31-03-2007 Afterhours.FM Torrent Server *closed as of Dec 1st 08*

LiVE TORRENT BOARDz is the MAIN REASON i EVER listened to AH.FM, same with everyone else!

Dan, closing the boardz is a huge mistake ;(

edit by dan: please refrain on using such a big font in any of your posts, thank you

edit by Halucinogen: Closing the boardz is like giving a cookie to a baby and then taking it away after the FIRST BITE mang ;(

Last edited:
AH.FM still rocks! But i really really really gonna miss it in my car! :cry:
I'm a executive chauffeur, so i spent most of the day in the car.....

Last edited:
Going a bit far for 2009 now are we..the best in the galaxy..how do we know the aliens don't have the best trance?..:grinning2:

Good point, so I made an edit.
I've spoken with a friend at a Radio telescope array in Antarctic and he says that AH.FM is still the best in our Galaxy, cause he said he's checked, and there's no other better tunes in our, or even nearby galaxies, so far anyway.
1200096214_Photo%203%20-%20SPT%20w.%20sundog600.jpg

So if we really want to know for sure if AH.FM is the best in the Galaxy, we need to ask more Radio Astronomers. If you know anybody in this field in our world who is listening to the Stars for transmissions, ask them if they have heard better Trance and Progressive than AH.FM from our Galaxy.:blink::grinning2:

You know what would be absolutely AWESOME???

Afterhours.fm iPhone / iPod touch app. An app that lets you 1) tune into the live stream and 2) listen to OnDemand :)

Something to consider for the future, maybe?

Well I know that I don't post a lot on this forum, but I do get on quite a bit, and I did use the torrent site as I am a driver for my job so I am very rarely on a computer to use the On Demand service, so I have to say that I am very disappointed that the Torrent site is now gone. And whats worse is that I didn't learn of this development until today when I tried to log onto the torrent site. But I will just have to find another way to get the tracks, but I will probably not be on here all that much anymore. And I was really looking forward to listening to the whole EOYC 2, as obviously I couldn't listen 24/7 to all the great shows. I can only hope that I can find a torrent of it somewhere else. Good luck to Dan and AH.Fm I hope this new service doesn't kill your website or the great service you provide to the Djs.

Huh, it´s a tough story....

I´m missing the sound of AH in my car too, but we should accept the decision of Dan.
Everyone can record radio or TV for himself, but if he distributes it he´ll get by law.
That´s the problem with the torrent site: it distributes recorded shows!

It was a nice feature, but btw closing was the right thing for Dan.
I hope, no one will get some bad experiences by law....

Cheers an have a nice new year!

ingjur

Have a nice new year guys. On demand coming soon I should hope.

ahem............

ahem!

Coz am waiting to hear a lot of sets from EOYC that I have missed, including that of Dan.....

are there still plans for that on demand system?
i realy gonna like it.. when does it start?

Hello Dan!
It sounds like VAPORWARE!
any announcemnets regarding the upcomining On Demand servicce??
cya
Perry

its in works mates ... :) once i know more info ill post some screenshots :)

As you who have been following this thread know, I threw a most un-Cat Lady hissy fit when I learned the Torrents Site was going down. I was angry, PO'd, unhappy, aggravated, and irritated. And that's putting it mildly. I was so upset, my good friend T4E had to call my attention to the fact that I was acting like a bitc_h.

Oh dear. She was right. I re-read what I wrote, and I surely was being a bitc_h and I apologize for that.

So anyway, I fretted and fumed during the daytime, and I tossed and turned at night, wanting someone to do something about it. No one did, nor made any noises like they would. Well, alright, damn it, I WILL! Ack!

So I've put my money, time and effort where my very loud mouth is. I found a like-minded partner, SentriX, some folks to help with technical issues, and I leased a server down in Miami. After a few fits and starts, we were more or less up. We are still having some technical issues, but those will sort themselves out over time. So here it is!

Trance on TAP!

Trance-AfterParty.com

Now, you have to understand what my motivations are in all of this. They are completely altruistic and loving. I LOVE AFTERHOURS. And IMHO, Dan is akin to a god for doing all this just for us and for the love of Trance. Yeah. I'm hooked into that. I'm doing this for YOU and for the love of Trance and AH. It's just not good enough for me to have AH on my computer. I need it in my car, on my iPods, my other MP3 players, and my CD player. Yeah, I'll freely admit it. I am AHdicted and I gotta have it everywhere I am.

I KNOW that I'm not alone. And while you can go to the DJs sites and download the sets yourselves, it's a pain in the ass to go to 100 different places to get that material. I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I'M DONG IT NOW! ACK! We NEED one centralized location where we can get what we want. Hence, Trance-AfterParty.com was born to replace what we had. That is all that I am doing. I'm filling the void left by the departure of the original official AH Torrents Site.

There is no money in this. I'm not even breaking even. There is little to no fame and glory in this. It's expensive, and it's hard work and long hours to get those sets up there for you to download. The worst part is the time involved. Begging the DJs to let me promote their sets. (Even though I COULD simply rip the sets or go to their sites and download and put them up on TAP, I'm not doing it without their permission. There are a few notable exceptions to that rule, and while that makes me very unhappy, it can't really be helped. I don't want to talk about it.) Reminding them to help me to get their sets. Downloading the sets. Generating the torrent files. Uploading them to TAP. Since it's all being seeded from my own personal computer, I now have a noticeable lag in my internet experience when I'm in the Forum. If we can get some monthly donations (hint, hint), I will lease a seedbox. That will give me back my own system and make downloading MUCH faster for you all. But I can't do that right now. I'm still unemployed. My point in all this rambling is that this is not a project undertaken lightly. It is being done purely and solely to benefit AfterHours and YOU, the Members of AfterHours.

What is AfterHours' involvement in this? None. I get nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada. Believe me, if I had assistance from AH this would be a LOT easier, and TONS less hours of work for me. You cannot begin to believe how much I wish that they were involved. Unfortunately, Dan and his staff are not involved in any manner, shape, or form. The only exceptions are those who are DJs themselves and have graciously allowed me to carry their sets. Oh yeah, baby. I have nightly dreams about free and open relations between AH and TAP. I dislike politics, especially in business, but it's there and that's just the way it is. I feel for Dan.

What do I want out of all this? Not much. Ultimately, I want to go back to being just a Member of AfterHours. I want a one-stop-shop for ALL my AfterHours needs and desires right here on AH where it belongs. And that day is coming! Dan does new and wonderful things for AH every day, and it's only a question of time and resources. This is already a place of magic. And it's only going to get better. Until that time comes, I'd like to break even and be able to improve the system to make it more usable for you all. (hint) If you know any of the AfterHours DJs personally (OR IF YOU ARE ONE!) and I don't carry them, can you please ask them if it's alright for us to carry and promote their sets? And to PLEASE make it easy for me to get them? If you can offer technical assistance, hardware, bandwidth, or advice, that would be DEFINITELY greatly appreciated. And oh yeah, the occasional attaboy pat on the back feels really good, too, you bet. And that's it. I don't need anything else, except of course, your continued friendships.

So there you have it. Come check it out. You are all welcome. It's there for you. Note! The confirmation email might arrive in your SPAM box, so be sure to check there. We ARE still having issues with the mail client, so you might not get it at all. If that happens contact me!

So support AfterHours. Tell your friends to come join AfterHours and listen to the shows. Support your AH DJs. Download their sets from TAP and play them LOUDLY in your car and on your stereo. When your friends (and neighbors) ask what it is, tell when who the DJ is and that they can be heard here on AfterHours.

AfterHours.fm RULES and is the finest Trance and Progressive Radio Station in the world!

Trance-AfterParty.com. We're there to do our small part to help keep it that way. :loveah::cat:

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. If you don't mind me asking how much a month is it to rent a server?

EDIT: How good is the backbone down in Miami? I believe the original place where this was held was in NY on the best backbone available, but with a premium cost.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. If you don't mind me asking how much a month is it to rent a server?

EDIT: How good is the backbone down in Miami? I believe the original place where this was held was in NY on the best backbone available, but with a premium cost.

I am currently unemployed, and my site is currently unsupported, so we are talking about the low rent district (ServerPronto) and I am very sorry for that, but it's what I can do FOR RIGHT NOW.

I'm paying about $110/quarter (including TT&L). It's cheap, and it shows. I'm doing all the seeding myself on my home system except for the few who have downloaded and are seeding, too. So your downloading speeds are going to be in the cellar. But it's what I could do with little prep time and zero resources.

Personally, I'm hoping that this will only need to be a temporary stop-gap measure, and the ability to download sets will return to AH where it belongs. :grinning:

Besides, this is too much like work! I want to play! :lolz::cat:

I had a little PM chat with SentriX about this..I wanted to contribute sets that weren't there since I figured it's relatively new there wasn't going to be EvErYtHiNg..so I browsed for a very long time..and damn, TCL is quite the collector. She had everything I did, and MUCH more.

So it is worth it to go check it out, there's even some really old stuff.

I had a little PM chat with SentriX about this..I wanted to contribute sets that weren't there since I figured it's relatively new there wasn't going to be EvErYtHiNg..so I browsed for a very long time..and damn, TCL is quite the collector. She had everything I did, and MUCH more.

So it is worth it to go check it out, there's even some really old stuff.

Me? A collector? No one ever called me that before. I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks! (kiss) :hug:

I'm in the "begging and collection" phase now. I'm asking all the AH DJs if we may carry and promote their sets. For the new guys on the block, the new DJs and/or shows, I'm doing a little special promotion on our front page in the News section. It's the "collection" that's the hard part. But I'm getting the sets as fast as I can. Please bear with us while we gather them up and get some kid of system in place for getting them more easily than what I'm doing now. What I'm doing now sucks! It's too hard! I need an easier way! Ack! Someone help me!

We are also having several issues with our mail client. It doesn't seem to want to send out the confirmation emails in a timely manner. Plus, those emails are showing up in people's SPAM folder, so if you sign up be on the look out for that. If you don't get your email at all, PLEASE contact me right away. If you discover that you've timed out and got automatically deleted because of not responding to the email which you NEVER got, please resign up! We are working on it and hope to have it permanently fixed soon. Thanks for your patience! :super::hug::cat:

Back