What do you hate about trance?

well those dj's shouldn't be called trance dj's, that will make a lot of people understand that Deadmau5 isn't trance either. I call MLS a trance dj.. But i don't call Armin van Buuren a trance dj, an certainly not Tiesto either. Ferry Corsten is coming closer to being a trance dj than those two guys.

Agreed, but still they are trance dj's. People should know the name ''trance'' is more than just trance. People should know the difference to what trance dj's play and what real trance is. We can call tiesto a good dj instead of a style related dj.

i agree with that.. Since Armin stopped playing 100% Trance his popularity rose like hell.. It's the painful reality.

Well I'm fine with it. Since I like his style more than pure trancers..

Well I'm fine with it. Since I like his style more than pure trancers..

His current style isn't good, it's sellout style. Just check out that deadmau5 style track he produced.. i mean, wtf ?! It's worth shit.

His current style isn't good, it's sellout style. Just check out that deadmau5 style track he produced.. i mean, wtf ?! It's worth shit.

Aren't we on about liveset performances? Atleast I am :mask:"All dj's have worth shit productions sometimes..

Aren't we on about liveset performances? Atleast I am :mask:"All dj's have worth shit productions sometimes..

It are his productions that make him famous lately.. ihave to hear that shitty track 'in and out of love' on the radio everyday :/ .. And his liveset performances, well, like i said to you, i haven't heard any good sets from him in years.. Especially not in Belgium

Last edited:
It are his productions that make him famous lately.. ihave to heard that shitty track 'in and out of love' on the radio everyday :/ .. And his liveset performances, well, like i said to you, i haven't heard any good sets from him in years.. Especially not in Belgium

Hmm yeah, but dj's on top have always been making money. So they need to have tunes to be played on radio's en TV.. I don't see why dj's should stay underground and people like madonna don't have to.

As long as the dj still has good dj performances I don't see the problem of having productions played on radios. Yeah you told me you didn't hear good sets of Armin the last few years, I guess it's bad luck :lol:

One of the things I'm noticing is a certain lack of originality amongst many of the djs on here. Songs like These Shoulders, Out Of The Sky and others appear on set after set. So it becomes a little difficult to be possitive about sets when you hear the same songs again and again till they have been run dry.

The best djs are the ones that do a little research first to see whats being played to death and to try to avoid those particular songs and to look around for something that hasn't as much exposure otherwise you risk boring the listener with the constant repeats of the same songs all the time. You could put things like personal productions or mashups in the sets, anything that is original and not getting played to death is good.

I totally agree with you SUNNY TOMORROW :grinning:

One of the things I'm noticing is a certain lack of originality amongst many of the djs on here. Songs like These Shoulders, Out Of The Sky and others appear on set after set. So it becomes a little difficult to be possitive about sets when you hear the same songs again and again till they have been run dry.

The best djs are the ones that do a little research first to see whats being played to death and to try to avoid those particular songs and to look around for something that hasn't as much exposure otherwise you risk boring the listener with the constant repeats of the same songs all the time. You could put things like personal productions or mashups in the sets, anything that is original and not getting played to death is good.
you´re soo right :bow:

for example, the track "No more Alone" is good....but......honestly i heard it like 4 times yesterday here on ah.fm...come on.........:wall:
is going to be like "Big sky" or "Beatitude", those are tracks that i don´t wanna listen in my life again:P

count me in too :P

its true that some tracks are overplayed...atm No More Alone is my favorite...but its being "fed" to me 4-5 times a day that i am starting to get tired of it, which is very unfortunate because it is a very nice track...but...every DJ wants to play what is "hot" atm...i do agree that most Dj's don't invest the time to do proper track selection, just pick the "hottest" and slap a set together

... i do agree that most Dj's don't invest the time to do proper track selection, just pick the "hottest" and slap a set together

additionally, i suspect that some of the DJs are doing exactly the opposite. that is, indeed "investing time" in checking out other DJ's playlists and their sets, but not in order to avoid playing already overplayed stuff, but rather to actually get the tracks for their own sets instead of checking the actual releases themselves, hence just playing what is already being played anyway. and the worst are those which take their tracks from ASOT et al.

again this is just a suspicion my evil mind has come up with, i don't know if anyone is really doing that. but it would be a nice explanation why certain tracks (many of which aren't all that great really, at least in my eyes) suddenly pop up everywhere, coincidentally shortly after having been on ASOT.

so if you're a DJ and do it like this, let me tell you: you're not! shame on you! :P :)

I don't want to make an ass of myself but most of the time 80% of the tracks in my sets are tracks i 'discovered' myself :) It's always cool to see some reaction on those tracks, especially over here, because most of the listeners will never have heard those tunes before :) I like it that way and as long as i have enough of time to do search for tracks i will keep on doing it , it's so much more fun than just play a set full of hits :)

I don't want to make an ass of myself but most of the time 80% of the tracks in my sets are tracks i 'discovered' myself :) It's always cool to see some reaction on those tracks, especially over here, because most of the listeners will never have heard those tunes before :) I like it that way and as long as i have enough of time to do search for tracks i will keep on doing it , it's so much more fun than just play a set full of hits :)
IMO Playing famous tracks doesn´t make a dj famous....but unfortunately many people thinks that, so they listen to ASOT and they think that if they play these tracks they´ll be famous...a DJ is more than playing the hot stuff,that´s reserved for clubs or something, although i can´t imagine a dj who plays in a club "No More alone" (for example) and the other dj that was going after him says...."damn, he played the track i was going to play..now i´m screwed...or i need to play a remix of it... or include it in a radio station set because he messed my big opportunity so everybody can see i can be famous too..*sighs*"... i haven´t proved that but i bet some dj in the world have thought like that in his/her attempt to be famous.:lol:

Last edited:
best sets are those containing tracks that are both unknown and great. the underground gems, the hard to get stuff. this is what will make a dj famous [1]. everything else either sucks or is just mainstream (or both).

([1] ok not really, if you wanna get famous, you gotta produce a track that makes it onto ASOT. but that's a different story.)

best sets are those containing tracks that are both unknown and great. the underground gems, the hard to get stuff. this is what will make a dj famous [1]. everything else either sucks or is just mainstream (or both).

([1] ok not really, if you wanna get famous, you gotta produce a track that makes it onto ASOT. but that's a different story.)

only if you want to be corrupted by the power of sticky and crappy vocal tracks (not always they have vocal tracks, but most of it):P...and we all are witnesses of that:lol:

only if you want to be corrupted by the power of sticky and crappy vocal tracks (not always they have vocal tracks, but most of it):P...and we all are witnesses of that:lol:

indeed :lol:

best example of that is Giorgio Ponticelli, he always find very good unknown tracks, authentic pearls :music::)

Back