What do you hate about trance?

please listen to Glenn Morrison - Contact
yes it does... same drums, same chords..

That's one track :) please listen to at least 5 of his latest productions before you talk shit like that :) will you say MIKE is a crappy producer, just for the few bad tracks he made in the past? I guess you wouldn't, would you? Deadmau5 made contact together with Glenn Morrison, so that might ring a bell? After that Glenn Morrison did totally different stuff when he was producing his solo tracks. Just check out Cosmic Flight for instance, btw with an awesome Nick Warren Remix.

wow you guys start trippin out fast when someone talks bad about your beloved trance. But get your facts right before you start argueing ok?

Last edited:
huh? isn't is the other way around? jonas steur used to do good stuff in the past (aka estuera), but then turned to bleep blop.

but to his defense: simon steur is even worse.

other than that, i have to agree with pretty much everything that has been said here so far, with the exception of dissing paul miller - he's one of the best currently IMO.

what is bleep blop to you? he's making progressive clubmusic now, i don't know where the bleeps or the blops are in these tracks actually.. If you followed his latest releases you wouldn't say that..

Seni Seviyorum, Why Work When You Can Play, Holiday on Mars, Cold Winds... can't... locate.... bleeps.. n... blobs.... /error.

Last edited:
one thing that will never change, as it's a personal choice....we all have our individual tastes, so everybody's opinion is valid, it's not a case of right or wrong.

what is bleep blop to you? he's making progressive clubmusic now, i don't know where the bleeps or the blops are in these tracks actually.. If you followed his latest releases you wouldn't say that..

Seni Seviyorum, Why Work When You Can Play, Holiday on Mars, Cold Winds... can't... locate.... bleeps.. n... blobs.... /error.

i'm more talking about his sets than his releases. his latest releases are half-decent.

Wasting a perfectly good melody on a tech-fart noise lead lol :P

And quite alot of vocal stuff.

Remixes of songs like Cold Play,Lenny Kravitz etc.:P
and that Celine track I mean WTF!:lol:

The new minimal sound:chair:and what's the deal with that guy wearing a mouse costume:LMAO:

Some of the new vocal tracks are horrible,I may end up joining a certain group if it keeps up!

saturday20night.jpg

you forgot the worst of the century Rob, that guy called Eric Lumiere or whatever :P:P:P:P

Hmmm, where should I start...

Too many reasons - not enough space :lol: Plus everyone here knows my opinion ;)

That's one track :) please listen to at least 5 of his latest productions before you talk shit like that :) will you say MIKE is a crappy producer, just for the few bad tracks he made in the past? I guess you wouldn't, would you? Deadmau5 made contact together with Glenn Morrison, so that might ring a bell? After that Glenn Morrison did totally different stuff when he was producing his solo tracks. Just check out Cosmic Flight for instance, btw with an awesome Nick Warren Remix.

wow you guys start trippin out fast when someone talks bad about your beloved trance. But get your facts right before you start argueing ok?

Glenn Morrison and Deadmau5 samething for me. :lol: they both suck..

i'm more talking about his sets than his releases. his latest releases are half-decent.

but DL was talking about his tracks. I also don't agree that Jonas Steur's sets are about bleep blop music :) but ok. I'll let you do it. If you find melodic techno bleep blop music then it's ok for me, personally i think that's just being to narrowminded. Just check out the set he did for benelux in the mix, no bleep in there :) and actually no techno either

Glenn Morrison and Deadmau5 samething for me. :lol: they both suck..

yea that's a nice objective reply on my objective statement :)

I take it you agree with me Glenn Morrison isn't ripping off deadmau5 :)

Some songs take forever to get released EG: J.O.C - Marshmellow won't be released for at least 3-4 months.. And the anti climactic break in songs sometimes they go together "Fade to Black" is a dam good example. Jonas Steur IS STILL AMAZING !! go to trancefix.nl and get some sets Config agreeing with you on that one mate.

but DL was talking about his tracks. I also don't agree that Jonas Steur's sets are about bleep blop music :) but ok. I'll let you do it. If you find melodic techno bleep blop music then it's ok for me, personally i think that's just being to narrowminded. Just check out the set he did for benelux in the mix, no bleep in there :) and actually no techno either

what's narrow minded about not liking something? i don't call you narrow minded for not liking drum n bass, or folk music or whatever either, do i? the point is that the main page here doesn't say "the best in melodic electro", so this has no place here.

edit, since this isn't about AH: in fact such music has no place in any set of any dj that calls himself "trance" dj, IMO.

Last edited:

huh?...what is that? :lol:

techno is techno...bleep blop all the way and not much of melody, depending on my mood i do listen to some but not a whole day :P:P

huh?...what is that? :lol:

techno is techno...bleep blop all the way and not much of melody, depending on my mood i do listen to some but not a whole day :P:P

well melodic techno is everything but bleep blop all the way , with lots of entrancing melodies, some even more uplifting than the average uplifting trancer :) Check out Aril Brikha - Winter for instance :)

what's narrow minded about not liking something? i don't call you narrow minded for not liking drum n bass, or folk music or whatever either, do i? the point is that the main page here doesn't say "the best in melodic electro", so this has no place here.

edit, since this isn't about AH: in fact such music has no place in any set of any dj that calls himself "trance" dj, IMO.

The fact is; Jonas Steur doesn't call himself a trance dj, and i don't say he is either. I just say he doesn't play bleep blop music :) And a lot of his sets can still be considered as trance sets actually. If you can still consider a Rank 1 set as a trance set, if you consider a Duderstadt set as one, then Jonas' sets easily are trancesets too, they are just full of melodies. Why can't a dj play a wonderful melodic track in a tranceset, considering the fact that the track isn't seen as a trancetrack? No one should have problems with melodies, that's what it was all about..

terrible popish i cant sing for **** vocals and waaaay too happy trancey melodies (eg: nitrous oxide remix of Sakura :wacko: )

edit: one more to add: crappy rap elements used in trance (eg: ferry corsten's remix of bring the noise by Public Enemy) :yikes: :yikes: (and sander van doorn's bootleg of timbaland ft one republic - apologies) Oh Mylanta! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
:LMAO:

Your getting very angry:). Calm down:grinning:. Everybody hears things differently. What sounds great to one sounds terrible to another. Thats the way we are.

Personally I hate anything techy in trance such as synth sounds that sound like a drill or scraping knives. And I don't like that squelchy base sound that appears in somany songs and most male vocals are a turn off too.

Back