Top 100 Dj's results

got to throw my 2 cents in as well...

1) villalobos isn't a house dj, he's minimal techno (aka click, clok, toc, beep, blop) :P

2) the top 10 aren't all trance djs (sasha, guetta, digweed, shroom def aren't).

3) trance djs have always been leading the djmag poll. not sure why (some ppl suggested that it's because it's largely UK based and trance has always been very present there), but afaict it doesn't show that something is changing.

4) yes it's a popularity contest, says nothing about skill or anything, tiesto used to win due to amazing marketing on their side, now it's avb because he's gone pop and you can hear his tracks on mtv.

well i think this shows that it is easier to remain #1 than to get to #1. Armin didn't do anything impressive this year, and both times I listened to him, his sets were boring. :P:P

and where is Sied Van Riel?

wow.. now it seems that the list IS real.. :/ David Guetta in the top 10, how painful :lol:

not at all....official results are only coming out tomorrow :P

the only thing i want to ask is this:

WHERE THE HELL IS JOHN 00 FLEMING?????? :P:P:P:P

not at all....official results are only coming out tomorrow :P

seems that they are, the dj mag magazine has been sent out too early to some of his subscribers. One of them made scans of the first places and the top 100..

DJ Mag rankings for this year prove its nothing but a gimmick ,if not all then top 3 rankings is a joke .Of all the sets produced so far by Armin ,Tiesto & PVD give me one set that can be called Massive

DJ Mag rankings for this year prove its nothing but a gimmick ,if not all then top 3 rankings is a joke .Of all the sets produced so far by Armin ,Tiesto & PVD give me one set that can be called Massive

sure, here you go....Markus Schulz - Amsterdam 08 :mask:

:) :mml:

I'm philosophical about the list really. On the one hand, yes, it's a popularity contest and can be won by marketing departments more than DJs in some respects.

However, I also see it as though a DJ has done their job well if they've persuaded someone to get off their backside and vote for them.

The voting system isn't perfect but then again I don't know one anywhere that is :grinning:

The thing that annoys me about it really is all the spamming involved - I'd rather DJs mixed sets to promote themselves to the world rather than commissioning elaborate advertising campaigns :)

Well done to the winners though :music: Good to see some new names in the top 100 :grinning:

actually DJ Mag describes him as "The master of minimalism and the lord of the spiritual DJ set", he sure went up 13 places fast after being ranked #49 last year

got to throw my 2 cents in as well...

1) villalobos isn't a house dj, he's minimal techno (aka click, clok, toc, beep, blop) :P

15. Richie Hawtin
(with whom he's friends, plays and tours with)
76. Magda

DJ Hell is missing in the top 100, if he's listed at all, prolly to cool and gigolo to waste any energy on it...

all Berlin based, THE techno centre of the world at the mo', most with Hawtin's m-nus label and all playing regularly here at Fabric. :music:

tho' I won't rate mnml techno my fav genre but it has something captivating, especially in a live environment...if you can step away from the bleep-blop perception you get when not entertained in front of your PC :grinning:

..."bleeeh, I want my uplifting, meh..."
:P

baaaah AvB first place again? :(

and mause 11? LMAO

I expected armin to be nr1 again though. Who would you like to have at dj #1?

I expected armin to be nr1 again though. Who would you like to have at dj #1?

why, just cause he's doing A State of Pop?

Markus Schulz deserves to be #1 :P :)

Well you can't deny AvB had some good songs on some of his sets..

markus and deadmau5 were by far the highlight shows i saw this year. and congrats to deadmau5 for dominating 2008! #11 WOW! here's what i voted and how they ended up...

(1) 08. Markus Schulz
(2) 11. Deadmau5
(3) 23. Gareth Emery
(4) 01. Armin van Buuren
(5) 31. Aly & Fila

wouldn't know, i stopped listening to ASOT more than a year ago, as for any productions he came up with this year pop is not trance afaic :P

well yeah, like there's 4 or 5 actual trance tracks in each ASOT, same goes for his live events/sets. that's not exactly very good.

Back