ASOT Tune Of The Year prediction

The best uplifting comes from the deepest non-vocalized trance. That's a fact, not an opinion, and nothing will ever change that. If the tune can get to you without the need of vocals..just the wooing of the slow strokes and the quick notes, then that, is uplifting trance.

I fail to see how In and Out of Love is uplifting..even when I enjoyed the track I considered it more..well..I considered it way too noisy for uplifting..

After today's terrible top 20, I can appreciate the sets on AH even more. :super:

:beer2: for the minimum vocal and cheese for the next 13 days

You can't deny though that some vocals exceptionally spice up some trance :beer2:

Oh well i am really tired with the whole subject ! the conclusion is people have to be carefull what they are going to vote and they have toTHINK AS edm Fans and not like ASOT fans or Armin fans etc
+1. some noobs are just into what armin says, i cant imagine how they are in real like, losers! haha
You can't deny though that some vocals exceptionally spice up some trance :beer2:
some, but what armin played, it was just pure joke, for good vocals, the trance itself plays major part in it tho.

/me plans in 2009 to sabatoge armin's CDJ bag by burning up all his cheesey lame pop vocal tracks and replacing them all with banging astral projection and other golden psytrance tracks :grinning2:

:mask:

/me plans in 2009 to sabatoge armin's CDJ bag by burning up all his cheesey lame pop vocal tracks and replacing them all with banging astral projection and other golden psytrance tracks :grinning2:

:mask:
ha, i wish, psytrance i better than pop cheese stuff:grinning2:

come on people, keep real trance alive, it's all just pop music these days, the real trance is elsewhere! kinda funny when you look back, armin saying things like -> YouTube - Armin van Buuren funny interview (2004) and now he's doing exactly that himself. he's a money making machine, it's all commercial, he doesn't care about trance any more, he's doing what the masses of people like and that's pop(ular) music. so screw it, asot and armin aren't trance any more (and haven't been for a long time)l, so lets move on!

u speak the divine truth dfx :iagree:

the entire globe went insane again with this anyway i didnt tuned in to be honest
with 1870 people voting for that No 1 I have still hope fpr the globe...:mask:

yeah, the problem is that the ASOT tunes have a huge influence on a many "trance" DJs, which is why the cheese is so overplayed...
no, it's the flavour of the young trance kids growing up right now (which is always the broadest base for influencing trends and opinion making) so producers make it and DJs have to support it.
Those kids will be sitting here in 5 years time criticising the same influences the uplifting peeps do right now.

Also we're complaining alot about bad DJ sets but keep in mind that esp sets showcasing new tracks have to make with what is being released, remember ASoT is not a club mix and this vote wasn't casted by Armin but his "listeners".

PvD plays generic uplifting - and thats boring too? - you have to mix it up in order to get the best effect - pure uplifting is just boring - i've never heard of people going to sleep during a set - before PvD played here :p -

the real reason behind this voting is the fact that probably more than 50% of the votes originated in the US - i mean how many votes can the polish ppl muster if Oceanlab, Akesson etc didnt get higher?

if you are to continue to ***** over Armin take a look at the yeamix! - his personal belief and taste clearly shines through there!!

- and a sidenote - wtf do you fight over "real" and "not real" trance? - in the end its the crowds decision? - some people moaning about it all over a chat and a website doesent change the world! - and clearly it pisses me off since i dont think Trance is in a position where it can be worthwhile to have a fight within ranks..

and lastly - t4e - Nice quote by M.I.K.E? - did he actually let you quote him for that?

Above & Beyond pres Oceanlab - Breaking Tiesor
Sunlounger feat Zara - Lost

There are just so many good songs, makes it even harder to chose one!

PvD plays generic uplifting - and thats boring too? - you have to mix it up in order to get the best effect - pure uplifting is just boring - i've never heard of people going to sleep during a set - before PvD played here :p -

the real reason behind this voting is the fact that probably more than 50% of the votes originated in the US - i mean how many votes can the polish ppl muster if Oceanlab, Akesson etc didnt get higher?

if you are to continue to ***** over Armin take a look at the yeamix! - his personal belief and taste clearly shines through there!!

- and a sidenote - wtf do you fight over "real" and "not real" trance? - in the end its the crowds decision? - some people moaning about it all over a chat and a website doesent change the world! - and clearly it pisses me off since i dont think Trance is in a position where it can be worthwhile to have a fight within ranks..

and lastly - t4e - Nice quote by M.I.K.E? - did he actually let you quote him for that?

so in your words we can´t even criticize? we can't even say anything for any dj's? as a public personality they must be used to face the critics, give me a break please.

I think this post of yours wasn't necessary:P:P:P

Poor dj's nobody can say anything to them, how shame, what do you think or they think they are? untouchables?

glad i wasn't tuned. but what's going on really? everyone talk about asot like it's a pop show, and even thought they are still listening to it!! there are way better shows then ASOT. too bad really. but still it's the show witch have the most number of listeners :wall::wall:

ASOT was not a pop show in the past!You should check the tracklist of the old episodes and you realised that it was really a good show!Its become way too much popular,sorry i cant named it a pop show still,for alot of reasons likethe ammoount of people who started to listen EDM,the fact that Armin became number 1 and this show popularity raised and thats the main reason what happend really!

You can compaire this with Tiesto he hasnt vote for number one those 2 years since Armin has taking up his place and what do we see?Still alot of people are maniacs with him,his concerts are sold out etc etc etc!

I remember i asked long time ago Armin if he really wanted to be number one and his replied that ofcource he wanted but music is the most important stuff!I believe him somehow even that i had doubts about which they became true!

I dont think its Armin fault for all of these stuff!I gues the main reason is the popularity and how this can move fans from one dj to another!

(aww i wrote more than two lines hehe:mask:)

this is very very true!the same happend as well with the dj mag voting last year for the best dj!alot of people were talking that US has a different style from Europeans and they usually vote the opposite from here as well!

BUT

I dont think this has something to do since alot of US people is visiting Europeans gigs such as in UK,Holland etc so its like you are saying they have their own EDM style and Europeans have theirs!

so in your words we can´t even criticize? we can't even say anything for any dj's? as a public personality they must be used to face the critics, give me a break please.

I think this post of yours wasn't necessary:P:P:P

Poor dj's nobody can say anything to them, how shame, what do you think or they think they are? untouchables?

i think its fair enough to critisize - but at a normal level - i mean - your point now and 3 months ago is the same - aka you dont need to state it on a daily basis? - some people like Vocals some dont, some likes only uplift some dont.

the primary difference is that we dont always tell people what we think they should believe :) - especially the constant references to cheese and fromage and whatnot annoys me - this is turning into an Anjunaforum - with a whole bunch of guys flaming guys like Paul Miller and Kandi for not "reinventing" trance - only this time its the other way around.. and for a community of AH.fm's stature and potential - that is a shame - it only makes it worse that staffmembers join the fun too :)

this is very very true!the same happend as well with the dj mag voting last year for the best dj!alot of people were talking that US has a different style from Europeans and they usually vote the opposite from here as well!

BUT

I dont think this has something to do since alot of US people is visiting Europeans gigs such as in UK,Holland etc so its like you are saying they have their own EDM style and Europeans have theirs!

my point exactly - just look what happened with TATW after they began catering to the US - they went away from the ASOT model (the european model?) of a slow buildout throughout the set - and instead began playing more proggish stuff and mixing it up great with uplift...

i think its fair enough to critisize - but at a normal level - i mean - your point now and 3 months ago is the same - aka you dont need to state it on a daily basis? - some people like Vocals some dont, some likes only uplift some dont.

the primary difference is that we dont always tell people what we think they should believe :) - especially the constant references to cheese and fromage and whatnot annoys me - this is turning into an Anjunaforum - with a whole bunch of guys flaming guys like Paul Miller and Kandi for not "reinventing" trance - only this time its the other way around.. and for a community of AH.fm's stature and potential - that is a shame - it only makes it worse that staffmembers join the fun too :)

i think people are free to tell what they think, EVEN STAFFMEMBERS and i'm the opinion staff members should tell what's good or not.

So i am free and if i think some track is fromage i tell, i don't have any problems in that. So it's not you or wherever that tells me what i can say or not.

If you're not satisfied so don't read my posts.

my point exactly - just look what happened with TATW after they began catering to the US - they went away from the ASOT model (the european model?) of a slow buildout throughout the set - and instead began playing more proggish stuff and mixing it up great with uplift...

its like comparing ASOT with TATW :blink: TATW was always a different radio show from ASOT and the proggy stuff you are reffering check out older episodes and you will see that their style havent changed much!They were never into ASOT model and i doubt if this show will ever be!So i dont think it has something to do with catering to US

I didn't vote... and if I would do it I would not choose tracks from TOP 20, those are not my favorite

ok I like "you never said" and I love "Lost" but... not those versions, and if you wanna say something about polish listeners of trance first you should know what is their favorite style
most of my friends love uplifting and tech trance

Maybe I'm wrong now but I have impression that you tried to evaluate somebody on base fastly extracted conclusions after you have read my post ...and don't generalize that

Back