EOYC 2012 Community Contest Rules, Info & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, you can hear darker progressive stuff nearly 24/7 on here. What we need is uplifting trance. Much more of it. The more the better. There's plenty of good stuff around and it needs to be played. Again with all due respect, the progressive stuff bores me to death. Most of it is dull, unhappy music, same sounds all the time, and at times little more than noise.

Many of the contestants will bring you some uplift, myself included ;) Stay tuned for our sets :)

Last edited:
Hello everybody,
up to now I've been a passive listener on ah.fm but I've just registered to take part on this contest. Upload is currently running.
Would it be ok if I also upload my set to mixcloud?

Very excited now that so many people eagerly await the opening of the submission phase!
It's gonna be a fantastic EOYC once again and this time, like Katadunkass and several others already said, I hope there will be more variety in trance - something "outside the boundaries"! Let it be crazy uplifting / tech mixes, crushing progressive house sets, psy-influenced mixtapes or even anything much more different from the usual trance sound. Only this would make every single set worth a listen and all of those great tracks released in 2012 will somehow be featured.

Same as last year, I'll also be participating in the contest under my alias "ENVIATE".
If you share these thoughts by chance, I would really like to introduce you to a fairly new style of trance which I've not seen a single set of ever before. Allow yourself a one-hour dive into an innovative, yet so familiar universe of music! Thanks so much for considering voting for this mixtape. The direct link to downloads listed in the poll topic will appear soon.

Good luck everyone!

Forum is extremely slow at the moment but I managed to post my set.

good luck to all... im slowly updating all sets and names and will put in main post of that contest thread for easy access and download.

were at 34 sets so far ... keep em coming

were at 34 sets so far ... keep em coming

Hi Dan, just watch the growing list and found MiMaMix twice there at 15 and 17. Like to be there 2 times, but maybe one guy is missing then? :grinning:

Manage to post my set! Good luck to everyone involved :).

With all due respect, you can hear darker progressive stuff nearly 24/7 on here. What we need is uplifting trance. Much more of it. The more the better. There's plenty of good stuff around and it needs to be played. Again with all due respect, the progressive stuff bores me to death. Most of it is dull, unhappy music, same sounds all the time, and at times little more than noise.

:bravo::grinning: :thankyou: I would post more icons but you get the point. I couldn't have said it better myself. But, this is where Trance shows it's diversity. There are so many endless variety and mixes that can be made from just one genera. Uplifting Trance will always remain #1 in my book though so keep an eye out for my mix :music:

Good luck to everyone, who entered and will enter the contest, ive been watching some posts and tracklist, think it will be awesome :) True uplifting still lives!
Still Im missing some real deep progressive trance here, but I understand no one is listening to this or just few of you. Next year I will definetly record some deep prog set for sure ;)

I probably won't have time to prepare something decent before the 100th spot is taken. I'll try but that'll be tough. And anyhow, good luck to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back