EOYC 2011 Community Contest Poll

Choose your favorite sets *multivote*

• Total voters
I think we need

jerry-springer.jpg
Bring it! :mask:

True, anyone can do it with software

that's why

I think you know nothing about mixing, if anyone can mix good set with ableton or traktor or vdj, I'm breaking my headphones. GOOD SET IS NOT JUST GOOD BEATMATCHED SET OMG.

Damn, I'm doing it again :/

Eh I'm not sure why you are attacking me like that

becouse mixing music is so important for me

that's why

I think you know nothing about mixing, if anyone can mix good set with ableton or traktor or vdj, I'm breaking my headphones. GOOD SET IS NOT JUST GOOD BEATMATCHED SET OMG.

Damn, I'm doing it again :/

What I ment was: everyone can mix two tracks together and maybe even more, but it is an art to create a beautiful one hour set and it doesn't matter if it is uplifting, progressive, breaks or whatever.
Not everyone can make a superb, one hour set, but I believe everyone cal learn it with practice.

What I ment was: everyone can mix two tracks together and maybe even more, but it is an art to create a beautiful one hour set and it doesn't matter if it is uplifting, progressive, breaks or whatever.

your own work is a perfect example :grinning:

Not everyone can make a superb, one hour set, but I believe everyone cal learn it with practice.

:iagree:

Very true :)

10000000000000*:iagree:

And what makes you think that it's not important for me?

Imo you don't understand the problem, that I see. You watch sets or listen to them? I don't care who is using what, I care about the result. I agree, that carrying computer to the club without any hardware is pussystyle a bit, but if guy will kill me using his mix inventive skill, I won't tell a bad word about him. Remember - we are "argueing" about radio show, not about line-up for ASOT 1000!

Going ahead your answer to this post (I'm almost sure you will write something like that, but if I'm wrong - sorry) - if you are saying that skillfull DJ should use hardware is a bit injurious for me, becouse I'm saying, that skillfull DJ is using his brain and ears. Hardware is the only instrument which means nothing without skill, the same as software. I can press play at both, and what's next?

Imo you don't understand the problem, that I see. You watch sets or listen to them? I don't care who is using what, I care about the result. I agree, that carrying computer to the club without any hardware is pussystyle a bit, but if guy will kill me using his mix inventive skill, I won't tell a bad word about him. Remember - we are "argueing" about radio show, not about line-up for ASOT 1000!

Going ahead your answer to this post (I'm almost sure you will write something like that, but if I'm wrong - sorry) - if you are saying that skillfull DJ should use hardware is a bit injurious for me, becouse I'm saying, that skillfull DJ is using his brain and ears. Hardware is the only instrument which means nothing without skill, the same as software. I can press play at both, and what's next?
That's totally not what I meant, I was just stating that it is bit more difficult to mix 30 tunes in hour with hardware than software. If you read my later post, I'm favoring harmonic mixing which means that dj has to use what you say, brain and ears. I personally do not care if set is mixed with hardware or software and I definately do not think that more tunes than 10 in hour is better.

i dont understand this situation, poll should be closed, but someone still is voting ;( it had to be closed at 00:00 CET,

whoops just went to sleep and what hapened :lol:
I didn't said that amount of the tracks = quality. Just said that do a set what's uniqe, and all the tracks won't sound the same... :) cuz i don't think that in the forum are 80 Aly&Fila-s :lol: You should do a set include tracks what You like :bully: btw congrats to the winners again! Waiting for the sets :)

And +1 to TeroA, that mixing on gears is much harder... but (!) mixing a good set in software is harder too, than mixing a simple set in software. Just because not everyone have the resources to buy all the DJ stuffs :) /Like Kearney's last year set? He did it in Ableton... and one of the best sets last year :) )

Last edited:
i dont understand this situation, poll should be closed, but someone still is voting ;( it had to be closed at 00:00 CET,
I thought so too but looks like it's still not closed :dontknow:

Back