EOYC 2016 Community Contest Main Thread

its not unhappy ( :( ) but unsure ( :unsure: ) yes Darren explained what i thought, thanks also for your extra work to sound it more quality :)

Hey, you take back in the selection of mixes, or no longer

Hello, you take back in the selection of mixes, or no longer?

I understand, but all the same if I give you a set, you can check out, I do not think that I break your selection mode

I understand, but all the same if I give you a set, you can check out, I do not think that I break your selection mode
you can post it here of course i'm not against if you prepared for the contest but didn't made it in time, thread is closed now and the poll will be made only with those dj names :)

Mister Ryos
much technoise in this also :(

Thanks for the review mate :). My set focuses on diversity over conformity, since at least 50% of the sets entered in the contest are uplifting ones.

thanks for the feedback, this is my first contest, I am very happy that my mix was, I wish you all good luck

Listen Victor Special set, really using unfamous uplifting trance tracks, unique set. Yeah, Pure Energy (reminded TrancEye sets)

Listen Victor Special set, really using unfamous uplifting trance tracks, unique set. Yeah, Pure Energy (reminded TrancEye sets)

Thank you ! My radio show is based on the use of trans unknown or little-known tracks from the young performers ... this is its uniqueness!

Reviews - Part 1

Hey guys, i'm back with a couple of reviews on the sets in the contest. Without further ado:

Tarvali
Uplifting is the key nature of this mix. Whilst the tracklist is amazing and the tracks span across the years, the transitions could use some improvement. Overall, the energy of the mix is preserved, which is most appreciated.

Gab
Uplifted tunes. Tracks are mixed in key, which creates a smooth listening experience. Most transitions are noted to have a slight loss in bass. This mix has the potential to enter my library of classics, should the mastering be redone.

H5
Classic mix of classics. Seamless transitions and mastery of energy throughout this listening experience makes it a must have in my library

TranceCoult
Uplifting tracks are on point in the mix, with lots of energy to behold which i love. The limiter, however, cuts through the transitions like a hot knife through butter. On a final note, it's great to hear some of the past uplifting tunes, especially "coming home (arctic moon remix)" into "road of revolution". The chills.

Maarten Metz
A step back into the recent years. Reminiscence of these melodies are a joy to listen to for those who remember the great times and get nostalgic of the years gone by. Lovely mix.

Liftburg
Whilst i enjoyed discovering some tunes, the transitions are all in the same fashion, making the mix predictable. Get some diversity in there. Let it flow.

DJ CHETXU
Awesome uplifting mix. The transitions are nicely done, which came at a surprise, when i noticed that this mix was done live. Another one that goes into my library.

Cj Mover
Track selection is on point. The mix is over-compressed during some transitions at start, causing noticeable loss in bass . On the plus side, It gets better in the second half. So, keep listening till the end and this mix may surprise you.

Wojtaszy
The psy mix with a touch of uplifting. Transitions are a bit iffy. Other than that, i loved the end of the mix where it transitions into the classic tunes. Great work on the tracklist.

Alfurez
Great uplifting choice of tracks. Transition are a bit rough sometimes. With more polish, it'll become one hell of a mix.

More to follow soon. :music:

Wojtaszy

The psy mix with a touch of uplifting. Transitions are a bit iffy. Other than that, i loved the end of the mix where it transitions into the classic tunes. Great work on the tracklist.

Cheers mate!! Every feedback is a good feedback ;) On my defense according to iffiness (is that even a word ?? :D) - haven't got time to prepare anything special for the contest. This set is some random mixing made about half a year ago, I guess. Pure freestyle ;D

Back