Member Benefits to Supporting AH.FM!

i haven't seen anything bad in the signatures....but, yes some are too big :)

I haven't seen anything bad either or else I'd report it. But the huge images are a pain in the backside. :p

I haven't seen anything bad either or else I'd report it. But the huge images are a pain in the backside. :p

EOYC was a different story, and as of now, images will turn to links when quoted :)

Last edited:
No they won't. I begged a DJ to post a link instead of that huge picture during the EOYC and he wouldn't change it. Got all smart mouthed about it, too. I ignored him at that point and he eventually went away.

Prime example of the type of thing I was referencing. Some folks are all into the marketing, sporting huge banner ad signatures, trying to shove their stuff down your throat.

Larger sized avas, custom titles, things like that that are much less intrusive because they're off to the left and do not interfer with main flow of forum thread content interspersed between each and every post.

btw- not complaining, just making a suggestion based on past experiences as forum administrator.

Prime example of the type of thing I was referencing. Some folks are all into the marketing, sporting huge banner ad signatures, trying to shove their stuff down your throat.

Larger sized avas, custom titles, things like that that are much less intrusive because they're off to the left and do not interfer with main flow of forum thread content interspersed between each and every post.

I agree, I don't like the forum pages to be needlessly long. I'd rather see wider banners than taller ones, and go for either/or: you can have an image, or text, not both.

But if you look at one of Magik's posts, her sig banner is 350x100, making it as large as they will get, and she has a six of lines of text in her sig as well, yet it does not make her posts any larger, because of what's on the left-hand side.

So right now, I think the image size and lines limit is good.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of animated (especially flashing) sig images though. :)

EOYC was a different story, and as of now, images will turn to links when quoted :)

That is some of Dan's brilliance, we talked about what to do about quoted images yesterday, and the consensus was to make all images links because there was no way to prevent image quoting... and not 5 hours later Dan had found/implemented the fix to make quoted images links.

He's fairly productive, that Dan guy.

That is some of Dan's brilliance, we talked about what to do about quoted images yesterday, and the consensus was to make all images links because there was no way to prevent image quoting... and not 5 hours later Dan had found/implemented the fix to make quoted images links.

He's fairly productive, that Dan guy.

he is very efficient :)

Last edited:
I agree, I don't like the forum pages to be needlessly long. I'd rather see wider banners than taller ones, and go for either/or: you can have an image, or text, not both.

But if you look at one of Magik's posts, her sig banner is 350x100, making it as large as they will get, and she has a six of lines of text in her sig as well, yet it does not make her posts any larger, because of what's on the left-hand side.

So right now, I think the image size and lines limit is good.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of animated (especially flashing) sig images though. :)

not a big deal since can always just turn off sigs in cp options.

btw- so there is a limit 350x100 afterall :grinning:

i haven't seen anything bad in the signatures....but, yes some are too big :)

I've seen at least 1 really nasty signature a while back, but I won't name names :p

Fortunately he has changed it now :lol:

jedrek's boobs signature...not that i dont like to see boobs, but when im in a public place, people can see over my shoulder

jedrek's boobs signature...not that i dont like to see boobs, but when im in a public place, people can see over my shoulder

there are no boobs in his sig lol

he used to have it

Since when do I have boobs? :wow::wow: Thats news to me!

/me fondles own boobs :lol: :LMAO:

/me gets rid of sig

hey no more pics allowed in the sig?

ah-mini-long-bnr.jpg

awesome idea about the xtra features for supporters:grinning:

yeah i think its a great idea..

Minc whoever donates gets those extra features.

cheers

i dont see the problem with the images in signatures or quotations, the flow of the forums is cool as you load it in a good computer, and my computer is not good at all but the forums loads pretty well even in the most supercharged page full of animated gifts and boobs, super sized fonts etc..

in the other hand is a forum, we cant expect it to flow as a chat room, because "has more things than a chat room" like images, signatures, avatars, colored fonts, size fonts, and quotes, and that is what gives fun to the forums.

also i dont believe my finger will get broken for do a lot of scroll down, the wheel in the middle of the mouse "net scroll" , i like to use it to jump the super images and long signatures, because thats the reason net scroll was invented.

and what you want?, limits or freedom??

:|

and yes is a good idea the extra features for supporters.

thats my opinion.

Last edited:

Back