EOYC 2012 Community Contest Rules, Info & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to disagree with so many contestants marketing themselves in this thread. We already know where to look for links to your sets. I would prefer to see here feedback from people who listened to some or all the sets. The greatest benefit to a contestant is to get a critique and be able to improve in the future, that if DJing is really what he/she wants to do.

I tend to disagree with so many contestants marketing themselves in this thread. We already know where to look for links to your sets. I would prefer to see here feedback from people who listened to some or all the sets. The greatest benefit to a contestant is to get a critique and be able to improve in the future, that if DJing is really what he/she wants to do.

i just added my mixcloud link here bcoz im not able 2 do this in that closed thread, thats all ;)

I agree to some extent. But, marketing yourself and promoting is actually what DJing is all about in today's world. It's sad but it's true. Unless one is a remarkable producer where his or her tracks reaches the A list DJs they have ZERO chance of being noticed if they don't market and interact with people. DJing is not about saving all your money to buy 2 turntables and vinyls no more. That time where one use to spend countless hours learning how to craft the art is no more. Anyone can do it now and it's only going to get more competitive.

You wanted critique? Here We go!

Legend:
My Personal Favourites (+ vote)
I'll give a vote for them
BUURN!!!!

01 Metrostatic (59:16)
- good progressive set. exactly what I need for warm up
02 Darxis (61:56) - average, but very various trance set
03 Alfurez (59:04) - awesome uplifting set.
04 Galin Rashkov (60:53) - Another awesome set! My favourite
05 April Elyse (61:43) - everything is awesome: Flow, tracks...but TRANSITIONS!!!!
06 Lokki (61:31) -Technically set is good, but I don't feel flow.
07 Cold Rush (60:40) - The most original set (yes, I watched tracklists - the only set with the dj-own tracks)
08 DJ K4N (61:15) - look at set no. 06
09 Agger (61:12)
- look at set no. 08
10 Enviate (58:09)
- look at set no. 09
11 DJ Pavle (60:10)
- look at set no. 10

12 Distant Moon (59:57) - Very good selection, mate!
13 DJ Alex The Lion (61:00) - Any feedbacks? I personally think this guy should win one of 14 slots on EOYC 2012
14 Lucas Deyong (61:21) - Like commercial trance? If yes, then it's for you, but not for me
15 MiMaMix (59:59) - no words, only emotions. Just WOW.
16 Isaias Cobos (60:18) - you know, to end uplifting set with progressive track - not a deal. But it's the only thing I dislike in this set. 550 Senta should be the 1st or 2nd track in this set.
17 Kimochi (60:26) - very good, very good mix
18 Last Sunlight (61:07) - Just enjoyed this mix.
19 DJ Yutaka Viper (60:09) - just another average HQ trance set.
20 tranzLift (62:00) - These guys should win one of 14 slots on EOYC 2012. Reason: they use their own production in this mix. And this production is awesome.
21 Trancer (61:57) - Look at this guy, he's a real Trancer!
22 Sosenka (60:23) - great melodic set! Awesome vibe!
23 Kiddy (61:55) - ...guess...:)
24 Reech (61:05) - sorry, but I don't like pop music((
25 Voodoo Child (61:02) - uhmmm....I can't decide ..

Wait for the new feedback!

Last edited:
If You love powerful impacts...
If You Like filthy sounds...
If You want energetic melodies...
If You need pumping beats

Listen to my smashing (33) mix! :)

Congrats to all participants and Good Luck PPL ;)

Last edited:
You wanted Critic? Here We go!

Legend:
My Personal Favourites (+ vote)
I'll give a vote for them
BUURN!!!!

01 Metrostatic (59:16)
- good progressive set. exactly what I need for warm up
02 Darxis (61:56) - average, but very various trance set
03 Alfurez (59:04) - awesome uplifting set.
04 Galin Rashkov (60:53) - Another awesome set! My favourite
05 April Elyse (61:43) - everything is awesome: Flow, tracks...but TRANSITIONS!!!!
06 Lokki (61:31) -Technically set is good, but I don't feel flow.
07 Cold Rush (60:40) - The most original set (yes, I watched tracklists - the only set with the dj-own tracks)
08 DJ K4N (61:15) - look at set no. 06
09 Agger (61:12)
- look at set no. 08
10 Enviate (58:09)
- look at set no. 09
11 DJ Pavle (60:10)
- look at set no. 10

I'll listen to other couple of sets and tell my feeling about these sets tomorrow night.

thanks for the feedback Alex The Lion

i uploaded my set on zippyshare for easier listen check it out and give me ur feedback, i really dont care about votes i just wanna know if my music is good enough or not and i want strangers to judge not my fans and friends. good luck all

http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/66122715/file.html

Till nov Ive listened to 3 sets, Ill listened to others later aswell, when I got some time.
Mardouk and Andromedha got quite good progressive sets, some tracks are very nice, but some not much, still they will get my vote :)
I miss some real deep progressive trance, Ive noticed in Mardouks set one and Im very glad for this.

And one uplifting set, that is from Alpha Dog, well a bit too many tracks in the mix, but it doesnt bother me much, he will get my vote too.
Thats so far from me now.

Last edited:
I feel emberrased I put so many comerrcial trance tracks, when I see other people sets :( Will now listen to other people's set, but it all of them should be able to listen online, as plenty of them u have to download and my computers disk is already full :S
Andrej a si isto v fb grupi trance family slovenija?

an_dr_ey

Till nov Ive listened to 3 sets, Ill listened to others later aswell, when I got some time.
Mardouk and Andromedha got quite good progressive sets, some tracks are very nice, but some not much, still they will get my vote :)
I miss some real deep progressive trance, Ive noticed in Mardouks set one and Im very glad for this.

If you are interested in deep progressive trance, check out Kevin Schneider.

If you are interested in deep progressive trance, check out Kevin Schneider.

Plenty of sets await my ears but i will check it :)

I feel emberrased I put so many comerrcial trance tracks, when I see other people sets :( Will now listen to other people's set, but it all of them should be able to listen online, as plenty of them u have to download and my computers disk is already full :S
Andrej a si isto v fb grupi trance family slovenija?

not so many as Lucas Deyong and Mikey K :D

I listened to some set's and they was really good! I'll keep listen to the others and if I have some time I'll give my feedback too! (: I hope that you'll enjoy my set, if not I'll appreciate any feedback from you guys! ;p

You wanted Critic? Here We go!

15 MiMaMix (59:59) - no words, only emotions. Just WOW.

:thankyou: for the feedback! We hope more people will enjoy it!
Next mix in our playlist is yours Alex! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back