31-03-2007 Afterhours.FM Torrent Server *closed as of Dec 1st 08*

sorry Dan i edited the other post to late, so the Replays here at the station still going too?:music:

yes we will have them here also, but little less and we will bring in more djs, but say you wanna listen to some show that played 5 months ago that you really enjoyed, well you will be able to.. or say you missed a show few days ago with this you will be able to listen.

Its all about the experience that were after. :grinning:

'On demand streaming only' this means trouble for me as place where I work we cant play internet radio ,so I just download sets o my Ipod & listen to them at work.I will miss download service :(

yes we will have them here also, but little less and we will bring in more djs, but say you wanna listen to some show that played 5 months ago that you really enjoyed, well you will be able to.. or say you missed a show few days ago with this you will be able to listen.

Its all about the experience that were after. :grinning:
Actually, this will suit me down to the ground, I've never quite got on board with the whole torrent thing anyway :grinning:

One thought though, do we think it will affect the number of listeners to the DJ that is currently playing? As people may come to the site and listen to old shows rather than the live stream? Then again, I don't know how busy the torrent site is so I don't know what effect it would have really...

Either way, I'm excited about the "new site"! :loveah: Can't wait to see what's in store :) Keep up the great work boss :ah:

'On demand streaming only' this means trouble for me as place where I work we cant play internet radio ,so I just download sets o my Ipod & listen to them at work.I will miss download service :(

Sadly, this means trouble for me too.. I'd love to listen to the sets while driving to work, but since I don't have the possibility of streaming to my car it means no more ah.fm to keep me happy while driving. :(

On demand should not reflect listeners... its the same as saying users wont tune in cause they can download the show 24hours later. LIVE is live, + this huge community is what makes AH unique.

I think on demand will actually make the service much more appealing. With all these podcasts coming out from each DJ, we see no reason to also offer downloads. We wanna have a central place where you can select the month and see a list of all shows that were aired, then click play and enjoy it.

DJ's have their hardcore fan base, either way they will tune in to the shows. Also on demand will work so 7 days later the sets will be available to listen rather then 24 hours later.

Last but not least, Im still working out the details and the whole concept. But at the end of the day my intention is to make AH.FM more enjoyable experience.

Just a question..I hope you don't mind me asking..but would recording those on demand streams be a "violation"?

I'm just looking for a workaround for those that like to listen to sets away from the computer

Just a question..I hope you don't mind me asking..but would recording those on demand streams be a "violation"?
as with most everything, depends on your local legislation :)

on demand streaming is just that, audio streaming. it's not a download, you cannot directly download the set, so transferring a 1-hour set will take exactly one hour. that's the whole thing about on demand streaming. whatever you do on your side with it is really beyond our control. (which of course doesn't mean you're allowed to do it, see first paragraph :))

But I mean..to you guys,would you consider it an "insult" or something if I downloaded your sets for example for private listening?

I respect ah.fm's wishes..if they don't want me to, then on-demand only it is.

But I mean..to you guys,would you consider it an "insult" or something if I downloaded your sets for example for private listening?

I respect ah.fm's wishes..if they don't want me to, then on-demand only it is.

what you do at your time :) is up to you mate

:friends:

I just thought it'd be kinda like illegal downloading. If you guys don't put up the choice, then obviously you don't want people to do it..

Didn't read whole topic, heh, it'll be time for me to spam dj's pms like that "plx plox where can I download ur amazing set mate" :lol: Especially Lazarus and Ronny K. :) and other DJ's, that 4 sure :)

Whatever it'll be, I trust Dan and AH family, all will be fine :grinning: :music:
:ah::ah::ah:

ps
sry 4 my english again ppl :hug:

I'll miss the download option for sure. :(

On demand replay will be good, but I love listening to my fav shows while I'm either driving or working on computers not connected to the Internet. Even though I understand why some people will like the change, the disappearing of the torrents is a bad news for me. This was one of the main reasons that made me register onto this site (apart from the friendly community), since I always thought the download option was a real plus for an Internet Radio.

No more burning to discs and sharing with friends. :(

I suppose it wouldn't be possible to offer both services i.e. torrents and on demand replays ? :cry:

hello all, I do understand your frustrations in not being able to download the shows, but for AH.FM to grow and be supported by many other sites torrents had to go.

We wanna make the whole experience more better & professional for DJ's and the community.

Thank you for understanding.

... but for AH.FM to grow and be supported by many other sites torrents had to go...
seems to be irrevocable.

I always miss some shows because they are scheduled while I'm still at work or I'm already sleeping or whatever. On demand listening will be the lesser evil. It is not the same like downloading but still better than having no chance to listen to a particular show. Hopefully on demand replay will be as convenient as torrents are now.

Bye Bye torrents.ah.fm :wavecry:

Last edited:
hello all, I do understand your frustrations in not being able to download the shows, but for AH.FM to grow and be supported by many other sites torrents had to go.

We wanna make the whole experience more better & professional for DJ's and the community.

Thank you for understanding.

all will be great. Im sure :):grinning:

Torrent site to close

Was really disappointed to hear the torrent site will close!
That was how I really got into AH.FM in the first place.

I take it the trackers will go off-line too?

I currently seed about 65GB of shows from here, but if they are closing the site down is there any point in me seeding all this after the end of December?

Will it still be possible to download AH.FM shows from other websites??

Sorry for all the questions, but listening 'live' or listening 'on demand' just aren't viable options for me, with my lifestyle.

I don't spend much time near a PC or anything that gives me access in that way.

My only chance is to download all my favourite stuff when I can at weekends, stick it on my ipod and listen when I can during the week.
Particularly in the car, as I spend a lot of time driving these days.

If it's still possible to get sets in other ways, then all good I guess.

There is no point in other people hosting them if the same sets are then duplicated via torrent I suppose.

Last edited:
Was really disappointed to hear the torrent site will close!
That was how I really got into AH.FM in the first place.

I take it the trackers will go off-line too?

I currently seed about 65GB of shows from here, but if they are closing the site down is there any point in me seeding all this after the end of December?

Will it still be possible to download AH.FM shows from other websites??

Sorry for all the questions, but listening 'live' or listening 'on demand' just aren't viable options for me, with my lifestyle.

I don't spend much time near a PC or anything that gives me access in that way.

My only chance is to download all my favourite stuff when I can at weekends, stick it on my ipod and listen when I can during the week.
Particularly in the car, as I spend a lot of time driving these days.

If it's still possible to get sets in other ways, then all good I guess.

There is no point in other people hosting them if the same sets are then duplicated via torrent I suppose.

I understand your frustration in regards to not being able to freely download any show you want. There is nothing we can do to help you in your situation since you dont have time to tune into the shows, but rather just download them.

Im sure other people will make use of the on demand.

Like many others, I will miss the torrents a lot. Is it possible to keep the torrents running with a monthly fee to those who want them?

Like many others, I will miss the torrents a lot. Is it possible to keep the torrents running with a monthly fee to those who want them?

Sorry to say but this is not possible, we can't charge to download the shows.
ON Demand will be really easy to use, concent is still being developed.

I assume there is not enough money 'in the pot' to run both torrents and the on demand service through donations?

Looks like I am going to have to bribe our ICT depatment at work to let me stream AH.FM through their firewall!!!

Back