EOYC 2012 Community Contest Rules, Info & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

64 Bibhas (59:56) - very energetic set! very good mixing and tracklisting.
Woah ! Thanks Alex, Im glad you liked my mixing, really appreciate it. But yes there's still room for much more improvement, as I have just started mixing tracks n making sets recently. I'm more of a producer actually ! I will try my level best to produce/mix more tunes in future ! Cheers. :super:

I still can participate or it's over? :o
Sadly it's over, Hassen. The dates to submit the sets were from 1-7 November but 100 submissions were received on the first day itself. Check the previos posts in this thread, there are some other groups who are accepting sets for the ah.fm eoyc airplay !
Goodluck mate !

Last Sunlight - great set all the time, amazing tracks you used
MiMaMix - very emotional indeed, not used to this but really massive set
Trancer - Very nice uplifting set
Tranzlift - very nice uplifting/emotional set indeed, nice to see some Bluemans productions in it but some buildups are really bad mixed
Kevin Schneider - as promised ive listened and im impressed, really great progressive set :) :) btw how old are these tracks, I only know the last one :)

Hi Again!!!

66 DJ Surfer (72:38) - woow! I think it's the most energetic set of EOYC 2012 Contest!
67 Gogy Di (59:26) - very good selection. But I think it's not good idea to increase tempo till 138 bpm (30:00) and then decrease it..
68 Bruno Alves (60:15) - not bad selection of progressive trance. Mixing is good.
69 Chaim Mankoff (59:44) - Great selection, but transitions are too fast.
70 Who Sam Van Rayes (61:18) - another progressive set. good one. I enjoyed.
71 Garami (59:27) - very smooth set. good selection, and flow is clear...
72 Darren Morfitt (62:04) - Perfect set for clubs!

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for listening our mix. Mix was mixed on last minute, so have some errors. If we will be in final part - we create a mix full of tranzLift unreleased production :) good luck to everyone, the best regards from Czech republic. Laucco/ChunKi.

Thank you to Everyone who listened my EOYC Contest mix & the good reviews!! Thank You World! From HUNGARY with LOVE!;):)

GARAMI

Is this thread's dead? I think it's not. let's continue.

73 Derek Reese (59:25) - totally liked your mixing abilities, flow, compilation.
74 Oguz Ton (58:54) - looks like Beatport top 10 trance chart....actually the set is not bad at all..
75 DJ Cesar (60:00) - very good mix, awesome symbiosis of progressive and uplifting and proglifting trance!
76 DJ iCORE (57:50) - there's a lot of well-known trance tunes. this is the only thing I don't like in this set.
77 Alexander Ivanov (65:35) - you chose very good tracks! Really thank you for this! but I had BSOD with every your transition. you should practice more to be a part of such contest as this.
78 Gab
(60:21) - is it your random 2011 mix? it doesn't matter. I love every second of this set!
79 I & H (59:27) - look above @ 78th set.
80 Kevin Schneider (60:30) - the mood o the set is good, tracks are very deep. but mixing...emmm..not bad, but i think it's too loud.

Last edited:
I'm gonna vote for my friend Mardouk Mou 'cos he paid me a some good money :mask::LMAO::LMAO::driver::drunk::lolz:

:D but srsly, his set is freaking massive, I hope he will win one of the slots /o/

Reposting some but here are the first 10 from me:

1. Metrostatic - EOYC 2012 Contest
· Grabbed my ear right from the start, flow worked out great, and the sounds were very diverse – Really enjoyed this set, although the Gareth Emery mix with Let It All Out was not really my taste. The set flowed well and kept me listening. The More Than Without You Mashup was really well done though! Good job!

2. Darxis - EOYC 2012 Contest
· Good start – plenty of energy right out of the gate, though I would have liked to hear something a bit more moody. Transitions need some work – as I had this great mood and then emptiness. You have good track selections, but the mixes don’t help them flow as a cohesive whole in my opinion.

3. Alfurez - EOYC 2012 Contest
· Mixes were fine, though there were a few hiccups I heard, but nothing major. Unfortunately, I felt like I heard a lot of these tracks this year, and in a variety of sets, and I was hoping to hear some more variety in sets here. Track selection and energy weren’t an issue, but the fact I’ve heard most of them repeatedly at festivals through the year made me draw back from the set. I didn’t feel like I heard YOU! Keep working at your sound – you’ve got plenty good at the technical bits.

4. Galin Rashkov - EOYC 2012 Contest
· A much mellower set opener than the 3 before you but none the less Trance! The mix as a whole seemed to lack overall identity to me. The tracks never really grabbed my ear too much until the end when the energy picked up. The vocal tracks really didn’t grab me much, but it was refreshing to hear tracks that we don’t hear all the time, so kudos to that!

5. April Elyse - EOYC 2012 Contest
· Loved the second track, which really grabbed me as I didn’t find the first vocal track that great personally. You do like your vocal trance though, that much is apparent. The set felt a bit safe, in that I didn’t really feel like it progressed that much from what it started sounding but I did enjoy parts of it. Your last mix seemed to drag on a little bit too long, but it worked alright, just be mindful of that in the future.

6. Lokki - EOYC 2012 Contest
· You have a very different sound than I usually listen to, which was a cool change of pace for me. The first track definitely wasn’t what I tend to listen to, and by the time your second came in I could tell the higher BPM range was where you are comfortable. It was a cool set, but not really my thing and felt a little flat in progression to me. Good effort and I can tell you love your sound!

7. Cold Rush - EOYC 2012 Contest
· You definitely provide us with a very different take on the genre, seemingly to really enjoy the piano based tracks. At least, that’s what really catches my ear in your set. The mix around 20:00 in the set really threw me and felt crazy overall. I’m not sure it works well… it just comes across as busy to me. I’m not really sure what else to say about this set. It just didn’t really leave me with an impact. Sorry mate, just being honest!

8. DJ K4N - EOYC 2012 Contest
· I can’t tell if this was already broadcast on AH.fm or not. If it was, it is a shame to the other contestants, because I thought the rules stated for a unique mix (at least, that’s how I saw it). If it wasn’t, why all the branding in the mix? Confusing submission.
· The mix does not really grab me. The tracks feel very flat in comparison to other submissions in my opinion. The mixes themselves are alright. The presence of so many classic tunes to me really just felt like a mad grab to get votes, more than the cohesion of your set. I don’t know really, but I just didn’t get pulled into your own “sound” and felt more like the approach was “let’s put some tunes out there to get airplay.” Maybe it is simplest to say the set lacks identity to me.

9. Agger - EOYC 2012 Contest
· A breath of fresh air to me in the mixes I’ve been listening to. The intro was neat and tidy, and the variety of labels you chose from good to hear. It definitely showed that you like a wide range of labels, styles within the genre, and artists.
· The mixing pace was quick, which was obvious when you listed your tracks. I did hear some key clashes due to this so be careful when break to break mixing. It becomes a bit more apparent as you force more and more mixes in the short time span. Overall, it was an interesting mix, but needs more finesse to its sound to be pulled off as a whole.

10. Enviate - EOYC 2012 Contest
· Starting with Art of Trance is a definite plus in my book, thought that happened to be one of the tracks that didn’t really impress me by him. You seemed to like the deep trance that I find it easy to get lost in which was excellent.
· I liked the progression and mood shifts a lot in the mix. The whole set felt thoughtful, and very well laid out as a whole. The two-step break was a HUGE surprise on the Great Divide Mashup.

80 Kevin Schneider (60:30) - the mood o the set is good, tracks are very deep. but mixing...emmm..not bad, but i think it's too loud.

Thank Alex for your kind words ! The mixing is really difficult in this set due to the different mastering of the tracks.

Kevin Schneider - as promised ive listened and im impressed, really great progressive set :) :) btw how old are these tracks, I only know the last one :)

Thanks Andrey. I selected tracks from 2007 - 2010 from my favourite producers during that time. This set is a little tribute to them.

got through 25-50 sets ... its getting better and better the higher i go up the list ...

today i download 50-75

Thanks Andrey. I selected tracks from 2007 - 2010 from my favourite producers during that time. This set is a little tribute to them.
Awesome mate, looking forward to hear more from you :) I also record some prog sets, mostly music is from mistique label, must say, alot of quality music I have found there.

Hi Again!!!

81 yURy (58:38) - you should work with your mixing. it's not very good. but everything else is ok!
82 Furqan Hameed (60:16) - I don't like the flow of the set. Downgrading from 136 bpm to 128 bpm - is not a good idea.
83 Cloud 88 (94:31) - I love classics. transitions are not so good sometimes. flow of the set is awesome!
84 Fredstar Rocks (60:56) - your technique is awesome, mate! flow is good enough. perfect for midnight club madness!
85 Halfy (61:42) - as great as 84th set. great continuing of previous set.
86 Dawid Bielawski (60:08) - in progress...
87 Kev Clerkin (60:00) - in progress...

i wanted to listen all the 100 contestants sets, and vote for all the uplifting set or good tech, classic and goa trance! but some of the uploaded set are in a shit host server, where i must wait after every! seriously i don't understand why peoples not uploading the sets for zippyshare where is possible to download more at the same time, or soundcloud where i could just listening at the site without download :hmmm:
now i will vote only for the familiar names about i already know they make a good show like tranzlift, sorry i don't have too much time for listening the sets especially with waiting for the download them! i even don't wanted to listening them from the start till the end every seconds at every sets as i don't have so much time, just listening few tracks for what kind of music is in the set and if it is good then i would mark those, i also don't care of the bad transitions, i'm not a dj but sure is not an easy thing to mixing a great uplifting tracks, not as the boring progressive where every beat and the tempo is the same there is not needed an extra work just put one track after another and it's done :)
and + with one thing would be easier the vote, if the dj would wrote what kind of set (uplifting tech goa or the boring progressive) he uploaded then i could select those what i want to listening and not wasting the time with any unenjoyable progressive "music"
thanks, hope next year it will be way so easier :beer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back