ASOT Vs. Club Life

ASOT VS Club Life

• ASOT (Armin van Buuren)

Votes: 261 70.4%
  • Club Life (Tiesto)

Votes: 68 18.3%
  • Can't choose (haven't hear Tiesto's show yet)

Votes: 42 11.3%

• Total voters
The 6th of April, Tiesto did his first Radioshow
I really loved and enjoyed it.
But will it be as good as ASOT?

I personally choose for Club Nouveau, it's his first show but it really good :)

i think you just started a "war" here. and to the rest of the people who posted in this topic: which one is the best ? pc or mac, windows or os x, heineken or budweiser... ? so on and so on... come on people. if ASOT is just as good as Club Life and viceversa that means no divesity. what if the radio show of Tiesto, Above & Beyond, Armin Van Buuren, Pete Tong and so on, would sound the same? none of them sound alike. diversity people, DIVERSITY. Tiesto has his listeners, just like Armin Van Buuren, just like Above & Beyond, as i am sure there are trancers who listen every big trance dj's show. about mixing skills... i don't know what skills are you people talkin' about? are they mixing from 3 or 4 turntables or cdj's at one. no, not really. because it's not minimal-house,it's not minimal-techno, it's not tech-house... genres that are made from loops. it's TRANCE, it's melodic, every piece of trance tune has it's own root key, it's own structure. there aren't two trance tunes that sound alike. it's just basic mixing style. the tricky part is to know how to mix two tracks and when to mix them, and just as important as the mixing part, GOOD RESEARCH FOR TRACKS TO MAKE A GOOD SET for the live set or the radio show. i've played a 6 hour trance set for 2000 people and, trust me, a good set is the most important part of the whole gig. i'm a professional dj from 2003 i think, so i have a little experience. i'm sure both, Armin and Tiesto, have their fans. to me the radio shows don't count that much because i'm more interested in live performances. maybe Armin is the new shining star, being no.1 dj and all, but don't forget... Tiesto was the no.1 dj for 3 years row and was the fastest rising dj and i think that "old guy" has much more to proove. i have seen them both mixing live, based an that i go with Tiesto. he's pure energy in the mixing booth.

i hope i didn't bore you too much

To each their own I say. I used to love Tiesto hardcore, but every since he DJ'ed for the world at the Greece Olympics, he started going down hill and I slowly switched to Armin and now love him as much as I did Tiesto back in the day.... Buuren FTW!

Reason why I love Armin so much is beacuse he puts himself into his music... He makes the best tracks that he possibly can and I think he is a lot more in tune with the trance scene then Tiesto (now a days anyways). The other reason is because the man is brilliant... He decided to finish off a law degree as a Plan B just in case his DJ'ing career did not go very well. I have a ton of respect for him because of this.

Tiesto's days are almost over and I think it is time for newer and younger talent to rise to the top! OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW I SAY!!! :)
oh really? what about Carl Cox (sorry for going off topic). you have a lot to learn about respect, my friend. the topic is not about furniture, you know?

Each has a very distinct flavor so it's hard to choose, but if i had to pick on i'd go with ASOT. Club Life imo doesn't flow as well as ASOT does. Just doesn't have that same "epic" feel to it.

I really like Club Life better. It might not be mixed as well, but I like its style of music more.

ASOT all the way..Tiesto's show is good too but far from AvB's.

A State Of Trance :music:

ASOT, althought there is more shows that i enjoy more.

ASOT is the best of the best, cream of the trance scene! at least that's wut i think and a few thousand voters on "DJ mag's top 100 DJs " hopefully he's the number one this year as well

i vote asot only because but then again i havent listened to club life ..

Arim Vs Tiesto ?

Ok As much as I love Tiesto... I have to remember why I got into Trance music in the first place. And without Trance DJs such as Tiesto, Darude, D:Fuse and Paul Van Dyk and many more DJs the broke the playing field back in the 90s And still are breaking the playing field in countries around the world. There are more and amazing trance djs that are hitting the clubs and festivals around the world. Yes if I had to choose a DJ I would most like pick Arim over Tiesto now. Just for the fact most of Tiesto stuff hes pushing out isn't what I would call soulful trance music. And I mean its ok. But ASOT is moving my body and mind to a whole new level of Globle trance and progressive. Tiesto old stuff and some of you might agree it was a lot more moving and very tastful.

ASOT is the best of the best, cream of the trance scene! at least that's wut i think and a few thousand voters on "DJ mag's top 100 DJs " hopefully he's the number one this year as well

I would have agreed with you from shows 84-190, but these days I would say there is way better out there. But if I had to choose out of these two shows...

ASOT > Club Life

you can't compare ASOT and Club Life. even if it's a trance, it's two different DJs with their own style.

I have to admit that i dont choose either Asot either Club Life and i can explain why:

ASOT : i guess at the moment it is the most popular radio show on the web maybe on the entire earth - should i mention the entire universe as well? - I saw somewhere someone saying how many listeners they are around the globe but i dont even dare to see the number he added!I used to listen most likely alot of ASOT episodes back at 2003 and in the early 2004 - even when the radio show was running in id-t - but then i have to admit i have stop it!And the main reason is because even that you got the chance to listen some new tracks - thats good - in the other hand i hate all this mass reactions from listenings like ''Omg that is a great asot tune'' or ''Oh i dont like this tune Armin'' etc!I find annoying every single person who listen to the radio show to react like a 10years old kid in his first concert or something.. I still wonder how much this radio show will go one - and i have to admit that i liked some old episodes and i have enjoyed them alot - and what will happend if ever this will stop..

Club Life : I was alot of supriced when i saw that Tiesto started his own radio show even that we all know his is working like crazy - or some will say he ''pretends'' he works like crazy anyway - but I had the feeling that he was just copying in a way Armin radio show and the popularity of it and thats the main reason he started his own!

Conclusion?None!I let that to others!

Back