What do you hate about trance?

While most of the time I just listen to AH, what Sunny says is just common sense. It's not quite what she hates about trance... more about what she hates about not being able to find the ID of the tracks she likes. But it's a good point. If you're a DJ you should know what song you're playing. I mean I could run a set with all my old unnamed trance tracks and pretend to be a DJ... but most DJ's in the real world know what they're playing.

Man when I started this thread I never expected it to last this long... 156 posts haha :rofl:

Sunny Is a he:p:):hug:

Last edited:
What I am currently hating about trance or indeed any music on here are the djs who do not post a tracklist. Posting a tracklist is very simple, you can either be here to do it, or ask somebody else to do it for you or can leave it on the first page or leave a message saying that your going to post it the next day. Not leaving a tracklist is very discourteous to the listener because it leaves them in the dark as to whats going on. Radio is different to playing live. the forums are interactive. People want to know whats going on. Not having a tracklist also sets a bad impression to new users who wonder where the tracklist is and somebody has to explain to them that the dj can't be bothered to do it. Not good.

I have also noticed one or two people posting sets in the producers corner are asking people to download sets that don't have a tracklist. Again not good. I'm certainly not going to be downloading music when I don't know what it is. Saying Enjoy or Just Listen is not a smart idea imo.

Another thing, djs forgetting to download their sets. What the hell is that about? Don't they have a schedule or a diary. How can they forget? Do they forget to go to a gig? Imagine what a promoter would think if you didnt turn up at a gig and explained to him that oh you forgot. Its the same here. People are expecting to hear the sets that are listed. Saying you forgot to download is ridiculous and doesn't say much for the dj other than he/she obviously doesn't care enough for it to matter.

+1 Sunny

the dj's should put their eyes on Marcus Schossow, last show of him he was out in Dubai and he recorded the set at the hotel room and he uploaded the set, so the show was not missed, so telling was out or busy is not excuse, if they are out they can do what Marcus Schossow did, all hotels nowadays have internet, so it's easy to upload the show, from anywhere in the world.

My opinion

What I hate about trance music is that it's not generally appreciated more in my real life community. Few people know what trance music is, and if they heard about it before, they automatically see it as "techno". But I greatly dislike techno music.

I always hope to find some people in my surroundings that have the same passion for trance like me. Except for my brother I have not met anyone yet ... (and that for Belgium!!)

i deffenetly hate elements of 'farting bass' in today's Trance,:) and off cours elements of minimal in it:(..plus 'chessy vocals'ok I don't hate vocals all the time,but I deffenetly prefer uplifting, and deep energetic, maybe eaven entrancing, and hard Trance,...

Back