Top 100 Dj's results

I expected armin to be nr1 again though. Who would you like to have at dj #1?

armin sucks too much :bad: :bad:

playing 3 to 4 good tracks in ASOT every week is not good enough for me anymore.

imo John 00 Fleming deserves the #1 spot. :cat:

Top 100 poll

Going back to the people complaining that Deadmau5 is at number 11. A lot of people love him... and most of them aren't electronic music listeners like we are. I have to say that Deadmau5 has no heart in his music, no emotion. I watched him produce a track and that's what I got from it. If I were him I'd stop for a second and realize that I'm flooding the scene with too much similar sounding music too soon, he wont be top 10 next year gauranteed because of the flood to the market. Or maybe he will be top 10 for that reason alone, either way people are going to get tired of his music quickly if they aren't tired of it already.

Same goes for Benny Benassi, how are people still listening to him? His music has been the same since I was a kid.

armin sucks too much :bad: :bad:

playing 3 to 4 good tracks in ASOT every week is not good enough for me anymore.

imo John 00 Fleming deserves the #1 spot. :cat:

You do realize that as the number 1 DJ Armin has to please everyone to get to his position or even keep his spot. So the 3-4 good tracks we like might not be the 3-4 tracks other people like who are tuning in =P Just saying he's being very general to get people to like him, not to mention his poppy productions. Also, I can't complain about Armin's mixing ability. J00F has been doing very well for himself I don't see how he isn't in the top 100.

Hmm you have to admit Above and Beyond's Top 100 DJ Poll marketing scheme is hilarious. Clive Rudloe the wedding DJ is the greatest DJ in the world.

Someone mentioned tech house being less boring live. Completely agree. Great Genre. Although I am more of a trance person.

I'm quite a fan of tech trance DJ's, maybe Andy Moor and Sander van Doorn will reach top10 next year =P *wishful thinking*

Just a thought..with all the episodes armin has..wouldn't it be normal that he's in the to 5? Instead of trying to figure out what most people want.. he just plays EVERYTHING. Covers all his bases..

You can't exactly lose..

here is what i voted and their result:

1. Sean Tyas (54th place?!?!?)
2. Nitrous Oxide (not even on the list)
3. Manuel Le Saux (not on the list)
4. The Blizzard (Not on the list)
5. Andy Blueman (Not on the list)

where is kandi etc...? and the other trance DJ's?? :unsure:

seems like the other music communities are lager then us. but next year!!! :super:

Last edited:
thats true! WHERE IS THE BLIZZARD!?

rarararararrrarararaarraa RANT RANT RANT:P

here is the top 100 results for this year, and frankly this sux:P:P:P

deadmouse at 11th place:lol::lol::lol::P

The Top 100 Djs 're :

01. Armin van Buuren
02. Tiësto
03. Paul van Dyk
04. Above & Beyond
05. David Guetta
06. Ferry Corsten
07. Sasha
08. Markus Schulz
09. John Digweed
10. Infected Mushroom

De nuevo??? Desde hace años que esa maldita lista tiene a los mismos en las primeras 10 posiciones..¬¬

11. Deadmau5
12. Carl Cox
13. Sander van Doorn
14. Paul Oakenfold
25. ATB
38. Daft Punk
40. Bob Sinclair

Respeto las decisiones del publico, pero no creo que la gente de The DJ List haga lo mismo...simplemente, hay que observar a ATB en la posicion 25 :P y a bob sinclair en la 40??? Definitivamente, creo que esa lista apesta.

60. John O'Callaghan
61. Blank & Jones
67. Laurent Wolf

Yo diria que estos DJs tienen posicion mas arriba..

Someone mentioned tech house being less boring live. Completely agree. Great Genre. Although I am more of a trance person.

I'm quite a fan of tech trance DJ's, maybe Andy Moor and Sander van Doorn will reach top10 next year =P *wishful thinking*

De acuerdo con ustedes, pero la verdad, dudo que Andy o Sander lleguen aun a las primeras, por si solos...hacen buen trabajo, pero seria interesante escucharlos juntos, al menos en alguna ocasion...

System F es una prueba de que a veces, lo bueno de cada uno, se hace mucho mejor cuando mas se unen a la fiesta.

Todo sea por la buena musica :super:

Bueno...y revisando la lista detenidamente...mmm...
donde esta Ferry Corsten?

Para mi, Ferry no deberia desaparecer de los primeros 10

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, where's Lazarus, Veselin Tasev and Ronny K. :( :( :(
And sure, t4e :lol: :) :(

Hm..I wonder, BlackCard seems to understand english, but responds in Spanish. I only understand some bits of his sentences.

Sorry Tarek, He He. I understand english, but I want to other salvadoreans can post they comments too, about some topics. In El Salvador almost people only understand spanish :S

im surprised armin won the top 100. His old music is much better than his new by far !
:)
but thats just MY opinion. so who's 2 say anything right?

Hi there

Can you all pls calm down a bit

hings like ARMIN SUX are not the way to respect any Type of DJ / Producer.

Every of the top 100 has made his job very good, otherwise they werent in Top 100 ;)

So please be nice and give feedback and no such bashing against some DJs. If you personally dont like the DJ, its okay...but to bash against is not very nice, cause others like him...so its all personal liking

just my 2 Cents

for me i will look up to all the DJs in Top 100, cause where they are i never will be without hard hard work

Sorry Tarek, He He. I understand english, but I want to other salvadoreans can post they comments too, about some topics. In El Salvador almost people only understand spanish :S

good idea but you can post both spanish and english translation so we understand too :tongue: :)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, where's Lazarus, Veselin Tasev and Ronny K. :( :( :(
And sure, t4e :lol: :) :(
Maybe next year! :)

Hi there

Every of the top 100 has made his job very good, otherwise they werent in Top 100 ;)

So please be nice and give feedback and no such bashing against some DJs. If you personally dont like the DJ, its okay...but to bash against is not very nice, cause others like him...so its all personal liking

just my 2 Cents

for me i will look up to all the DJs in Top 100, cause where they are i never will be without hard hard work
Very wise words mate :bravo:

Maybe next year! :)

Very wise words mate :bravo:

Thanks Brother:friends:

I Think noone of the normal ppl know how hard the work of a DJ / Producer is and i just want that the PPL respect and understand that DJing and Producing is HARD WORK:grinning:

Oh haha ok..I was just a little confused..

Hi there

just my 2 Cents

ohh c'mon Jaycan, you know i am your friend but i disagree with you, in your point of view we can't comment anything, we can't tell this list or some dj sux? only talk good? if you are a public personality you have to live with bad comments or not? and i tell you this list sux badly and some of them shouldn't deserve to be in the list in my opinion:music:

And i refuse the called "political correct" just to be nice and it's not what i am thinking.

:hug:

Last edited:
I see that some people are complaining about bad productions of some of the djs and then contradicting themselves by saying that top100 list is a dj list and not a producer list. if you think that top100 is a dj list, no need to bash djs' productions.

Yes it is true that most people probably vote based on the productions of the djs, but you can't really change how people vote.

It is also true that some djs deserve to be higher, and some to be lower, but it is simply a popularity contest. Most votes are gathered at large festivals rather than radio shows imo (no offense to anyone). If you compare the top100 list to the lineups of the major summer festivals, you can see what I'm trying to say. (many of the djs in the lineups ended up in top100).

Armin might have a bad album for some people, and his sets might not be great, but he does still attract a great number of listeners every week(both his radio show, and live sets). And even though many people complain about his sets, I'm sure there are many more that like them.

My logic of votes:

Good tracks => air time on radio shows, and other djs live sets => more booking for you (with the help of some marketing/managing) => more record deals + more votes.

anyways.. that was my 2 cents.. felt like i had to add something to the discussion :)

I see that some people are complaining about bad productions of some of the djs and then contradicting themselves by saying that top100 list is a dj list and not a producer list. if you think that top100 is a dj list, no need to bash djs' productions.

Yes it is true that most people probably vote based on the productions of the djs, but you can't really change how people vote.

It is also true that some djs deserve to be higher, and some to be lower, but it is simply a popularity contest. Most votes are gathered at large festivals rather than radio shows imo (no offense to anyone). If you compare the top100 list to the lineups of the major summer festivals, you can see what I'm trying to say. (many of the djs in the lineups ended up in top100).

Armin might have a bad album for some people, and his sets might not be great, but he does still attract a great number of listeners every week(both his radio show, and live sets). And even though many people complain about his sets, I'm sure there are many more that like them.

My logic of votes:

Good tracks => air time on radio shows, and other djs live sets => more booking for you (with the help of some marketing/managing) => more record deals + more votes.

anyways.. that was my 2 cents.. felt like i had to add something to the discussion :)

yeah you right nowadays it's difficult to separate a dj from producer, the dj's usually produces their own tracks, and it's easy for the voters put all together :)

Last edited:

Back