New DJ Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The culture DJing becomes far from an ideal. It seems, that in the near future people will use only one computers during mixing/play. Though computer/digital systems of processing make sound more attractive, process turns from initial to data of loops or cuts, imposing of effects with prepared presets, that seriously changes all technics of data incorporated on years. Progress is inevitable, but the choice all remains for you;)

Am I allowed to use Serato ScratchLIVE (via timecode-vinyl) to play digital releases in a "hardware-only" contest? I do not have CD players, so that would be great, as more and more great tunes are not being released on vinyl at all any more :(

Am I allowed to use Serato ScratchLIVE (via timecode-vinyl) to play digital releases in a "hardware-only" contest? I do not have CD players, so that would be great, as more and more great tunes are not being released on vinyl at all any more :(

yes most definitely, serato/final scratch is fine :)

I'm having a suggestion to make.

As a DJ requires feedback (as stated e.g. in the Livesets board), and as the staff members listen to all the participating livesets, I would appreciate very much to have a few words as feedback from the jury. In fact, they are listening to anonymized files, so feedback will be anonymous as well, and only the "distributor" of the files will know which feedback to send to which participiant afterwards.

I think it would be great to see the jury's votes (anonymized from the other side, as well, i.e., without names of the particular staff members, of course) and maybe some additional comments... would you regard this possible?

Last edited:
I'm having a suggestion to make.

As a DJ requires feedback (as stated e.g. in the Livesets board), and as the staff members listen to all the participating livesets, I would appreciate very much to have a few words as feedback from the jury. In fact, they are listening to anonymized files, so feedback will be anonymous as well, and only the "distributor" of the files will know which feedback to send to which participiant afterwards.

I think it would be great to see the jury's votes (anonymized from the other side, as well, i.e., without names of the particular staff members, of course) and maybe some additional comments... would you regard this possible?

should be doable... we'll try to come up with a way that works best for all for next month, for this month we can post some of the votes/comments once the voting is over.

Is allowed to mix with Virtual DJ (software) with a mixer ??

Is allowed to mix with Virtual DJ (software) with a mixer ??

with current rules, it won't be in a month with a regular (hardware only) contest.

the response to this month's call for software sets was far less than expected, only a handful of software sets came in and the majority still was done with hardware, so it's still uncertain what will happen to this rule...

with current rules, it won't be in a month with a regular (hardware only) contest.

the response to this month's call for software sets was far less than expected, only a handful of software sets came in and the majority still was done with hardware, so it's still uncertain what will happen to this rule...

hmm, i could be one more, awaiting my cd decks in few months maybe...

Interesting indeed but its cool to see that people are sticking with their tables

It'd be great if you allow software mixes next month again...
I've read general rules, made a mix and found out that software was allowed only when I was posting it. My fault, of course, but still I'd like to make another one next month and it'll definitely be software if it's allowed :bounce: :mml:

Thanks.

I would also like to submit a mix this month but can only use software, has any decision been made about this month,?

I will also take a part in, probably in April 2008 :)

updated the rules a bit. added the clause for software mixed sets in, also added details about hardware fx devices and put the 10-set limit in.

Record my set soon, going to give it a bash. When is the closing date?

I will be submitting for the August Contest....bring on the energy!!! :mml:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back