EOYC 2012 Community Contest Rules, Info & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please beloved participants, be creative this year. Last time i heard tons of uplifting trance sets with the same boring music. Also, i know it's hard, but don't vote for members because you like them or because he/she is popular. Listen to the sets and valorize hard work, creativity and flow.

Let's make EOYC better and better each year. It depends on you.
I agree, it would be better with some diversity, but we can't really force people to be so. Would love to hear some darker, more progressive sets from more unknown artists, but if people like uplifting, we can't really do much about it. I just hope people will play what they like and not just picks the Top 100 Chart on Beatport because those tracks are popular for some weird reason.

I agree, it would be better with some diversity, but we can't really force people to be so. Would love to hear some darker, more progressive sets from more unknown artists, but if people like uplifting, we can't really do much about it. I just hope people will play what they like and not just picks the Top 100 Chart on Beatport because those tracks are popular for some weird reason.
Yes plenty of good trance out there that are not necessarily released by known producers or labels, just need to dig deeper and actually spend time on those stores listening previews like in good old days :)

Yes plenty of good trance out there that are not necessarily released by known producers or labels, just need to dig deeper and actually spend time on those stores listening previews like in good old days :)
Exactly :)
Nothing's better than finding a lovely track after spending 2 hours on Beatport/Junodownload/Audiojelly etc :)

With all due respect, you can hear darker progressive stuff nearly 24/7 on here. What we need is uplifting trance. Much more of it. The more the better. There's plenty of good stuff around and it needs to be played. Again with all due respect, the progressive stuff bores me to death. Most of it is dull, unhappy music, same sounds all the time, and at times little more than noise.

With all due respect, you can hear darker progressive stuff nearly 24/7 on here. What we need is uplifting trance. Much more of it. The more the better. There's plenty of good stuff around and it needs to be played. Again with all due respect, the progressive stuff bores me to death. Most of it is dull, unhappy music, same sounds all the time, and at times little more than noise.
With all due respect, right back at ya, the dark progressive stuff I'm talking about is not to be found here. I agree uplifting is a dying art here, but last year we almost got to many uplifting sets during EOYC from the members. I'm definitely not talking about Cosmic Gate, Arty and so on, I'm talking about much darker, heavier stuff, but I know that's too far-stretching.
It's fair enough you have that point of view, I currently think the same as that about almost all uplifting trance at the moment, but maybe that'll change in the future :smile:
But let's not talk more about that here, let's just have fun! :)

Agreed mate, we could use some proper deep progressive trance, like Timewave´s or Deep Soul Duo´s :) I listen to both uplifting and deep progressive and I think they can be also combined here on AH.FM

Last edited:
Please beloved participants, be creative this year. Last time i heard tons of uplifting trance sets with the same boring music. Also, i know it's hard, but don't vote for members because you like them or because he/she is popular. Listen to the sets and valorize hard work, creativity and flow.

Let's make EOYC better and better each year. It depends on you.

speaking of this, you get some good point. It would be nice if the requirement also include tech-trance (Mental Asylum stuff from Indecent Noise) , it will make the contests more vivid :)

With all due respect, about the tons of uplifting trance, we can not control of other DJs choices, if that's what they like uplifting trance. Same thing apply for me on progressive trance, it sounds bored, but if the DJs like it... I won't judge them cause this is their personality!

Last edited:
First time here... listened to AH.FM alot. Someone told me about this contest so I thought.. why not enter :)
Just finished mixing , I will upload it thursday and I hope you guys will listen to it.

Cheers from Holland !

Dark progressive sounds u said? U can count on me ;) this is the 1st time im participating, good luck every1 & cheers ;)

Dark progressive sounds u said? U can count on me ;) this is the 1st time im participating, good luck every1 & cheers ;)

I've done a mix which includes dark progressive, uplifting, tech trance and some Mental Asylum staff :D

Can we post the tracklist as well with the download links?

I've done a mix which includes dark progressive, uplifting, tech trance and some Mental Asylum staff :D
nice variety, looking 4ward 2 hear it then;)

yes ofcourse you can :) check threads from past eoyc contests :)

First time here... listened to AH.FM alot. Someone told me about this contest so I thought.. why not enter :)
Just finished mixing , I will upload it thursday and I hope you guys will listen to it.

Cheers from Holland !

good luck :)

First time entry here =) I was asked by a good friend to definitely go for it. So again good luck to everyone. Those looking for a uplifting sound you can count on me. Just one quick question? Can we post Soundcloud link with download?

I hope to win a slot fot the 3rd time in a row!:grinning2:

Ahhh finally \o/ Just finished uploading my set :0 30 min of progressive, and 30 min of uplifting and tech. I hope that you will enjoy it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back