• Paul Van Dyk

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • Tiesto

Votes: 17 8.3%

• Total voters

Neil Bamford

Registered
Reaction score
who do u think is the best producer out of the top 5 and give reasons why aswell. i personally think Above & Beyond cos there trance is reet up my ally.

what do u think?

Ferry Corsten without a shadow of a doubt. Even though I'm not a fan of his stuff these days (haven't bought a Ferry tune for 5 years now), his influence on the genre as a whole between 1997 and 2001 is unparalleled before or since and I'm confident we're likely to never see such again.

William Orbit - Adagio For Strings (Ferry Corsten remix)
Moonman - Galaxia
Moonman - Don't Be Afraid
Marc et Claude - La (Moonman's Flashover mix)
Sundance - Sundance (Moonman remix)
Cascade - Transcend (Moonman remix)
Mothers Pride - Learning To Fly (Moonman remix)
Lovechild - Liberta (Moonman mix)
Art of Trance - Madagascar (Ferry Corsten remix)
Generator - Where Are You Now (Moonman mix)
Cygnus X - The Orange Theme (Moonman mix)
Pulp Victim - The World 99 (Moonman mix)
System F - Out Of The Blue
Soundcheck - Minddrive
Albion - Air
Eon - Pocket Damage
System F - Cry
Gouryella - Gouryella
Gouryella - Walhalla
Gouryella - Tenshi
Gouryella - Ligaya
Binary Finary - 1999 (Gouryella remix)
Vimana - We Came
Vimana - Dreamtime
Veracocha - Carte Blanche
Ayla - Ayla (Veracocha mix)

And that's just a selection from all of these he's been involved with down the years:

Aliases: 4x4, A Jolly Good Fellow, Albion, Bypass (4), Cyber F, Dance Therapy, Delaquente, Digital Control, East West (2), Eon (2), Exiter, Ferr, Firmly Undaground, Free Inside, Funk Einsatz, Kinky Toys, Lunalife, Moonman, Nutter, The, Party Cruiser, Pulp Victim, Raya Shaku, Sidewinder (2), Skywalker (4), System F, Zenithal

In Groups: Alter Native, Blade Racer, Discodroids, Double Dutch (4), Elektrika, Energiya, FB (3), Fernick, Gouryella, Mind To Mind, Nixieland, Penetrator, Project Aurora, Riptide, Roef, S.O.A, Scum, Selected Worx, Sons Of Aliens, Soundcheck, Spirit Of Adventure, Starparty, Tellurians, The, Veracocha, Vimana

I've all the respect in the world for the others in this poll (PvD and Armin were responsible for my favourite and 2nd favourite tunes of all time respectively) but I don't think any of them are "better producers" than Ferry.

Over time it may turn out that Above & Beyond or someone else releases more quality trance classics than Ferry did in total, but I no-one will come close to doing it again in a 4 year period before moving onto something different.

And if nothing else, the reason why trance is globally massive today and not still some leftfield, underground cult genre, is because in 1998 and 1999 it captured the imagination and hearts of the world. And the producer who did more for that than anyone else....was Ferry Corsten. :grinning:

Last edited:
good reply! lol

i love ferry he is amazing and he has got his own genre defining style and all his tunes are crazy, but, :) above & beyond know how to turn my wheel, u know?

at the moment Above & Beyond

used to be Ferry Corsten...

then Armin Van Buuren

then Paul Van Dyk

All of those guys have others who help them to produce music. I voted for tiesto his music, because that has the most variety in dance music. The other producers use more the same samples etc..

I would say AvB, Tiesto and Ferry Corsten ...all 3 were really important for making Trance what it is today....
So,for me they are the most important producers, and also the most versatile, for all the aliases and inumerous choons they created...

at the moment Above & Beyond

used to be Ferry Corsten...

then Armin Van Buuren

then Paul Van Dyk

lLOL all of that except Above & beyond are following the Paul van Dyk steps:lol::lol:

yeah Above & Beyond definitely, and some Swedish producers too, like

Onova

Sebastian Brandt

Airbase

Carl B

Considering the question was 'Who IS the best producer?' I would have to say Above and Beyond without a doubt.

You have all listed who was the best producer... We live in the present not the past :p

Trance is sounding better that it has ever sounded before and out of the list above Im gna have to side with A&B.

I can think of a lot better producers out there though but they're not on the list :)

i cant vot, cause one of the best is missing in the list

TORSTEN STENZEL aka ACE, AKA SUSSPISSIUS AKA ...

also missing the good old PAUL OAKENFOLD.:music:

o yes, oaaakieee!
too bad he sucks these days :(
funny that nobody voted for pvd :)

I like Armin simply because of the epic sound that all his tracks have, and the large emotional impact they all leave in comparison to so many of the trance tracks I listen to.

Armin's new album ''imagine'' owns to be honest!

o yes, oaaakieee!
too bad he sucks these days :(
funny that nobody voted for pvd :)

i vote for PVD.

he was the best producer when armin was yet a child.
must remember those cool years back to 90's

i dont know what happened with him, his tracks aren't even available to purchase in certain zones.

what happened with his GLOBAL music???. hope he get back to the floor and remember those great years when he produced music for everyone.

Paul oakenfold is also a great producer, but his music is not well distributed.

for me the best for now at this single moment is Lange. awesome album.

Last edited:
:p i'm speechless to the question... but i do love armin tiesto pvd okey and so on... but most of ALL ............I LOVE AH.FM until i die........as a matter of fact ...ima gonna put you (ah.fm) in my will.... that is to have ah.fm playing at my funneral .....and show every one what i love so much about AH.FM:hug:

Above & Beyond, for their great productions, beautiful melodies, although Ferry Corsten is the most talented of them all, imo.
One that is not mentioned and is one of the top producers nowadays is Sean Tyas, I'm addicted to his tracks and remixes!

so voted now for Ferry

is remixing in my eyes is better than the others but thats personal taste

all are good and have their highlights

I like Above and Beyond because of their sustained leads intertwined with their hot vocals. Very emotional.

Paul van Dyk (PvD) has my vote.
He's one of the hardest working artists, with sold-out tours that cross each continent, headline spots at every major festival, and a hugely successful recording career. He also travels around the world over 16 times each year to sold out performances internationally.:wow: I mean the guy has to be good.

Back