Poll: What do Listeners want to hear more?

Hear more of??

• Dj Live sets @ Afterhours.fm

Votes: 216 46.9%
  • Fresh Singles

Votes: 41 8.9%
  • 50 / 50 singles and live sets

Votes: 204 44.3%

• Total voters
I prefer DJ Live sets. I like to know the DJ style and what is been rocking the dancefloors.

I prefer uncomercial Trance, Techno music.

Sometimes I listen to tracks, if i want to hear certain song. But most off all i listen to DJ sets, AH.fm :music:

Definitely DJ sets over tracks. I love the feel of continuous and mixed tracks over singles.

What I want here and would certainly be ideal fo me is a separate trance channel that plays just pure uplifting trance singles with regular updates not progressive in anyway or form and that automatically updates the title of the song that is playing so i dont have to rely on the unlikely appearance of a dj to tell me what's playing as happens so frequently in the main trance channel forum:( Plus a forum to post my comments on as on the main trance channel. This kind of thing I propose already exists at another station I go to and works wonderfully well. So I know its possible to do this. And I love it. So why not here? :smile:

:iagree: I'm totally with SUNNY all the way on this one! :)

Both.
I really like to hear new singles and fresh DJs
But sometimes i wanna let myself go to the live sets of some top DJs

I can see a lot of people would like a 100% uplifting trance radio, but I am definitely not a fan of that. Way too many tracks would be played way too many times and it would get really boring. I definitely prefer a mixture of progressive dj sets and some uplifting trance sets. There are a lot of different edm genres and it would be stupid to only play one kind. Dj sets are better than single trance tracks as it gives each track a unique feeling and atmosphere.

I can see a lot of people would like a 100% uplifting trance radio, but I am definitely not a fan of that. Way too many tracks would be played way too many times and it would get really boring. I definitely prefer a mixture of progressive dj sets and some uplifting trance sets. There are a lot of different edm genres and it would be stupid to only play one kind. Dj sets are better than single trance tracks as it gives each track a unique feeling and atmosphere.

The current bias here is towards progressive. And I mean heavily towards progressive. Whatever it is that progressive really means. It seems to be music with not much melody and little energy:lol: There are many days when uplifting trance barely gets a look in anymore. As far as tunes being over played you can now look in the tracklists for progressive sets and find the same tunes being played all the time. With a little bit of imagination this can be avoided. There is plenty of new trance coming out all the time. Plus there are many fine old tunes that are still worth a play, and i'm not talking about the obvious classics because most of those were done to death years ago, lol. You, your self, Kata, made a fine set of older stuff as I recall in the producer corner:friends: And its not all about big labels. You have to look further than that if your going to be original which most djs that play on here are not. There was a time when promoters wouldn't look at you unless you were doing something original that made you stand out from the crowd. But the internet has changed all that and now anything goes because there's nobody to tell you any different. That means there's nobody pushing you to try a little harder to make the grade. So now its a case of, Oh if he's playing it, well so will I:lol: So most djs today are simply clones of others who had more exposure. They dont look to originality because their peers are not being original.

As for playing other edm genres here other than trance, and, um, progressive, well isn't this place supposed to be just for trance and erm, progressive? Or maybe it doesnt really matter anymore. We get techno played on here. At one time that was supposed to be out lawed here. But not anymore, lol.

As for having single tracks played here, there needs to be a separate channel for that here in my opinion. It gives the listener a choice. Not everybody is into progressive. and show after show of progressive can be pretty monotonous as the sounds are often dreary and dull, lol. The station I listen most to has a channel that plays singles. and as its 98 per cent uplifting, its right up my street:megacrazy::)

Last edited:
The current bias here is towards progressive. And I mean heavily towards progressive. Whatever it is that progressive really means. It seems to be music with not much melody and little energy:lol: There are many days when uplifting trance barely gets a look in anymore. As far as tunes being over played you can now look in the tracklists for progressive sets and find the same tunes being played all the time. With a little bit of imagination this can be avoided.
100% true, I'm not favoring progressive in any way and if you find pretty much any "big" progressive dj, they play the same tracks every single one of them. But I fear that would happen too, if you only stick to uplifting trance.
I know you don't like slow tracks and that's fine by me, but I am still going to mention a more progressive dj I think is unique:
Orkidea have played some of the most unique and fantastic tracks here on Afterhours and that is why he, Bjorn Akesson and Lazarus, who tries to aim for the same direction, are my top 3 shows here.
Too many just plays tracks from "big producers", sometimes it is like they don't even listen to the track before spinning it, it just HAS to be good, right?

There is plenty of new trance coming out all the time. Plus there are many fine old tunes that are still worth a play, and i'm not talking about the obvious classics because most of those were done to death years ago, lol. You, your self, Kata, made a fine set of older stuff as I recall in the producer corner:friends: And its not all about big labels. You have to look further than that if your going to be original which most djs that play on here are not.
The big labels like, Armada, which got like a million sub-labels, only concentrate on 4-5 artists or something like that. If Beat Service comes with a new track, they'll sign it without even listening to it. The true, original EDM labels are mostly the ones which are being ignored by big dj's like Solaris and Silk Royal, the more progressive labels, and Arisa Audio and Silent Shore Records, the more uplifting, just to name a few. Today DJ's like AvB, A&B and so on only play tracks from their own labels...

There was a time when promoters wouldn't look at you unless you were doing something original that made you stand out from the crowd. But the internet has changed all that and now anything goes because there's nobody to tell you any different. That means there's nobody pushing you to try a little harder to make the grade. So now its a case of, Oh if he's playing it, well so will I:lol: So most djs today are simply clones of others who had more exposure. They dont look to originality because their peers are not being original.
True, we need a lot more unique and original dj's like Orkidea imo as I mentioned before.
To be honest I think Manuel Le Saux does a great job not only playing uplifting tracks you have heard a million times before, but also playes fresh, new tracks from new producers and I give him a lot of credit for that.
I never listen to AvB nor A&B, because they aren't original at any point. Many times it seems like: Hey, let's see what's on the top 100 chart and Beatport and let's play that! \o/

As for playing other edm genres here other than trance, and, um, progressive, well isn't this place supposed to be just for trance and erm, progressive? Or maybe it doesnt really matter anymore. We get techno played on here. At one time that was supposed to be out lawed here. But not anymore, lol.
I can see where you are getting at. At first this was a pure trance channel, but you can't really say to the djs what to play. If they wan't to play progressive tracks because of your image and because that's what you like, then you should.
I think Afterhours have moved from many uplifting trance tracks to the more progressive tracks, but who are we to blaim? The DJ's plays the tracks because of the n00bish trance listeners thinking AvB is the best in the world. Real trance is played by original djs like you have said, Avb and A&B just aren't original at all.

Just don't play a one hour set with drum'bass and such stuff :ee:

As for DJs ruining the Trance scene, i agree, AvB, A&B and their troop only play boring progressive with fart sounds and random 'melodies'.

But, not only progressive is ruined, for me Daniel Kandi already ruined the Uplifting Trance scene with his tracks that sounds the same thing over & over & over.... It's 'easy' to listen to this kind of trance. So, guess what what happened? Producers are now making tunes like Daniel Kandi does and uplifting trance is now boring as hell.

That's my opinion.

As for DJs ruining the Trance scene, i agree, AvB, A&B and their troop only play boring progressive with fart sounds and random 'melodies'.

But, not only progressive is ruined, for me Daniel Kandi already ruined the Uplifting Trance scene with his tracks that sounds the same thing over & over & over.... It's 'easy' to listen to this kind of trance. So, guess what what happened? Producers are now making tunes like Daniel Kandi does and uplifting trance is now boring as hell.

That's my opinion.

I agree, but not all the artists do that. you really have to look for the good ones, that's the hard work today! constantly looking for new and upcoming uplifting talents that are not yet ruined by the vision of becoming famous

I agree, but not all the artists do that. you really have to look for the good ones, that's the hard work today! constantly looking for new and upcoming uplifting talents that are not yet ruined by the vision of becoming famous

Haris C, Suprano and Impulsive Drive are amazing uplifting producers :wink:

How about sets and mixes that showcase the latest tracks? Kill two birds with one stone ;)

I like singles, cause then I can go and look for them on Youtube to add them to my playlist. But the sets are also good for just the non-stop beat and uniqueness.

Back