EOYC 2012 Community Contest Rules, Info & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
First the word is critique.

And, if you are trying to give critiques, learn your lingo first. Reech's set does not have any track which is known as 'pop music'. Pop music has artists which are known by the masses like Avicii, Tiesto, Swedish House Mafia, etc. Not even one of these track classify as 'pop' or 'commercial'. The guy (or the girl) has placed well-known music only to those who are accustomed to Thursday 'terrible trance' shows. The flow is clean. And, Armin does not count. He has yet to see a Billboard hit.

I think you're right. I repeat, I was in bad mood when I was listening to this mix. And I'll relisten to this mix again to write more positive opinion.

I think you're right. I repeat, I was in bad mood when I was listening to this mix. And I'll relisten to this mix again to write more positive opinion.
Aww! I hope everything is good now. :hug:

I've listened to the first 11 sets and really loved work by:

03. Alfurez - This one is the best from what I've heard , plenty of my favorite tracks here :)
04. Galin Rashkov - amazing uplifting selection and transitions aswell, good example of interesting uplifting set, gonna vote for him for sure :)
06. Lokki - Cool build up here and some really pumping tracks, well done! :)
10. Enviate - First enjoyable progressive set, nice idea for build up with this 'deadmau5 beat style' and I'm just diggin this new track by Kandi so you'll surely get my vote :)

Hey Thank you for your feedback ! :friends:

I`m really happy that you have enjoyed my set :hug::hug:

Galin Rashkov :music::music::music:

Okay, Here's Another portion of Critics.

26 Impulsive (59:41) - This set made my day. Great Selection of tracks, perfect mixing and flow! but....the names of 1st and second tracks are wrong.
Right variant is:
1. Fadi & Mina - Kepler 22 (Andrew Rayel Aether Remix) | FSOE Recordings
2. Tomas Heredia - Moonlight | Captivating Sounds
27 Hesham van Seleem (62:35) - great megamix....but i don't like 50 % of tracks he used. sorry.
28 Protrapik (60:09) - hm.....
29 DJ Hike (61:09) - mmmm. good mix!
30 Wolvy (60:21) - mix is good, but transition between 07 & 08 tracks was veery bad. It's just my opinion.
31 Energetic Horizons (60:24) -
32 Hamten (52:00) -

PS. Sorry Reech. I didn't wanted to hurt you if you already read this. Maybe I said it wrong. the music you played is not pop. It's just well-known trance. i was in very bad mood when I heard your mix. I'll try to relisten your mix and writemy opinion again. I promise is wouldn't be so rough.

29 DJ Hike (61:09) - mmmm. good mix! <---- I will take that as you liked it :bravo: Thank you

17: Kimochi - My set feel free to comment, hope you guys enjoy it :)

66 : DJ Surfer - really impressive set with some loops add on the tracks
05: April - well make porg trance and prog-lifting trance set, I give a pass on transition due to herself using mouse
20: tranzLift - full load of uplifting trance... just like TranzLift music productions, deserve 14 slots
63:Andy Eliass - makes a very great set with uplifting trance and few tech- trance, just like his production... deserve 14 slots
03: Alfurez - the selections are great with uplifting trance,but the transition needs to work on a little bit
11 :good choice and selection for DJ Pavle
13: Alex The Lion -fantastic set of Uplifting trance and Tech Trance , enjoy your set. Your taste of trance music is as same as mine
12: Distant Moon- nicely done, as good as usually on prog-lifting trance, uplifting trance and tech trance. Good flow with mixture of three sub-trance genre
87: Kev Clerkin - slow and smooth Kevin with Prog trance and some Markus style, not bad... just a little transition error on 38:00, but still enjoy his 1 hr

Thanks for feedback!

I'll vote 4 these sets:
#9 (Aggu), #25 (Voodoo Child), #27 (Hesham van Seleem), #43 (Enclusion), #66 (DJ Surfer), #80 (Kevin Schneider)
May i inquire why only so few sets? I have been listening to some of the sets and i find them quite good...i think i will give a vote to all sets this year...same as Alex the Lion did last year :)

This is my first time in this contest as i can see there is a lot of members here already have experience with the contest.
i would like to ask if there is enough listeners here in this poll to listen to all the sets and vote for the good ones or everyone is asking his friends to support him ?

You wanted critique? Here We go!

Legend:
My Personal Favourites (+ vote)
I'll give a vote for them
BUURN!!!!

01 Metrostatic (59:16)
- good progressive set. exactly what I need for warm up
02 Darxis (61:56) - average, but very various trance set
03 Alfurez (59:04) - awesome uplifting set.
04 Galin Rashkov (60:53) - Another awesome set! My favourite
05 April Elyse (61:43) - everything is awesome: Flow, tracks...but TRANSITIONS!!!!
06 Lokki (61:31) -Technically set is good, but I don't feel flow.
07 Cold Rush (60:40) - The most original set (yes, I watched tracklists - the only set with the dj-own tracks)
08 DJ K4N (61:15) - look at set no. 06
09 Agger (61:12)
- look at set no. 08
10 Enviate (58:09)
- look at set no. 09
11 DJ Pavle (60:10)
- look at set no. 10

12 Distant Moon (59:57) - Very good selection, mate!
13 DJ Alex The Lion (61:00) - Any feedbacks? I personally think this guy should win one of 14 slots on EOYC 2012
14 Lucas Deyong (61:21) - Like commercial trance? If yes, then it's for you, but not for me
15 MiMaMix (59:59) - no words, only emotions. Just WOW.
16 Isaias Cobos (60:18) - you know, to end uplifting set with progressive track - not a deal. But it's the only thing I dislike in this set. 550 Senta should be the 1st or 2nd track in this set.
17 Kimochi (60:26) - very good, very good mix
18 Last Sunlight (61:07) - Just enjoyed this mix.
19 DJ Yutaka Viper (60:09) - just another average HQ trance set.
20 tranzLift (62:00) - These guys should win one of 14 slots on EOYC 2012. Reason: they use their own production in this mix. And this production is awesome.
21 Trancer (61:57) - Look at this guy, he's a real Trancer!
22 Sosenka (60:23) - great melodic set! Awesome vibe!
23 Kiddy (61:55) - ...guess...:)
24 Reech (61:05) - sorry, but I don't like pop music((
25 Voodoo Child (61:02) - uhmmm....I can't decide ..

Wait for the new feedback!

I've listened to the first 11 sets and really loved work by:

03. Alfurez - This one is the best from what I've heard , plenty of my favorite tracks here :)
04. Galin Rashkov - amazing uplifting selection and transitions aswell, good example of interesting uplifting set, gonna vote for him for sure :)
06. Lokki - Cool build up here and some really pumping tracks, well done! :)
10. Enviate - First enjoyable progressive set, nice idea for build up with this 'deadmau5 beat style' and I'm just diggin this new track by Kandi so you'll surely get my vote :)

thank guys for enjoy my set i make with passion of trance music its my line its my first time in this contest :music::mml::bumpit:

Last edited:
This is my first time in this contest as i can see there is a lot of members here already have experience with the contest.
i would like to ask if there is enough listeners here in this poll to listen to all the sets and vote for the good ones or everyone is asking his friends to support him ?

There wasn't a "professional" board of evaluators of the sets so far...in previous years some of the winners got a hard critique for having too many votes from their friends. It was suggested to have professional board to evaluate the sets and the votes of the community count just a percent of the final mark. None of these have been put to the test yet, i think it is time consuming to listen to 100 sets. Yet, the adrenaline of the contest is worth while the effort. BTW, i have never won a spot in EOYC even if i have participated to every contest. While i have noticed that i'm the only one mixing in key (based on playlists that highlight this feature) and be technical about stuff, that didn't matter in the end :) Therefore this year i have put less time in making the set and have less hopes about getting one of those 14 spots. From my experience, about half the sets submitted for this contest are really good and they would deserve a spot...i might even suggest a joint set between winning contestants :)

There wasn't a "professional" board of evaluators of the sets so far...in previous years some of the winners got a hard critique for having too many votes from their friends. It was suggested to have professional board to evaluate the sets and the votes of the community count just a percent of the final mark. None of these have been put to the test yet, i think it is time consuming to listen to 100 sets. Yet, the adrenaline of the contest is worth while the effort. BTW, i have never won a spot in EOYC even if i have participated to every contest. While i have noticed that i'm the only one mixing in key (based on playlists that highlight this feature) and be technical about stuff, that didn't matter in the end :) Therefore this year i have put less time in making the set and have less hopes about getting one of those 14 spots. From my experience, about half the sets submitted for this contest are really good and they would deserve a spot...i might even suggest a joint set between winning contestants :)

You are not the only one who mixed in key. :) But I agree with you, and i'm guessing that probably 90% of the ppl doesn't even know what that is.

You are not the only one who mixed in key. :) But I agree with you, and i'm guessing that probably 90% of the ppl doesn't even know what that is.

and if key doesn't match, but you feel that tracks fits to each other you won't play them together because of keys? imo checking keys is for beginners... ofc it's usefull all the time, but many people can hear it without any knowledge of this rule, just because of experience

True, but some transitions do sound horrible if they are not in key. But as i said, a lot of ppl even don't know what that is, and imo it's not, cause bigginers haven't even heard for that. :) That is why they don't mix like that. Anyone is free to mix how each person think it's best. \o/

Trance music i the Universal Language \o/ :) I'm not here to argue. I think mix is key is good. Usually, every dj/producer that has a radio show makes mix in key, but as i said, anyone is free to do what ever he/she wants wile djing. That is the charm of it. :) At the end will it be good or bad, thats the other question. :)

I have mixed in key intentionally. But my set also includes some transitions that were not in key. I believe you won't recognize those transitions.

In my opinion mixing in key is a useful tool - especially for very long transitions. But you should also use your intuition. If you stick too much to mixing in key you become unflexible. And even in key transitions can sound horrible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back