31-03-2007 Afterhours.FM Torrent Server *closed as of Dec 1st 08*

Oh man..I've seen this kinda topic flare up too many times. It really depends on the person. Some people are real pirates and DL whatever they can get their hands..mouses on,others do it to get an "idea" of the album/artist/genre and buy it afterwards, and some well..just buy and discover later.

So really, P2P is the ultimate method for popularity, with an obvious setback.

Just for fun, I went to check on P2P networks and pirate websites, and there is ALOT of unknown material in which the popularity grows from there. IE: Dance Industries/Rock Industries

:book:

* reading *​

:dancing: I réally dó agree to the fullest KasieX puts above ! :cap:

.. .. .. But in this particular case, because of the importance of the subject, it should have been more than a one line post announcement in an existing thread. 10 days and 75 posts later, the explaining and listening is done and everybody, if not happy, at least understand.
.. .. ..

:clap: :bow: My very 1st thoughts at well, when confronted with the origin and later contents of this very thread. I'm incredible happy with your sharp observation, mild statements and positive attitude KasieX ! :grinning:​

well now is my turn to say something, i think people is making a storm in a glass of water about the torrents issue, i think for me doesn't make any difference the torrents going down, i even think Dan made a very good decision, because i see a lot of shows here at AH that the authors don't authorize to have theirs shows down loadable. Since the beginning, i never told this to Dan, but i was always surprised why AH had a torrents, because i always read some articles talking about torrents, principally from the labels side. So for me wasn't a big surprise when Dan told me the torrents will be shutdown.

And TCL you was a bit rude comparing one person that i refuse to tell the name with Dan, it's completely different, like day to night, when i came here for the first time and i already told this publicly and in private to Dan, he had and have a completely different approach with people, we need to give to Dan, support, because he made a dream come true, was creating a radio with music he loves and we love too, and believe me it wasn't easy for sure.
So don't be so rude with Dan, because all of his efforts it's to turn AH.FM a better place to be, and as he says from his own words this radio is not from him, it's ours.

So don't make a storm because of this, i believe AH.FM will be even a better place to be.

Last edited:
Well it`s all decided... But we`re curious what u think:
My vote is for On-Demand listening 8%
I prefer downloading & listen that way 89%

:mask:

well now is my turn to say something, i think people is making a storm in a glass of water about the torrents issue...

I don't think there is such a thing as a storm, there are people who have concerns that their ability to listen to AH.fm is on the line here. Of course they are defending their opinions, as is the staff. I think this qualifies as legimate conversation on the matter.

Bringing other sites in to the discussion is irrelevant, although I will be looking at other sites again for material to listen on while driving to work (1h drive, perfect for most sets). For me, this means that the service provided by AH.fm suffers a hit on quality, but it doesn't mean that i like AH.fm any less and most likely I'll stick with AH.fm when I'm able to tune in to the stream.

And just for the record, torrents are the thing that brought me to AH.fm. Back when Digitally Imported was still completely free and focused on eurodance and trance I was happy. Later on I switched to ETN.fm and again, I was happy. I didn't even look for alternatives before I noticed an announcement on Isohunt about AH.fm torrents which brought me to check out the contents and I'm still here. This is all irrelevant to the question, but torrents do bring listeners and so on...

Okay okay

Now its time...

A Site like AH was created by DAN, hes the Boss...he had made a few PPL Inner Circle called STAFF...together they decided what is the best for Afterhours and so they decide torrents will go down....they gave also an alternative thing....they told everybody why they decided it in that way....

And also some DJs and Producers said some words about...
You must know that some Djs get Promos from other DJs and Producers to be played in their sets to Promote...these days its really hard to get any Promos coz normally they are very quick swirring thru the I Net...PPL invest really much time to produce good musik...and to see then their tracks free for everyone is not good....the same with the DJ sets...its WORK yah focking WORK to do a set and it COSTS MONEY to get the tunes the DJ plays...he/she has to BUY the tracks he/she plays...so why should anybody use them for free ??? So why should there be a torrent to give ppl a chance to save their money instead supporting DJs and Producers and in generally the music business ??.... sure it is Promotion for a DJ when ppl listen their sets and maybe do it in their car so friends will listen etc. if you use good searchbasr you will find shitloads of STOLEN musik...i dont like that...i self found good RIPS from exclusive tunes many weeks before they are released...mostly coz DJ sets are free on torrent sites...not only ah...there are millions of those sites...but normally when you will listen to musik you have to buy it....when i want to hear something special i have to go to a shop and buy it....when i want to eat a T Bone Steak i have to buy it...when i want to drive i have to pay for it...so...

a free service is no longer available....damn...shit...wow...i need to pay for it to listen again ?? Woooohh my life is over ???

Nah...it isnt, it just goes the way it has to go

....so why you guys still discuss about ????

No body said that this is a democratic thing.... Dan has to do business and beware himself from any problems that may shut AH down and he also need to protect the DJs and Producers coz he give his word and do business with them...so.....calm all down...the bread is eaten...

mööööööööp

Last edited:
I've had a few days to calm down. I still think it stinks to lose that (to me) very valuable service. :(

That being said, Dan, I'm very, very sorry for climbing all over your case. You didn't deserve it. You are only doing what you think best for the station. I'm very sorry for being a bit_ch. I don't do it often, fortunately. I'm the kind who flares ups and gets it out of my system. I don't stew about things for weeks, months, years. I don't carry many grudges. Damned few in fact, and over time, even those few fade away. Please forgive me for my tantrum. (kiss) :love: :cat:

Last edited:
Well it`s all decided... But we`re curious what u think:
My vote is for On-Demand listening 8%
I prefer downloading & listen that way 89%

:mask:

It's about 94% against the "on-demand" over on the Torrent site. But hey, what would you expect? Those are the people who are being affected negatively, the ones who actually used the service. :LMAO::cat:

Jay Can. I didn't use it for free. I paid. Plus, I pay for tracks. I do actually BUY everything that I own in one way or another. Really and truly. I'm weird that way. AH is free, too, but I pay, because it's damned worth it to me. As soon as I can afford more, I'll pay more. Just like I should. Just like everybody should who thinks AH is as great as it is.

And it is. :super::cat:

Jay Can. I didn't use it for free. I paid. Plus, I pay for tracks. I do actually BUY everything that I own in one way or another. Really and truly. I'm weird that way. AH is free, too, but I pay, because it's damned worth it to me. As soon as I can afford more, I'll pay more. Just like I should. Just like everybody should who thinks AH is as great as it is.

And it is. :super::cat:

Heya TCL:friends:

My post was not against YOU it was against all the ppl getting everything for free in their life and against those ppl who have no shame about stealing things and make it public ( rippers ) or even harder making money with stolen music

cheers:hug:

I've had a few days to calm down. I still think it stinks to lose that (to me) very valuable service. :(

That being said, Dan, I'm very, very sorry for climbing all over your case. You didn't deserve it. You are only doing what you think best for the station. I'm very sorry for being a bit_ch. I don't do it often, fortunately. I'm the kind who flares ups and gets it out of my system. I don't stew about things for weeks, months, years. I don't carry many grudges. Damned few in fact, and over time, even those few fade away. Please forgive me for my tantrum. (kiss) :love: :cat:

:hug: no hard feelings, I want this station to grow and will do anything in my power to make that happen. I had no choice with this decision, its really best for us :) :friends:

:hug: no hard feelings, I want this station to grow and will do anything in my power to make that happen. I had no choice with this decision, its really best for us :) :friends:

:book: And that's why I'm having peace with the decision - in the end :cap:

Okay okay

Now its time...

A Site like AH was created by DAN, hes the Boss...he had made a few PPL Inner Circle called STAFF...together they decided what is the best for Afterhours and so they decide torrents will go down....they gave also an alternative thing....they told everybody why they decided it in that way....

And also some DJs and Producers said some words about...
You must know that some Djs get Promos from other DJs and Producers to be played in their sets to Promote...these days its really hard to get any Promos coz normally they are very quick swirring thru the I Net...PPL invest really much time to produce good musik...and to see then their tracks free for everyone is not good....the same with the DJ sets...its WORK yah focking WORK to do a set and it COSTS MONEY to get the tunes the DJ plays...he/she has to BUY the tracks he/she plays...so why should anybody use them for free ??? So why should there be a torrent to give ppl a chance to save their money instead supporting DJs and Producers and in generally the music business ??.... sure it is Promotion for a DJ when ppl listen their sets and maybe do it in their car so friends will listen etc. if you use good searchbasr you will find shitloads of STOLEN musik...i dont like that...i self found good RIPS from exclusive tunes many weeks before they are released...mostly coz DJ sets are free on torrent sites...not only ah...there are millions of those sites...but normally when you will listen to musik you have to buy it....when i want to hear something special i have to go to a shop and buy it....when i want to eat a T Bone Steak i have to buy it...when i want to drive i have to pay for it...so...

a free service is no longer available....damn...shit...wow...i need to pay for it to listen again ?? Woooohh my life is over ???

Nah...it isnt, it just goes the way it has to go

....so why you guys still discuss about ????

No body said that this is a democratic thing.... Dan has to do business and beware himself from any problems that may shut AH down and he also need to protect the DJs and Producers coz he give his word and do business with them...so.....calm all down...the bread is eaten...

mööööööööp

At some stage you got point JayCan :grinning: ,but i do believe that without these illegal stuff that internet owns (Torrents,Sharing Files...etc) Trance or Prog will never progress or reach higher levels.I understand your concern abt Djs and Producers,but i know one day we'll gonna produce a track or something like that :P & this track that i spent hours and days by working late night on it will be available as torrent or sharing link :) .... so let's face it no matter what Dan or AH staff support the topic , they (Fans,Listeners) will always find another way to download your track or your set elsewhere.

It's a huge disappointment that the torrent site is down. Via the torrent site i learned many new tracks, many new dj's. I listened to dj's i never heard before.
result will be...wll known dj's will even getting more wll known, new comers will not have any chance unless supported by some of the well known.......

From my point of view leave it to the artist whether sets are allowed to be downloaded or not.

It's a huge disappointment that the torrent site is down. Via the torrent site i learned many new tracks, many new dj's. I listened to dj's i never heard before.
result will be...wll known dj's will even getting more wll known, new comers will not have any chance unless supported by some of the well known.......

From my point of view leave it to the artist whether sets are allowed to be downloaded or not.

Exactly! +1

I'll miss the feature. :(

good point :yes:

edit: andy's was good as well :book:

Last edited:

The point is: A set consists of copyrighted material and letting people download such a set for free is not really legal.

A DJ would have to ask all producers/labels whether it's okay for them when people can download a set, which includes tracks by that artist/label, for free.

So a DJ can't just say "It's okay for me when people can download it for free", as this doesn't make it legal :wink:

Back