Welcome to AH Danmark!!!!

life goes on ...

http://forum.ah.fm/members/925-danmark_ori/#vmessage34847

:friends: Thanks Young Free ! :grinning:

Girl-and-boy polar bear twins survive by artificial rearing - The Weather Network

phpThumb.php

A couple of girl-and-boy polar bear twins have survived after three months of artificial nurturance at the Dalian Laohutan Pole Aquarium in Northeast China's Liaoning Province.

The twin polar bears, abandoned by their mother and once on the verge of death, came out of the brood chamber Monday to meet the public.

Experts say it is rather rare for both the baby twin polar bears to survive.

The father and mother of the girl-and-boy twins were from Finland. As folk emissaries of friendship between China and Finland, they were presented by Finland National Park in 2001, and settled down at Dalian Laohutan Pole Aquarium. The twins are their second birth.

The lovely twins were born on Jan. 7, 2011. Four hours after they were delivered, their mother stopped nursing them, and left the baby bears alone on the icy cement floor, completely ignoring them.

After prudent weighing of pros and cons, animal experts decided to have the baby bears snatched from under their mother's paws despite the risks, and raise the twins by artificial rearing.

According to experts, in the wild very few twin bears could both survive. As the food available is limited, the mother bear usually picks the stronger baby to feed, and leave the other to trust its luck. Also the fertility of polar bears in the wild is very low, the exprience is precious for both the baby twins to be rescued and survive this time.

phpThumb.php

“At the time of emergency treatment, the baby bears' heartbeat stopped. I sat there and burst into crying. We three breeders all cried. While crying, I felt that its heart began to beat again, since its heart was close to mine, and its face was on mine,too,” recalled Li Li, a breeder at the Dalian Laohutan Pole Aquarium.

Under the care of breeders, the polar bear brother now weighs 16 kilograms, against 500 grams at birth. And it's over one meter tall. Its sister weighs a little lighter, at 15.2 kilograms, and it's 85 centimeters tall. They have already learnt to walk, and often play together.

Still they may face more tests in their growth.

“There's a process for the baby polar bears to go from drinking liquid milk to eating solid food. This process also is to have their digestive system adapted to various food and their physical function transformed. Through this test, they will be able to survive,” said He Jiadong, deputy director of the training department at Dalian Laohutan Pole Aquarium.

2012 : time can be spent only once : The Times They Are A-Changin'

Hello Friends :wave:

Hereunder the message I put an hour ago at the Happy Birthday Thread. Just to let you know :smile:

:rave: :dancing: danmark_ori :loveah:

:captain: .. .. ..

Now some notice. Since I started this very " Happy Birthday Thread ! " back in January 1st, 2008, the amount of (having birthdays :ee:) registered members of AH.fm has grown significantly. As has my personal circle of friends. As a result, taking care of and paying attention to these happy events gradually takes more time every month. At least, addressing the similar way I put so far. 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 : four years by now.

Today I give notice that I won't go on this intensive & time consuming way of messaging here anymore. Two < opposing > things happening.
1. Firstly, the above mentioned intensive way of greeting, often both here + vmessage + Facebook and / or e-mail with a steadily growing group of people.
2. Secondly: my choice + decision to spend less :crazy: time on-line starting this year, to spent more time off-line for music related activities.

A pretty hard decision for me, as the combination of music + nice people ( streaming AH.fm audio + AH.fm Forum ) is an enchanting & magnetic one ! :wub: :w00t: :super: :ah: :loveah: Yet I feel I have to: time can be spent only once. It's one, or the other. Hence my dream using my synthesizers for instance would never turn into reality. Live your dream: an advise I read earlier and something to think about when you're taking fun and long-term satisfaction seriously.

Hence, I intend to use these monthly hbd lists as a ' platform ' + reminder for the hbd greeting itself, realised ( as before ) by vmessage, PM, e-mail or (handy ! :grinning: ) Facebook. I hope none of you is disappointed by this personal choice I make.

.. .. ..

:: The Times They Are A-Changin' - Bob Dylan ::

Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last

[ Lyrics from: The Times They Are A-Changin' Lyrics - Bob Dylan ]

Last edited:
:hug: Polar!!! :(

I am so glad I had chance to walk with Moosh and danmark_ori, of course. Good times.. It is sad because it was like 3 months ago but it seems like it was yesterday.. Be strong. my Friend. :smile:

I am so sad :cry:

She was such a sweetheart :wub:

When Danmark said this to me via google talk, i told him i know what you feeling because happened to me with the dog and the cat i had, so i am with you Danmark :(:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Rest in peace Moosh
Strength to you Danmark

:console: :hug: Polar :friends:

Last edited:
My heart is with you Danmark :console::hug::hug:

so very sorry to hear this news :(

now you know there's no light on the waves
but before i turn there's just one last word
then i'll try to forget you
now they say there's no light in the caves
and we all know there's no way out
i'll try and forget you
but before i go i must say
that in my heart you'll always be found
always but i'll try to forget you
i guess i'll forget you

Leafs are falling on my window
Turning cold in fire with the wind they go
I lost my way where do I go now
This looks just like the road I came down
Take a moment to live
Take a moment to cry
Take a moment to love
And don’t ask why
Moment to live
Moment to love
A steady hand can point me somewhere
I’m all the wiser for the many wrongs I’ve done
I’ve found some courage in my battles won
Never leads me far from where I’m meant to be
Take a moment to live
Take a moment to cry
Take a moment to love
And don’t ask why
My heavy heart, it pulls me
And I know you will be there
Take a moment to live
Take a moment to cry
Take a moment to love
And don’t ask why
Moment to live
Moment to love

Sorry to hear the sad news Danmark, i had the pleasure to know moosh and walk at her side, remember when followed us while walking in the streets. she had a good life at your side bro, dont be sad, she must be grateful for the amazing times at your side.

Sorry to hear the sad news Danmark, i had the pleasure to know moosh and walk at her side, remember when followed us while walking in the streets. she had a good life at your side bro, dont be sad, she must be grateful for the amazing times at your side.
Yeah, Mate - I had the same pleasure as I said earlier.

Back