Top 100 Dj's results

ohh c'mon Jaycan, you know i am your friend but i disagree with you, in your point of view we can't comment anything, we can't tell this list or some dj sux? only talk good? if you are a public personality you have to live with bad comments or not? and i tell you this list sux badly and some of them shouldn't deserve to be in the list in my opinion:music:

And i refuse the called "political correct" just to be nice and it's not what i am thinking.

:hug:
good point and i agree!

this is a thread where we're discussing the result of the top 100 djs, and people should be allowed to say what they want, and i don't think the type of feedback shouldn't really matter. We're all different and not like the same stuff, and thank god for that :lol:

Hey All! :friends:

The poll result is also quite not what I've voted, but ok :grinning: it's done and it's a result, thus: congratulations to all the DJ's who are glad with their position ! :bravo:

Well, let's now consider the actual meaning of this result for us, as AH-addicts...

As mentioned before by others (several times) I also think the DJ Mag poll gives more an overview of DJ popularity and knownness. I think it's not easy to avoid this in 'big public polls'. And the DJ Mag poll is containing a broader range of DJ's from the EDM scene than we're addicted to here on AH. (Actually a bit comparing apples and pears... :mask:)

I think for us a more relevant poll would be one under forum members here. (With taking into account a square-root kind of shape weighfactor over the time involved by AH, for example. This ensures that people involved longer here have a bigger influence.)

The most important information I extract from the DJ Mag Poll is that the genre Trance is the leading one of the EDM-scene, followed by House, and that's i.m.o. a nice result :).

Thus, to say it somewhat cryptic: I think this poll is measuring the temperature in houses, while we want to know the temperature outside. Thus: hard to conclude from it the result we want to know, implying partly useless information in the poll for us.

Regards! :hug:

Last edited:
Have mixed fellings about AvB..
Next to the fact he is Dutch, he put up an amazing event called Armin Only. The set was ok, but it was one of the best nights I ever had (kick-off in Utrecht, Holland). And even though his new album is a bit poppy, I really like it. So I'm not surprised he's still number one.

On the other side other DJ's deserved the nr 1 spot aswell, because I think they are simply better.

Next to the fact he is Dutch, he put up an amazing event called Armin Only. The set was ok, but it was one of the best nights I ever had (kick-off in Utrecht, Holland).
in that light, you have to recognize that armin wasn't the first one that did this kind of "all night just himself" event. tiesto did that first with his "tiesto in concert" event. now of course everyone is doing it (menno, ferry).

Yeah that's but I mean... this year was the year of Armin Only World Tour + his new album. Offcourse also a PR stunt, but you can't deny this is a kick-ass event. And because of this people vote him as it's a popularity poll.

Now From 101 - 150 >

101. Hybrid
102. Robbie Rivera
103. Sebastian Ingrosso
104. Yoji Biomehanika
105. John Dahlbäck
106. Lisa Pin-Up
107. Valentino Kanzyani
108. John 00 Fleming
109. Luciano
110. Christopher Lawrence

111. John Graham