ASOT Vs. Club Life

ASOT VS Club Life

• ASOT (Armin van Buuren)

Votes: 261 70.4%
  • Club Life (Tiesto)

Votes: 68 18.3%
  • Can't choose (haven't hear Tiesto's show yet)

Votes: 42 11.3%

• Total voters
Oh, i'm talking about the mixing, not about the producing.
I do value a lot that Armin explores a lot through his ASOT mixes, but i rather think that Tiësto still goes deeper.

Professionalism: Compare Tiësto's Clockwork Orange, for example, with Armin's Shivers. I can see that Armin has been into the scene with a different focus, more like looking for a sound of himself reflected on what he listens. i don't know if you get it...

Basically, I think he's more kinda connected with trance music than Tiësto.

Armin >> Tiesto...
I dont like the 15 mins of fame. However can u get a feeling about the skills of a DJ in a 15 min set.....just remove it.

Tiesto should speak english to reach a more global audience, as it goes for club life... sometimes he plays some weird songs. i like them both, its like flavors of beer or something for me, and i LOVE BEER!

Learn Dutch :)

The Club Life Podcast is in English, however, usually only the first hour is a part of the Podcast.

What about Club Life vs A State of Trance vs Trance Around The World vs Global DJ Broadcast?

My mini summary of the 4:

Club Life delves into some house, & doesn't necessarily play newest tunes
ASOT has the newest trance/progressive tunes
TATW has the fresh Anjuna releases predominately + 30min guest mix
GDJB has newest progressive tracks + 1hr guest mix

At the end of the day, its all about taste, i don't think one show is better than the other, i like what they all bring to the table in terms of variety....which as we know...is the spice of life!

The Club Life Podcast is in English, however, usually only the first hour is a part of the Podcast.

What about Club Life vs A State of Trance vs Trance Around The World vs Global DJ Broadcast?

At the end of the day, its all about taste, i don't think one show is better than the other, i like what they all bring to the table in terms of variety....which as we know...is the spice of life!

agree :)

I could not agree anymore with you :ah:

To each their own I say. I used to love Tiesto hardcore, but every since he DJ'ed for the world at the Greece Olympics, he started going down hill and I slowly switched to Armin and now love him as much as I did Tiesto back in the day.... Buuren FTW!

Reason why I love Armin so much is beacuse he puts himself into his music... He makes the best tracks that he possibly can and I think he is a lot more in tune with the trance scene then Tiesto (now a days anyways). The other reason is because the man is brilliant... He decided to finish off a law degree as a Plan B just in case his DJ'ing career did not go very well. I have a ton of respect for him because of this.

Tiesto's days are almost over and I think it is time for newer and younger talent to rise to the top! OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW I SAY!!! :)

Last edited:
Lot of votes for ASOT. I think that both are the best weekly shows in the world. But my vote defenetly goes to TIESTO's CLUB LIFE. Hope to see more fans of Tiesto. Also big respect for Armin.

Lot of votes for ASOT. I think that both are the best weekly shows in the world. But my vote defenetly goes to TIESTO's CLUB LIFE. Hope to see more fans of Tiesto. Also big respect for Armin.

Weclome! :welcome:

I still have lots of respect for Tiesto, don't get me wrong.

:iloveahzq3:

ASOT for sure! Don't like current Tiesto's selection of trance tracks.

to be honest i prefer ASOT than Tiesto Club Life, but each one with their turn-ons and -offs

>>>>Club Life aint so bad cuz he starts with a whole hour with hi-nrg trance music (Club Life 008 is an example) but the rest of the session is confusing, a lot of styles mixings and i dont know if i like of this kind of session, neighter the most part of the public.

>>>>A State of Trance also has some turn-offs. Armin starts with a boring and tiring session @ the 1st hour but when the 2nd begins, the house comes down with choons after choons without stop until the end.

I enjoy both of them :) No reason not to enjoy the best of both worlds. They both have pros and cons, so it balances out.

A state of trance gives me a better look at what's new in the trance/progressive world, Armin has the best way of putting the perfect songs together whereas Tiesto still gives his commercial look on trance, also club life doesn't seem to be international in any way, another minus for club life is the monthly liveset from tiesto (with an almost predictable playlist), he really should consider putting more effort in it

A state of trance gives me a better look at what's new in the trance/progressive world, Armin has the best way of putting the perfect songs together whereas Tiesto still gives his commercial look on trance, also club life doesn't seem to be international in any way, another minus for club life is the monthly liveset from tiesto (with an almost predictable playlist), he really should consider putting more effort in it

English would help too... i still like both shows... ASOT ownz though...

:music::music::music:after hearing tiestos club life on 08/1907 i t would hve to say that tiesto is far better at bringing the obscure new anthems & trys to stay away from too much of the dutch bubble trancehat armin spins most of the time

of course ASOT is 100000x times better than club life , imo club life sux :(

Er...is there even a contest?

Edit: But I still listen to club life :)

The sole thing I like about the show is the fact that he will play older tunes. I hate it when DJs must play the "latest latest fresh off the record press" instead of good trance. Plenty of crap gets released

Last edited:

Back