let The Light Shine In” and “I’ll Listen” but they just feel kind of empty here for some reason. I wish I could say way to be honest, but I can’t. The set just kind of washes into the rest of the music landscape out there to me.

39. Gate of paradise - EOYC 2012 Contest

• The mix around 11:25 was very awkwardly timed. THe mix features pretty much all people I’ve never heard of, and while some tracks were nice, uplifting sadly leaves me wanting more 90% of the time. It comes across so samey for me. I don’t know. It was nice hearing things I don’t hear at all really, and it was cool to see you loving your sound and wanting to share it. Keep it up and work on clean mixes my friend!

40. Mannie Kumar - EOYC 2012

• Pretty opening track - if I recall correctly, that was a free track they gave away. Love the Federation inclusion (Ben Lost + Solarstone = WIN!). I really enjoyed the moodiness of your mix and found it to have a good consistent flow. I can see you are quite the fan of the Perfecto label, but I would have liked to see more labels represented as a whole. Keep up the good work!

41. Ayham52 - EOYC 2012

• Definitely energetic out of the gate! The front half of your set screams peak hour to me, which is cool. I see a lot of Armada in your mix, which is a bit disheartening, because I would have liked to hear a bit more variety of labels in a set – Armada just seems to be very same sounding these days as a whole. Beautiful choice in the Tenishia track! The only downside, really here, is that it all sounds like anyone else on Armada music right now. I would love to have heard more variety from smaller labels as a whole. You’ve got some great choices, but I need a bit more variety in the sounds. Keep growing! You’re mixes were fine, though there were times I felt myself drift before the drop.

42. Enlusion - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Nothing really caught me here. Decent set, but the mood never really drew me in, nor do I feel like the tracks were that great (personal opinion obviously). They just don’t strike me as that good, not that they’re bad or anything; they just catch me as ordinary. The mixing is well executed, though there are bits where levels get a little muddy. Nothing too bad, but still, could be better.

43. Curs3d - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Love the mellow intro! It’s very refreshing after hearing straight banging beats (even in my own sets) to start a set. With that said, make sure to use the real track next time and not the version off of ISOS with Glenn Morrison’s “Contact” mixed in. ;-) I’m glad someone else caught Red Violin – very obscure but amazingly emotional track in my opinion.
  • I really liked the mood and style in the mix, and my toes were tapping to it, but it also seemed to lack that grab and mystify me feeling. I guess one way to describe it is that I’d find myself swaying on a dance floor but not getting lost in the moment. Not sure that helps really. The transition around 28:00 felt a little bland and lost a bit of the flow.

44. Quji - EOYC 2012 Contest

• Very acoustic feeling introduction which feels VERY unique; only issue is that I wasn’t a fan of the song. The mixes come across as very static and you tend to lose momentum that a track builds in a set during them. This was very apparent around 11:00 into the set. Track selection overall was okay, but nothing really caught my ear in particular.

45. DJ Jayz - EOYC 2012 Contest

• That first mix could have been a little cleaner. It felt so unnatural. The mixes in general just didn’t strike me as the clean sound I’d expect to hear during this type of competition. There seemed to be a distinct lack of flow to the set as a whole, which tempted me to go on to the next set. Decent effort, but I think you can grow to be a better DJ still.

46. Cosmin Man - EOYC 2012 Contest

• I really liked the quirky opening track. I really enjoyed this set curse. You played plenty of track I had no clue of, lost me in the mindset of the mix, and really did an excellent job of providing mood, energy, and flow overall. Sure, I knew some of the tracks, and a couple were huge, but you provided a mix that looked through a number of crates. Good job mate!

poll open :)

May this year's result hopefully be more fair!
Here are some of my personal impressions.

Let's begin with the most negative thing about the 100 entries:
To be honest, I really don't know why some contestants don't use the established file hosting services.
I'm really sorry at this point, but there are a handful of 'undownloadable' mixtapes, so I won't even consider voting them.

Second of all, the most terrible sets were those who are strictly orientated towards commercial trance.
Many contestants just seem to copy the styles of Armin, Markus or A&B. In my opinion, that's not what this contest is all about.
I tried to listen to something fresh and unique. Plus, the mix has to be technically correct.
Then again, there has to be some kind of flow in the mix. Progression is what it's all about.

Enough said about the bad things, here are some positive impressions:
I especially liked the sets which are meant to introduce the listener with a promising vibe. The best sets are those ones that build up slowly and unleash the power at the end. These are my votes:

(03) - Alfurez
Very good track selection, interesting transitions, although I missed a bit more flow in this set. You could have chosen slower or minimalistic tracks at the very beginning. Nevertheless... this was uplifting at its best!

(12) - Distant Moon
Unique mixture of different trance sounds, picks up pace at the right moment. Melodic goodness! Plus, the selected vocal tunes do fit incredibly well. You really know how to compile a thrilling set! You've got my vote.

(23) - Kiddy
Blissful intro to say the least. Nice transition to the more uplifting and emotional part of the set. Sound lacks a bit of quality in terms of bitrate later in the mix, though. Decent amount of emotional trance at the end. This is exactly the feeling I want at the EOYC this time.

(25) - Voodoo Child

Congratulations! You REALLY REALLY deserve to get the top spot this year. My personal favourite of all the 100 contestants! PERFECT dark prog trance at the beginning, the buildup is immense! As if this wasn't just enough, you decided to put another icing on the cake which is your set by going back in time during the second half. Although this wouldn't fit the EOYC itself, I do count on you producing something like your personal favourites this year. Thanks for this well-spent one hour!

(37) - Andromedha
May be a bit too much shameless self-promotion. Nonetheless, you truly captured the essence of deep trance. It wouldn't be bad if you made your set more diverse with uplifting sounds at the end.

(38) - Replicate
This has to be the best intro out of all entries. The tracks selected could have been more smooth and delightful, but the buildup is made very well. Nice balance between more popular tunes and pretty unknown tracks!

(40) - Mannie Kumar
Truly uplifting set with a nice intro. This doesn't get boring at all - when compared to the dozens of other 'pure uplifting' sets. The track selection is just perfect! One of the best sets!

(44) - Quji
You would definitely belong to one of the examples why it's not exceptionally about TRANCE here on AH.fm, but also about PROGRESSIVE. Good to see influences from the deep and oldschool progressive side of house music! It doesn't always has to be the futuristic sounds you'll find on Beatport's top spots. Fantastic mixture!

(48) - Pulse Origin
We seriously need more Psy-Trance / Goa sets on this year's countdown. Thank you, Pulse Origin, for delivering the second best mix in here! Those mashups are incredible, by the way! You introduced me to next-level trance goodness.

(59) - Anton Karpoff
Among all those 'trouse' sets, yours is definitely the best. Nice vocal tunes! Transitions are flawless.

(64) - Bibhas
Precisely the best out of progressive and uplifting trance in one hour! Melodic and banging at the same time. You could have put more tracks in there, to be honest.

(97) - Carl van Gander
This one was very special! Gorgeous classics selected here. I'm not sure whether you could deliver one hour with 2012 tracks, because this is one of the reasons why EOYC exists. Good job, though!

I'd like to take a moment here, and thank everyone who did listen to my set and gave me a feedback, which i hope will help me in the future.

I would love to give some feedback as well, but unfortunately, had time to listen to around 30 of the submitted mixes. Rough time at university.

Anyway, voting is open, and good luck, all of you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back