EOYC 2016 Community Contest Main Thread

Mysteryos I appreciate your feedback on my set. I'd like you to note I did also mix this live on my Mixtrack Pro. Uplifting is what I live for and I looking more at taking the listeners on a journey rather than playing what everyone expects to hear. I admit I am not the proudest of my transitions in this set, but I learned about the contest late and how it could potentially fill up in minutes, which only stressed me out even more. That being said, I have spent hours figuring out how to smooth out and make the transitions better. It'll only be up and out from here.

Last edited:
Maarten Metz

"A step back into the recent years. Reminiscence of these melodies are a joy to listen to for those who remember the great times and get nostalgic of the years gone by. Lovely mix".

Thank you so much Mysteryos for your positive opinion!!!! :) :thankyou:

I love older Coldharbour's climates! :wub::music::wub:

They are real fans of Coldharobour's style here?? :)

:love:Maarten Metz - EOYC 2016 Contest:love:

Tracklist:

1. Rex Mundi - Opera Of Northern Ocean (Original Mix) [Coldharbour Recordings]
2. Markus Schulz feat. Ana Diaz - Nothing Without Me (Markus Schulz Return To Coldharbour Remix) [Armada Music Bundles]
3. Holbrook & SkyKeeper - Mistigris (Original Mix) [In Sessions Recordings]
4. Tucandeo - C.T.U. (Original Mix) [Afterglow Records]
5. Markus Schulz Justine Suissa - Perception (Wellenrausch's Dark Matter Remix) [CDR]
6. Tucandeo ft. Sopheary - Let Me In (Original Mix) [In Sessions Recordings]
7. Naden - Sentience (Original Mix) [Enhanced Progressive]
8. Beat Service - Fortuna (Original Mix) [Coldharbour Recordings]
9. Holbrook & SkyKeeper - Fire Walk With Me (Original Mix) [In Sessions Recordings]
10. Digital X - Stealth (Original Mix) [Coldharbour Recordings]
11. Beat Service - Aurora (Original Mix) [Beat Service Audio]
12. Nifra - Dark Harbour (Original Mix) [Coldharbour Recordings]

@Mysteryos thank for your feedback. I have to say that I'm really really happy right now after reading such words :) As for my mix, I always pay a lot of attention to transitions and overall 'flow' of the set. It has to be like a journey through sounds which fuels you with positive energy that you can feel inside you. I hope I have achieved that with this mix.

Good to know someone here actually cares about mix quality :whistle:

@Warmonger when I was preparing my mix I I had to start again 5 times because I wasn't satisfied with the end result or how the set was progressing. I don't know why but for me when I do something I have to give everything I got. There is no other way for me and quality is one of my priorities.

DSI - EOYC 2016 Contest (Back to 10 years ago - Classic mix of best tracks 2006)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/a53p1g

01. 4 Strings feat. Tina Cousins - Curious
02. Who's Who - Sexy ****
03. DT8 Project feat. Andrea Britton - Hold Me Till The End
04. Planet Funk - Chase The Sun [Vardran Bootleg]
05. Cosmic Gate - Should Have Known
06. Alex Morph and Rank 1 - Life Less Ordinary
07. Aly & Fila - Thebes [Vadim Zhukov Remix]
08. Gabriel & Dresden - Let Go
09. KLF - What Time Is Love [Antidote Inspired Mix]
10. Deep Dish - Dreams [Axwell Remix]
11. Andy Moor Vs. Orkidea - YearZero
12. Falkon and Nebula feat. Sasja - So Lost [Under Sun Remix]
13. S.O. Project - Direct Dizko [Sander van Doorn Remix]
14. Super8 vs Dj Tab - Helsinki Scorchin
15. Opus III - It's A Fine Day [Leon Bolier Remix]
16. Cosmic Gate - Analog Feel
17. Armin van Buuren vs Rank 1 feat. Kush - This World Is Watching Me
18. Above And Beyond - Cant Sleep [Maori Remix]
19. Kyau vs. Albert - Are You Fine [Vardran Remix]
20. Akira - Million Miles From Home [Central Seven vs Soultrain Remix]
21. Lange Vs Gareth Emery - Another You Another Me
22. Ronski Speed - The Space We Are
23. Above And Beyond - World On Fire
24. Paul Oakenfold feat. Brittany Murphy - Faster Kill Pussycat [Nat Monday Mix]
25. Abstract Vision - Northern Sea
26. Ronski Speed with Stoneface and Terminal - Incognition
27. Bomfunk MC's - Freestyler [DSI vs Starkillers Mashup]

Listen: https://yadi.sk/d/-x6Z1TrRyoLto

Last edited:
awesome job as always those guys feel the trance

Sander van torn
Trancecoult
Maarten metz
Alfurez
Jezdom
Denis kondratovich
Kiddy

almost finish listen all sets so sad for me i am late for be part of this event

Sander van torn
Trancecoult
Maarten metz
Alfurez
Jezdom
Denis kondratovich
Kiddy

Thanks mate!! glad you liked my mix :grinning:
be safe!

btw: I almost finish listen all sets, guys, you did a great job, it's going to be very complicated to vote...

Sander van torn
Trancecoult
Maarten metz
Alfurez
Jezdom
Denis kondratovich
Kiddy

Big thanks Djtoten!!! :)

Come on people, make EOYC great again!

cd21-62f7-450f-b494-3f02908b7c9c.png

Sander van torn
Trancecoult
Maarten metz
Alfurez
Jezdom
Denis kondratovich
Kiddy

oh, big thanks, mate! I hope you will try next year!

Sander van torn
Trancecoult
Maarten metz
Alfurez
Jezdom
Denis kondratovich
Kiddy

Thank You very much, bro!!!

Sander van torn
Trancecoult
Maarten metz
Alfurez
Jezdom
Denis kondratovich
Kiddy

Thanks mate! :)

Reviews - Part 2

Addicted23

Good tracklist of uplifting tunes. The mixing has to come a long way to actually impress though.

Arjan

One special snowflake. Amazing mega mix with lots of vocals and good vibes to behold.

Ban-Dee

Dark tunes, ala coldhabour style. As for the quality, everything is on point. From mastering to sustaining energy, with harmonic transitions, this mix is a pleasure to listen to when the party mood is on.

Benny McShane

Stepping back in time with the modern classics. Awesome mix for a chill afternoon on the beach.

Chris Arkenston

Mixing is about keeping the energy flowing and the interest of the listener growing. This uplifting mix drops too much energy during the transitions, and as such, needs reworking.

Dan Audley

Top notch uplifting mix with all the tracks that hit in the right spot for an energizing experience.

Daniel Rusher

This uplifting mix needs a lot of rework. Keep mixing away and you'll have a great contender for the next year's contest.

Dj Palladium

Hard psy mix with fast-paced transitions and loud tunes. The quality is on point and fans of the genre will definitely appreciate this mix.

DJJohn

Uplifting mix, done live. Whilst i don't object to the affinities of a live mix, something has to be said about missing the beat-matching transitions with no corrections in between to make the two tracks sync.

Evalion

Professional uplifting mix with transitions and volume levels being on point throughout the whole duration. If i had to nitpit, the vocal intro dragged on a tad much. Other than that, it's an amazing listen.

Helter

Great mix with melodic tunes reminiscent of summer. Impressive track selection and diversity.

INexPA

One big mega mix. The tunes fit very well with each other and the diversity is very much appreciated. Can't wait for your take on the tunes of the current year.

Lev Kitkin

Awesome mix of psy trance. Flowing energy, harmonic tracklist and great transitions are constantly highlighted during the mix. Another one to add to my collection.

Lokki

Driving dark psy mix. Lots of energy to behold. Great listen before heading to the club.

Lucas

Classic mix with a few of my favorite tunes. Great quality, and can be further improved by reviewing those transitions where the mids are over-compressed.

Mark Winstanley

Classic mix with a lot of focus on the thumping bass. Loved it.

NapTooR

Uplifted to the next dimension with all the old goodies. Great Mix.

Next

Amazing chill mix for those nights where you feel like taking in the deep silence with a euphoric feel. Delightfully surprised by the tracklist.

Przemyslav Yous

Awesome mix with a variety of tunes and great signature melodies. Might want to improve on that last transition.

S.K.Y

Great dark psy mix with all the right tunes. Wish the BPM was increased to get that driving energy going.

Trancer

Top notch uplifting live mix. Pleasantly surprised with the quality and tracklist

Vladmir Tyurin

Great live balaeric mix. The tracks are on point at each turn to bring the blissful feelings to life. As a whole, the intro and the outro are well planned, which increases the cohension of the mix. Definitely a keeper in my library.
Vladislav M

That one corrupted archive. Wish i could listen to your mix, mate.

Vlado

This mix had my feelings all over the place. The transitions are so much louder than the tracks themselves; therefore, it needs more polish to transform it into a great contender to the contest.

Thank you very much Mysteryos, glad you liked my set :smile: :)

Back