Official New Users Thread !! say hello

Hello!

My name is Sheena. Married. Canadian. A trance addict!

I just needed to tell everyone that I am enjoying this station!

xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox

I checked your site... I dunno of anyone else but I think you are extremely beautiful :wow::wub:
Anyway welcome to the channel :super: the best radio on earth :loveah:

Hello from Tampa, Florida, USA!

Been music love/trance addict since i was about 14 (more serious then anyway), been into mixing since i was about 16 started with first version of traktor! still using it today with my current gear etc! Im 24, and had been checking this site out since the very beginning, now that im not as busy as i used to be im checking this out a lot more and have signed up!

hello Gracie! welcome <3

Hello everyone . My name is Kris I'm 20 years old. I'm young producer and remixer . I'd like good music (trance lover), fast cars, beauty woman's. I learn in high scool. I become from Poland. I live in Głogów.

Regards, Kris van Drinken

P.S
Sorry about my english.

Hi there,

I'm 18 years old, from the Netherlands, studying Industrial Engineering and Management at the university of Groningen. The sport I play is waterpolo. I have made a habbit out of falling in love with girls I can hardly get (already have a boyfriend/live too far away/sometimes, how incredible it may sound, they just don't like me as a boyfriend) ^^ I've been listening to AH.fm for a month or so now but I never really did anything with the forum (busy life...). But now I thought, what the heck :D I currently live in area of the NL where trance is as alive as my great-grandmother, but I do want to DJ for a live audience at least once. I'm currently playing around with Ableton, practicing my beatmatching ear ;) But I'd rather DJ 'live' because that's the only way to really feel the mood you're creating yourself. Thus, I'm getting myself Traktor 3 and a behringer bcd 2/3000 (doesn't really matter that much), and a good headphone ;) And who knows, maybe I'll get a set up here :) By the way, I play mostly trance, with a decent amount of proggy trance, but a Deadmau5 track or something might sneak into one of my sets once in a while too ^^
Besides that I'm playing around with FL studio (a 'demo' version for now) but I'm also looking at other production programs because I'm not really satisfied with the lack of freedom in arranging.

That's all there is to say I guess ;) Oh, and I have a small question: Is there a place where I can find tracklists of current shows? Because I hear songs I like quite often but I can never find tracklists. And after the show it's very hard to remember between which songs or at which moment the song I liked was played :S I hope someone can help me with that.

Eh, and something else: Lots of emo's are missing here, hehe.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I'm 18 years old, from the Netherlands, studying Industrial Engineering and Management at the university of Groningen. The sport I play is waterpolo. I have made a habbit out of falling in love with girls I can hardly get (already have a boyfriend/live too far away/sometimes, how incredible it may sound, they just don't like me as a boyfriend) ^^ I've been listening to AH.fm for a month or so now but I never really did anything with the forum (busy life...). But now I thought, what the heck :D I currently live in area of the NL where trance is as alive as my great-grandmother, but I do want to DJ for a live audience at least once. I'm currently playing around with Ableton, practicing my beatmatching ear ;) But I'd rather DJ 'live' because that's the only way to really feel the mood you're creating yourself. Thus, I'm getting myself Traktor 3 and a behringer bcd 2/3000 (doesn't really matter that much), and a good headphone ;) And who knows, maybe I'll get a set up here :) By the way, I play mostly trance, with a decent amount of proggy trance, but a Deadmau5 track or something might sneak into one of my sets once in a while too ^^
Besides that I'm playing around with FL studio (a 'demo' version for now) but I'm also looking at other production programs because I'm not really satisfied with the lack of freedom in arranging.

That's all there is to say I guess ;) Oh, and I have a small question: Is there a place where I can find tracklists of current shows? Because I hear songs I like quite often but I can never find tracklists. And after the show it's very hard to remember between which songs or at which moment the song I liked was played :S I hope someone can help me with that.

Eh, and something else: Lot's of emo's are missing here, hehe.

:welcome: to Afterhours mate, for your question in regards to finding tracklists, they are all located in the Livesets @ AH.FM forum... all shows go there daily and djs post tracklists during or after their show.

let all your friends know about AH :)

Hi there,

Eh, and something else: Lot's of emo's are missing here, hehe.

:welcome::welcome: and hope u enjoy and share with us your sets and productions!!!!

:) :) :) :loveah:

Morning everyone! :)
I'm new to the AH forums, although I've listened to the tunes before! :choon:
Spent a lot of time browsing yesterday for during UKITM, so thought it was only right to go all the way....:super:

First started listening after Lazarus told me about the site and keep popping back for my trance fix.

And while I think about it, thanks Dan for having me on UKITM. All good!

:loveah:

Spent a lot of time browsing yesterday for during UKITM, so thought it was only right to go all the way....:super:

First started listening after Lazarus told me about the site and keep popping back for my trance fix.

hey Phil! welcome :welcome: it's soooooo goood to have you here ! hope you enjoy your stay
\o/

Good to have you aboard, my good man :loveah:

:welcome: Phil!

Hi there,

Eh, and something else: Lots of emo's are missing here, hehe.

ALEX E in the house

another trancefix member!!!
good to see you m8 - catchya around;)

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum but certainly not new to the site! I love listening to the shows on this station and I think it's really great! About me, I'm a DJ from California in the United States. I have been DJ'ing since I was 13 and I'm 22 now so I guess that makes me an old fart when it comes to DJ'ing! I love all EDM music and also all music outside of the EDM genres. Music is a universal language and makes the world go 'round! I also am starting to produce my own tracks and I'm still learning a lot about producing right now. My favorite style of music to play is Trance and Progressive but I also enjoy putting Electro and House tracks to keep my mixes as diverse as possible. A quote I really enjoy and really follow is "Don't be a prisoner to your own style" - Armin van Buuren. It's really true because true music lovers won't stick to one genre! I believe in diversity in music and that's what keeps everything so interesting. Something random, I really love New Castle Beer and I think the invention of Serato Scratch Live really saved my back these past few years in DJ'ing. No more carrying 100 pounds of records! There really is a DJ god for equipment!

- Ryan

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum but certainly not new to the site! I love listening to the shows on this station and I think it's really great! About me, I'm a DJ from California in the United States. I have been DJ'ing since I was 13 and I'm 22 now so I guess that makes me an old fart when it comes to DJ'ing! I love all EDM music and also all music outside of the EDM genres. Music is a universal language and makes the world go 'round! I also am starting to produce my own tracks and I'm still learning a lot about producing right now. My favorite style of music to play is Trance and Progressive but I also enjoy putting Electro and House tracks to keep my mixes as diverse as possible. A quote I really enjoy and really follow is "Don't be a prisoner to your own style" - Armin van Buuren. It's really true because true music lovers won't stick to one genre! I believe in diversity in music and that's what keeps everything so interesting. Something random, I really love New Castle Beer and I think the invention of Serato Scratch Live really saved my back these past few years in DJ'ing. No more carrying 100 pounds of records! There really is a DJ god for equipment!

- Ryan

hello there and :welcome: to this community friend, hope you enjoy it and tell al lyour friends about us.

I actually missed this thread... :) Well, I'm also saying 'Welcome!' to everyone new to this place (and guys, don't hesitate joining the discussion) and will say a couple of words about myself, as I never introduced myself formerly though being a part of the community for the last few days.
Having registered in the mid of the summer, I left my first post on the forum only 3 days ago thanks to Ian Holing who posted info about his show anniversary on trance.nu forums, so I surfed here to listen to his show and eventually joined all the process. Now I'm here having more posts than @ trance.nu for half of the year. :smile1:

As someone might already know, I'm a native russian, the Novosibirsk city. It's actually the deep of Siberia, and formally its capital, so the weather is cool here as you might know. I'm into trance since around 2000-2001, started as most of you with generic progressive trance, then switched to uplifting (as the scene itself actually switched to it) and now climbed down to such a unique and rare thing today as deep tech-trance which is currently not played by even a single dj I know (at least by "top" ones) as being too hard and underground. I don't actually mean I discard uplifting trance. I still listen to it, and even include it into my sets as there are sometimes some quality tracks appear on the scene, however it's not my core, as uplifting trance is becoming a mainstream music with every day. I'm a highly devoted person in fact especially when it comes to trance music. I treat critically to any production and reckon that lot of people who chose trance are still mistaken or novice when it comes to analyzing it and particularly to the dj sets. I can't stand against tendence that people aspire to mix as much new stuff as possible whatever good or bad it was. Overwhelming amount of the new shows that have been established for the last year are similar like mirror reflections, most of these guys try to observe ASOT goals - to play latest tunes without caring about own style, musical form or any other thing that would make one's show distinctive compared to other shows.
So I wish DJs here at ah.fm to develop or keep developing one's own style, putting one's soul into their works to make their listeners want to hear their sets once again, not just playing tracks they heard in the recent radioshow.

Well, now I introduced myself, too. :)

Last edited:

Back