29-01-2009 Deja Vu 002

which sets did you enjoy?

• Total voters
Hey Vicky
Can't wait for your selection here @ DejaVU :music:
And btw very nice avatar :wink:

Good morning! :)
I'm gonna make you feel really old and say I only know two of the tracks you've played so far! haha. I was only 9 in 1993 and mostly listening to Snap! and Culture Beat! :lol:

this is not my set but i guess you have messed up a bit the quote's am i right?:P

i was like 11 years old back at 1993 but as soon as i turned into trance i went all the way back and search for them so :wink:

someone said that the previous thing was house and...oh well the sound of those tracks with today's sound is different and do not forget that the dance scene was just a newbabie those days :smile:

i am glad my sister devil alarm clock wake me up instead of her haha :ee: not sure if i was able to tuned in for your mix but i am glad i did really :smile:

Tell me on thing mate do you have those things on vinyl?
I do play a couple on vinyl later on in the set, but these I have on CD - originally I had this one cassette!

I go Go from his "The Story So Far" album, Belfast from "The Green Album", Odyssey from "Tripomatic Fairytales 2001", Dreams Of Heaven on CD single (49p in the bargain bin at the time!) and this was from one of my fave trance compilations ever :music:
LUSH ???????????????
Oddly enough, that's also on the same compilation!

Various - Logic Trance 2 (2xCD) at Discogs

Good morning! :)
I'm gonna make you feel really old and say I only know two of the tracks you've played so far! haha. I was only 9 in 1993 and mostly listening to Snap! and Culture Beat! :lol:
Actually I was listening to them at the time as well! Culture Beat's album was awesome, I still love it now. And as JayCan says, RIP Torsten Fenslau, who knows what he may have produced in the future :(

I also took my inspiration for this mix from Snap's essential mixes from '94 and '95 - they loved to throw in some ambient stuff in the middle, and were also big fans of the artists up next :wink:

I do play a couple on vinyl later on in the set, but these I have on CD - originally I had this one cassette!

I go Go from his "The Story So Far" album, Belfast from "The Green Album", Odyssey from "Tripomatic Fairytales 2001", Dreams Of Heaven on CD single (49p in the bargain bin at the time!) and this was from one of my fave trance compilations ever :music:

Oddly enough, that's also on the same compilation!

Various - Logic Trance 2 (2xCD) at Discogs

you are the only one really who can understand the passion i have with oldies i mean it :smile:

oh boy good old days with cassette :)

i am still thinking if we have the change to listen Enigma tracks later this day even that i doubt it

this is not my set but i guess you have messed up a bit the quote's am i right?:P

i was like 11 years old back at 1993 but as soon as i turned into trance i went all the way back and search for them so :wink:

someone said that the previous thing was house and...oh well the sound of those tracks with today's sound is different and do not forget that the dance scene was just a newbabie those days :smile:

Yeh I never knew this kind of music was about then. :( Went down the hardcore route for a bit too after that Snap! business. All thanks to Ferry Corsten I found Trance! :super:

OK, here's the tune that PvD ripped off 5 years later :music:

1990. Moby - Go [Instinct]
1991. Orbital - Belfast [FFRR]
1992. Jam & Spoon - Odyssey To Anyoona [Dance Pool]
1993. Ground Level - Dreams Of Heaven (Incense mix) [Faze 2]
1994. The Blyz - What Is Sound [Logic]
1995. Finitribe - Love Above [FFRR]

Absolutely massive set, Laz
Loving it :super:

Oh how things have changed! And look at what I've missed out on! All this most excellent tunage from the 90's :(

yeah there was some quality tunage back in the day :)
ive got the urge to do another set just for fun actually lol

Hey Vicky
Can't wait for your selection here @ DejaVU :music:
And btw very nice avatar :wink:

hey good to have you tuned in :hug:

time difference sucks anyway :(

yes i am talking about that quote with anjuna stuff :lol:
naw its not to bad cuz i dont have school on thursdays :)
Ive only been into EDM for about a year and a half so i dont know to many of the pre 2004 anjuna tracks

Morning :welcome:
you are the only one really who can understand the passion i have with oldies i mean it :smile:

oh boy good old days with cassette :)

i am still thinking if we have the change to listen Enigma tracks later this day even that i doubt it
I sitll love a bit of Enigma! MCMXC :wink:

Yeh I never knew this kind of music was about then. :( Went down the hardcore route for a bit too after that Snap! business. All thanks to Ferry Corsten I found Trance! :super:
I might also have some Force and Styles in my tune collection mate :mask:

Absolutely massive set, Laz
Loving it :super:
Thanks mate! Glad you're enjoying! :super:

I was very young those days but i think i have made my best to go back and listen to them :smile:

Oh you did not had to named Ferry please i will start talking about him and people will get annoying as always haha :ee:

how is leeds going anyway?its pretty early there

Back