EOYC 2011 Community Contest Poll

Choose your favorite sets *multivote*

• Total voters
big thanks to all who listened and voted. it's important for me :friends: waiting 4 the MASSIVE EOYC EVENT :rave::loveah:

p.s.: f*ck you all who spamming and received the most of votes by their friends who not rated other contestants :mask:

:iagree: damn cheaters

Actually I have to say that Dannyboy (few posts above) said EXACTLY what I wanted to say

I voted for:
Gnapek - technique in standard and some good tunes (but only 10 tracks at all...) :music:
T86 & Dani - one of these more interesting sets in whole contest, 15 tunes mixed not bad, not each tune in my cup of tea, but ok :friends:
Tero A - good and solid transitions, some good tunes (Child :megacrazy:!), but one hour full of uplift is little bit boring for me
Maximus - great transitions and a lot of energy in this set! :super:
Rafal Sentiel - good tunes included, standard technique, but I voted mostly for his own tune "Summer In Greece", which I actually included in my set, congrats Rafal for this tune!:bravo:
Enviate - mostly for great intro: mixed two versions of fantastic "From The Earth"! :bravo:
Double V - megamix, finally.. but some transitions weren't perfect, though it was one of these interesting sets :music:

And finally:
Tass - I'm still really impressed how he did it.. only 10 tunes, so shouldn't be interesting, but I didn't know these tunes before and I really enjoyed listening of this 62 minutes. One of the most smoothy transitions I've ever heard!!! But look - only a few votes.. :dance:

In fact, I've listened only about first 40-45 sets and I had stopped downloading and listening to the second half after I saw first day of voting.. Really demotivating..

I would say almost the same what Dannyboy said - amount of tracks which DJ can include in his set is the best rate to judge his skills. 10 tunes in 1 hour is a standard, kids can do it. 8-9 tunes, now, lol :lol:. I don't want to everyrone make megamixes, but come on..

So that's way I'm little bit disappointed about the results. I supposed that not many people has listened to a lot of sets, but I see over 1000 of voters..

Please, Dan, can you organise a jury on next year's EOYC? It won't be a problem to find referees?

Sorry, I won't say something like "I had fun with taking part in this contest and with listening to sets" because I've stopped having fun after first days of voting..

But I'm looking forward to EOYC, I'm pretty sure it will be great! And the winners - don't be amateur kids with thousands of friends - now prove me that you should play on EOYC, prepare something special

Dear Mathias van Ness!

61 minute and 21 track will be good enough?

Congrats to whoever gets enough votes. And thank you to the people who voted for me.
There has been alot of discussion on the voting process and hopefully Dan and the team will notice and dodgy voting patterns or accounts etc.
I think as an AHFM community contest im surprised at a few of the entries being people who seemed to have only signed up and posted for this contest.
And for calls about spamming, its hard as myself being someone in the contest you want to for example say on Twitter to your followers Vote for me and if they are people not registered and they sign up and vote it is seen as spamming for votes.
There is a lot of spamming though and i am not going to mention the name but the last couple of days has shot into the top half of the final 14, i was tagged in a mass inbox on facebook telling people to vote for said person and it was sent to around 80-90 people. And the person who wrote the inbox said sign up and register to vote if they were not users.

But good luck to everyone who entered, i dont know a good way to judge these things, but i am looking forward to the event and hearing the mixes.

Dear Mathias van Ness!

61 minute and 21 track will be good enough?

Of course mate, but why didn't you prepare such set also on "first round" :)?

Regards :friends:

1. Kiddy 101 7.40%
  2. trancefan0883 91 6.67%
  3. Frosty 87 6.37%
  4. Far Exit 80 5.86%
  5. Gnapek 79 5.79%
  6. Matthew Pear 76 5.57%
  7. Boutch 72 5.27%
  8. EDU NRG 72 5.27%
  9. Gabriel Nagredo 72 5.27%
  10. Yelen 72 5.27%
  11. Metrostatic 70 5.13%
  12. Impulsive 69 5.05%
  13. DJ K4N 68 4.98%
  14. Tero A 68 4.98%
  15. Double V 60 4.40%
  16. Galin Rashkov 59 4.32%
  17. April Elyse Martin 58 4.25%
  18. Evening Twilight 58 4.25%
  19. Cloud 88 55 4.03%
  20. Sensetive5 55 4.03%
  21. DJ Alex The Lion 53 3.88%
  22. DARKPLOYERS 51 3.74%

Ok, people. Let me tell my impressins.
I agree with ya all - this contest is too unfair. DJMag Top 100 is more fair than this. But I think Dan will ban everyone who was cheatin....yes, yes - BAN FOR 1 MONTH!
Hmmm....AHA! I've got an idea!
let Dan and AH Staff include here a system of "warnings" that will warn users that they do smething wrong and they could be banned after some time.
4Examp.: You were cheating here - go get 2 warnings and ban for 1 month.
or
You have crashed forum or have got 5 post reports from other users? get 1 warning and ban for 24 hours-1 week (depends on hardness)...

OK, lets get back to EOYC Contest.
Bring some rules from EOYC Contest 2009,2008 back!
I mean "you may vote only if you have account here more than 2 months", "contestants may not vote", and etc...
I think you'll make it more fair..

And before making final decisions please LISTEN TO THE TOP 25 SETS HERE! Because someone could involve in the mix only radio edits and mixed them by AIMP2 or their mixing abilities are too bad to make opportunity in AH EOYC...

PS I Voted for all sets because I knew that this contest will be 100% unfair.

Last edited:
This was the mass spam inbox sent to 80+ people on Facebook. And what makes the contest unfair.

"hello all ... can you please vote for my friend (NO NAME) .. in AH.FM eoyc 2011 contest

just press on this link .. and choose (NO NAME) and mark on it then press vote under the names

http://forum.ah.fm/contests-ah-fm/36175-eoyc-2011-community-contest-poll.html

and if you dont have an account just press on this link :

Leading Trance Radio

then press Register then make account then you will recieve an activation link to your email inbox

open it then press on that link to vote

http://forum.ah.fm/contests-ah-fm/36175-eoyc-2011-community-contest-poll.html "

1. Kiddy 101 7.40%
  2. trancefan0883 91 6.67%
  3. Frosty 87 6.37%
  4. Far Exit 80 5.86%
  5. Gnapek 79 5.79%
  6. Matthew Pear 76 5.57%
  7. Boutch 72 5.27%
  8. EDU NRG 72 5.27%
  9. Gabriel Nagredo 72 5.27%
  10. Yelen 72 5.27%
  11. Metrostatic 70 5.13%
  12. Impulsive 69 5.05%
  13. DJ K4N 68 4.98%
  14. Tero A 68 4.98%
  15. Double V 60 4.40%
  16. Galin Rashkov 59 4.32%
  17. April Elyse Martin 58 4.25%
  18. Evening Twilight 58 4.25%
  19. Cloud 88 55 4.03%
  20. Sensetive5 55 4.03%
  21. DJ Alex The Lion 53 3.88%
  22. DARKPLOYERS 51 3.74%
Ok, people. Let me tell my impressins.
I agree with ya all - this contest is too unfair. DJMag Top 100 is more fair than this. But I think Dan will ban everyone who was cheatin....yes, yes - BAN FOR 1 MONTH!
Hmmm....AHA! I've got an idea!
let Dan and AH Staff include here a system of "warnings" that will warn users that they do smething wrong and they could be banned after some time.
4Examp.: You were cheating here - go get 2 warnings and ban for 1 month.
or
You have crashed forum or have got 5 post reports from other users? get 1 warning and ban for 24 hours-1 week (depends on hardness)...

OK, lets get back to EOYC Contest.
Bring some rules from EOYC Contest 2009,2008 back!
I mean "you may vote only if you have account here more than 2 months", "contestants may not vote", and etc...
I think you'll make it more fair..

And before making final decisions please LISTEN TO THE TOP 25 SETS HERE! Because someone could involve in the mix only radio edits and mixed them by AIMP2 or their mixing abilities are too bad to make opportunity in AH EOYC...

PS I Voted for all sets because I knew that this contest will be 100% unfair.
Alex you really need to calm down , as long as each vote has an unique IP , that should be enough. and as long as people don't cheat (drool)

I would say almost the same what Dannyboy said - amount of tracks which DJ can include in his set is the best rate to judge his skills.
Sure but only if you do it with hardware and not software :music:

True, anyone can do it with software, but only the best can do it with hardware. But it doesn't mean it will sound good, you'll need to be great at mixing tracks so you'll get a nice flow for a whole hour.
Yep and also harmonic mixing is in my opinion huge plus :smile:

Originally Posted by Mathias van Ness
I would say almost the same what Dannyboy said - amount of tracks which DJ can include in his set is the best rate to judge his skills.
It would be true in house... but not in Trance!

Back